Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Back PRESTON HIRE RACING FLASHING BACK WITH HOLDEN  (Read 583 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Back PRESTON HIRE RACING FLASHING BACK WITH HOLDEN
« on: September 07, 2018, 07:38:49 AM »
PRESTON HIRE RACING
FLASHING BACK WITH HOLDEN

Lee Holdsworth & Jason Bright will be taking their #18 Preston Hire Commodore back in time at the Sandown 500 as a nod to the 1968 Bathurst 500 winning Holden Monaro, driven by Bruce McPhee.   

Wyong Motors entered the Holden Monaro and Bruce McPhee as an underdog, who upset the bigger factory teams by running a buffed hard wearing street tyre rather than a racing tyre to win the ninth running of the Bathurst 500.

McPhee and the #13 Monaro were the first Holden Winners of the Bathurst event 50 years ago and Holdsworth believes the teams retro Sandown 500 livery reflects the Pirtek Enduro Cup campaign that he and Jason Bright are about to embark on, also running in the events as underdogs.   

"THERE COULDN’T BE A MORE APPROPRIATE LIVERY FOR PRESTON HIRE RACING HEADING INTO THE ENDURANCE SEASON. THIS SCHEME REPRESENTS THE LIVERY OF AN UNDERDOG TEAM THAT LEAD HOLDEN TO THEIR FIRST WIN AT THE MOUNTAIN 50 YEARS AGO. WE ALL START WITH A CLEAN SLATE OF POINTS FOR THE PIRTEK ENDURO CUP. BRIGHTY AND I WILL BE PUSHING HARD TO SPRING A SURPRISE RESULT."

Co-Driver Jason Bright had the chance to drive the Preston Hire Racing Commodore at a Sponsor Ride Day as well as across the Tailem Bend Practice sessions and is looking forward to diving back into the Supercars Championship at the Sandown 500.   

"I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SANDOWN AND SEEING OUR RETRO LIVERY HIT THE TRACK TO CELEBRATE THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF HOLDEN BATHURST WIN. I MAY HAVE BEEN SLOTTED IN LATE BUT I FEEL LIKE CHARLIE, LEE AND THE TEAM HAVE BEEN GENEROUS WITH THE TRACK RUNNING I RECEIVED AT THE BEND AND NOW GOING TO A TRACK I AM FAMILIAR WITH I AM SURE WE CAN SURPRISE A FEW PEOPLE." 

Team Owner Charlie Schwerkolt is also looking forward to seeing the retro Holden Livery on the #18 Preston Hire Racing Commodore at Sandown Raceway and hopes the historic livery can bring some luck to his deserving team. 

"WE HAVE REALLY TURNED THE CLOCK BACK WITH THE COOLEST LOOKING RETRO LIVERY OUT THERE. IT EMULATES HOLDEN’S FIRST WIN AT BATHURST IN 1968, 50 YEARS AGO. HOPE IT BRINGS SOME GOOD FORTUNE TO A WELL DESERVED PRESTON HIRE RACING TEAM. I THINK WE HAVE AN AMAZING DRIVER LINE UP WITH LEE HOLDSWORTH AND JASON BRIGHT. I CAN’T WAIT!" 

Preston Hire Racing will now head to the first event of the Pirtek Enduro Cup, the Sandown 500, held on 14 - 16 September with all races to be broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports.   

DOWNLOAD RELEASE & MEDIA

SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

1 – Shane Van Gisbergen, Red Bull Holden Racing – 2778 points
2 – Scott McLaughlin, Shell V-Power Racing – 2759 points
3 – Jamie Whincup, Red Bull Holden Racing – 2416 points
4 – Craig Lowndes, Autobarn Racing – 2229 points
5 – David Reynolds, Penrite Racing – 2213 points
21 – Lee Holdsworth, Preston Hire Racing – 951 points

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26585.msg119152#msg119152
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Back PRESTON HIRE RACING FLASHING BACK WITH HOLDEN
« on: September 07, 2018, 07:38:49 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats