Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Team Turner Racing Earns Pair Of Top-10s At Ohsweken Opener  (Read 639 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Team Turner Racing Earns Pair Of Top-10s At Ohsweken Opener

Ryan Turner drives his Ace’s Bar and Grill No.91 through turn two at Ohsweken Speedway on opening night. (Photo by Dale Calnan/Image Factor Media). 

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – May 24, 2017 – Team Turner Racing started their 2017 Ohsweken Speedway points chase with a pair of top-10 finishes for the trio of cars in action. Cory Turner led the way with a fourth-place finish aboard his KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless No.97.

“Our team’s been really on the ball,” Turner said. “Part of our success is we’ve been really good in our heat races. We’ve been in every redraw and it always makes it easier when you start up front.”

Cory did just that on Friday night, racing from fourth to second in his heat to earn a redraw spot. From there he raced inside the top-five all race long.

“I was just a little tight in the Feature,” Turner said. “I wasn’t quite as versatile as the cars in front of me. I was kind of trying to use the whole racetrack just to free myself up.”

Ryan Turner also earned a top-10 finish with a ninth-place result for his Ace’s Bar and Grill No.91. Ryan likely deserved a better result, but had to battle back from a spin in his heat race while running third. He finished sixth in the heat and had to start deep in the field for the main event.

“The car was pretty fast right out of the gate,” Ryan said. “We were happy with it in hot laps, so I don’t think we touched a thing. We went out in the heat race and we were quick I was hoping to get second and I drove it too hard into turns one and two and I looped it around. It was definitely a driver error. I think that’s actually my first time spinning out a Sprint Car.”

Regardless, Ryan rebounded to earn a respectable finish that gave he and his team a solid baseline moving forward.

“It’s definitely not the number we wanted, but with the way the car worked and the way everything went, other than me spinning out, it was a good night,” Ryan said. “We’re already working towards next week to make it faster.”

Jamie Turner was also in action on Friday night at Ohsweken. He turned in a fifth-place finish in his heat and was comfortable with his Charlie Bee Honey No.11 in the Feature before losing his brakes when a rock disconnected a brake line on lap two.

“Same issue, different rock, I guess,” Jamie said. “I’ve torn two lines off in two weeks and I can’t remember the last time I lost my brakes, especially two weeks in a row.”

While Jamie didn’t get the result he wanted in number, he was still happy with his car’s performance and how the rest of the team performed on opening night.

“The car wasn’t bad, so we’re looking forward to next week,” Jamie said. “I was going to have a decent finish. We were pretty happy with the night overall.”

Team Turner Racing will be in action again Friday, May 26 at Ohsweken for Friday Night Excitement. Weather permitting, the team then plans to travel to Canandaigua Speedway on Saturday, May 27 to battle with the Empire Super Sprints. For all of the latest information on Team Turner Racing, follow them on social media or visit www.teamturnerracing.ca.

SEASON STATS
11 Jamie Turner – 2 Start: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 0 Top-10s
91 Ryan Turner – 3 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 1 Top-10s
97 Cory Turner – 3 Starts: 0 Wins, 3 Top-5s, 3 Top-10s

TEAM TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/TeamTurnerRacing
Twitter: @11TeamTurner19
YouTube: Youtube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Team Turner Racing mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Turner” to be added to the list.

TEAM TURNER PARTNERS
Team Turner Racing is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including KT Tobacco, Charlie-Bee Honey, Aces Bar & Grill, Braemar Building Systems, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Gale's Auto Aftermarket, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Malabar Super Spice, V&R Recycling, Caistor Agri Services, J’N’E Recovery, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Total Coatings, Insta-Panels, KT Gas & Convenience, Six Nations Bingo, Silo Wireless, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Truck Toppers, iC Super Computers, Silverdale Gun Club, Bryan's Farm Supply, Beamer Farms, The Powerhouse, Hitchman Trailers, Barlow Farms, Mac Tools, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, JLB Mobile Mechanical, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Top Flight Wings,  Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, ImageFactor.ca, and Clayton Johns Media.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23996.msg116562#msg116562
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats