Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
V8 Supercars / KISS TO PERFORM AT 2019 NEWCASTLE 500
« Last post by CanadianRacingOnline on October 30, 2018, 11:51:10 AM »
KISS TO PERFORM AT 2019 NEWCASTLE 500

The Coates Hire Newcastle 500 has landed one of the world’s biggest bands for 2019.

Global superstars KISS will play at the Newcastle Supercars event in one of just seven Australian venues on their End of the World tour.

KISS, who have sold more than 100 million albums worldwide and is regarded the most influential rock band of all time, will play at the No.1 Sportsground on Saturday, November 23, 2019.

“This is an absolute coup for Newcastle and Supercars fans,” Supercars CEO Sean Seamer said.

“KISS is one of the world’s greatest rock bands. To have them play at our last event of the year, on their last tour, is big news.

“This will take what is already a massive major event for the city to a new level and is sure to draw crowds from across Australia and the world.”

Known for their trademark larger-than-life blistering performances, KISS has proven for decades why they are hands down the most iconic live show in rock n roll.  The Rock & Roll Hall of Famers have said this tour is devoted to the millions of KISS Army fans.

"All that we have built and all that we have conquered over the past four decades could never have happened without the millions of people worldwide who've filled clubs, arenas and stadiums over those years,” said KISS.

“This will be the ultimate celebration for those who've seen us and a last chance for those who haven't. KISS Army, we're saying goodbye on our final tour with our biggest show yet and we'll go out the same way we came in..... unapologetic and unstoppable.”

The concert is expected to sell out the No1 Sportsground and bring in thousands more visitors for one of only two KISS shows and the first in New South Wales.

Parliamentary Secretary for the Hunter Scot MacDonald said the international superstars would provide even more incentive for visitors to travel to Newcastle for the event.

“Rock bands don’t come much bigger than KISS and with the Newcastle 500 to be the first of only two NSW shows, it is a massive win for the event, motorsport fans and the local community,” Mr MacDonald said.

“The Newcastle 500 is a highlight of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship calendar and already attracts thousands of overnight visitors. The addition of KISS to next year’s schedule is sure to fill the No.1 Sportsground and see many more people travel to the spectacular Hunter region.”

Newcastle Lord Mayor Nuatali Nelmes said: “We are thrilled Supercars have secured the legendary KISS for their 2019 concert.

“As Newcastle will be the only regional centre the band are playing on their End of the World Tour, the No. 1 Sportsground concert will make for another unforgettable experience during the third instalment of the Newcastle 500.”

Supercars pre-sale 2019 concert tickets will only be available at this year's event from the 2 x KISS Ticketek box offices located inside the track, please see www.supercars.com.

With the show expected to sell out 2018 attendees have the first opportunity for tickets which go on public sale at 9am on Monday 26 November from ticketek.com.

The 2018 Coates Hire Newcastle 500 will take place from 23-25 November. For further information and tickets, visit http://www.supercars.com/newcastle/

The Coates Hire Newcastle 500 was secured exclusively for Newcastle for five years by the NSW Government via its tourism and major events agency, Destination NSW, in partnership with the Newcastle City Council.

KISS photos and tour art available Click here

KISS tour sizzle real vision Click here

For all KISS information:   www.kissonline.com.au

For Media Information:

Cole Hitchcock, Supercars

0412 743 097 | chitchcock@supercars.com

Proudly presented by One World Entertainment, TEG Live and Triple M Classic Rock.

www.oneworldentertainment.com.au  |   www.teglive.com.au

Copyright © 2018 Supercars Australia, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you requested to be added to the Supercars Media Distribution list.

For more information, contact:

Cole Hitchcock
General Manager Corporate Affairs
Ph: +61 412 743 097

Paul Glover
Media Manager
Ph: +61 421 718 485
Ethan Constable Caught Up in Crash at Autumn Colours Classic
PETERBOROUGH, Ontario — Running inside the top-10, Ethan Constable was caught up in a crash in the closing stages of Peterborough Speedway’s Autumn Colours Classic.

Constable placed third in his first heat on Friday night, followed by a fifth in the second qualifier on Saturday afternoon.

Starting 14th in the feature on Sunday, he would move up two spots in the early stages, running 11th as of the first caution at Lap 18. He would break into the top-10 shortly after the restart, getting by Carson Nagy for eighth on Lap 30. He’d move up another spot when a competitor had a problem, eventually working his way up to sixth with 12 laps to go.

Unfortunately, a head of him, a pair of drivers got together, with more piling in, leaving Constable nowhere to go as he got caught up right in the middle. The damage would be severe, ending his race early. He would be credited with a 14th-place finish.

During the weekend, Constable also took part in the Young Guns Showcase on Friday night at Peterborough Speedway. He grabbed the early lead and would pace the first half of the event. However, as they got past halfway, he was caught by defending race winner Lane Zardo and defending Young Guns winner Coltin Everingham. They’d both get by Constable, with Constable ultimately crossing the finish line in fifth.

Constable is proud to be supported by Lefroy Plumbing, Innisfil Garage Doors, Pumpmytank.ca, RTI Equipment Solutions, Sturdy Power Lines, and Mr. Auto Service.

Press Release by Ashley McCubbin
Rick Spencer-Walt Wrecked out of Electric City 167 at Peterborough
PETERBOROUGH, Ontario — Rick Spencer-Walt was on his way to having a solid run in the Electric City 167 as part of Peterborough Speedway’s Autumn Colours Classic when he wrecked out by a fellow competitor.

Spencer-Walt started off the weekend by timing in at 13.717 seconds to qualify 10th for the event, which was meant to be a combined race with both Pro Late Models and Limited Late Models. Although he qualified his Limited Late Model, he would forfeit his starting position when the decision was made to bring out the Pro Late Model instead.

Starting at the tail of the field, he would get alongside Derek Lynch for 11th on Lap 5. He would complete the pass, followed by getting by Mike Wallace for 10th four laps later. He would continue moving forward, making his way up to the ninth position by Lap 12 before the first caution four laps later.

Restarting eighth after a fellow competitor pitted, he would initially move up to seventh, but faded back to eighth by Lap 30. With there being a lot of laps remaining, the field would string out single-file, but Spencer-Walt continued to still make up ground, moving into seventh by the halfway mark.

Under the halfway mark fuel caution, if you just took fuel and handled driver comfort, you would keep your position for the restart. If you chose to do something other than that, you would restart at the back of the field. This would shuffle the grid for the restarts big time.

Following the restart, Spencer-Walt began to move forward, moving into sixth by Lap 87, followed by avoiding a spinning competitor a lap later to move up to fifth. Restarting inside the top-five, he would get up to fourth on the restart and remained there until he was passed on Lap 112. He would continue to fall back, ultimately running eighth with 37 laps to go.

As the laps wound down, he was caught by fellow competitor Dan McHattie, with McHattie tapping the back end of the No. 31w Late Model entering turn three on Lap 135, causing Spencer-Walt to make significant contact with the wall. Spencer-Walt was credited with a 17th-place finish.

The Eldon Wallis-owned team is proud to be supported by Gohydrovac.ca, Jim Wilson Chevrolet, Auto Trim Design, Byer’s Equipment Motorsports, Orser Technical Services, Heidi’s RV Superstore, GreenSteelRoof.ca, HOTC, Speedy Auto Glass Orillia, Frame Shop Huntsville, Speedy Auto Machine, Red Castle Performance, and EPIC Racewear.

Keep up with Rick Spencer-Walt and Spencer-Walt Motorsports by liking their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walt-Motorsports/524817640964689?fref=ts and following Rick Spencer-Walt on twitter at https://twitter.com/Rwalt31.

Press Release by Ashley McCubbin/AM Marketing – ashleymccubbin17@gmail.com
Luke Gignac Rebounds for Top-10 at Autumn Colours Classic
PETERBOROUGH, Ontario — After being involved in a mid-race caution, Luke Gignac made his way back to the front for a top-10 finish in the Autumn Colours Classic at Peterborough Speedway.

Gignac finished third in his first heat on Friday night, followed by a third in the second qualifier on Saturday afternoon.

Starting eighth in Sunday’s feature, he’d remain there through the early laps despite a pair of cautions. He’d drop back two spots to 10th by Lap 17, set to ride in line until he was caught up in another driver’s incident at Lap 23. He’d make his way down pit road, with the ADAMS Motorsports pit crew changing the flat tire before sending him back out.

Restarting at the tail of the field, he’d avoid incident on the first attempts at a restart, before spinning to avoid contact on the third attempt. Due to spinning to avoid, he’d be given back the 10th position where he was running. He would get up to ninth on the restart, moving up another spot when another competitor had a problem under the eighth yellow flag at Lap 32. He would then avoid an incident shortly after the restart to gain another couple positions, ultimately crossing the finish line with a sixth-place finish.

ADAMS Motorsports is proud to be supported by PBS Motors and Pumps, Dwinnells Family Movers, Heritage Heating, Morton Metals, OTD Building Supplies, Fox’s Bakery and Deli, Port’s Heating & Cooling, Imperial Limousine & Airport Service, WIX Filters, Harbour Electric, and TSS Top Shops.

Be sure to keep up with ADAMS Motorsports by liking their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/adamsmotorsportsmodified/?fref=ts and checking out their website at http://www.adamsmotorsports99.com.

Press Release by: Ashley McCubbin/AM Marketing – ashleymccubbin17@gmail.com
Cadillac Wins IMSA Prototype Championship, Whelen Engineering Cadillac Wins Drivers, Team Championships

Cadillac won the IMSA Prototype Manufacturer Championship today at the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Motul Petit Le Mans. The championship comes on the strength of the run by the Whelen Engineering Cadillac team which won the drivers' and team championship with their eighth-place performance in today's season finale at Road Atlanta. The Konica Minolta Cadillac team won the 10-hour race, their first of the season.

2018 Cadillac Season Ending Honors:
Cadillac wins IMSA Prototype Manufacturer Championship
Whelen Engineering Cadillac drivers Eric Curran and Felipe Nasr win IMSA Prototype Drivers' Championship
Whelen Engineering Cadillac wins the IMSA Prototype Team Championship
Cadillac wins Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup (TPNAEC) Manufacturer Championship
Whelen Engineering Cadillac drivers Eric Curran and Felipe Nasr win TPNAEC Drivers' Championship
Whelen Engineering Cadillac wins TPNAEC team championship
At the drop of the green the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R in the hands of Felipe Nasr began to make its way to the front of the pack from the ninth-place qualifying position. Two hours into the race Eric Curran took the lead in the red Cadillac DPi-V.R with the help from a fortunate pit stop just when a full course yellow was slowing the action. He exited the pits and when the race restarted he was the leader. With the team constantly preaching to not risk the car in the Road Atlanta race traffic, Nasr, Curran and third driver Gabby Chaves were able to do just enough, finish within one place of the No. 54 Core Oreca in eighth to win the IMSA Prototype Championship.

"This is unbelievable," Curran said. "Talk about down to the wire, it just doesn't get closer than that in racing. We didn't think we could make it on fuel, we kept backing Felipe up to hit the number running four or five seconds off the pace at the end. The 54 Core car had to stop and that made the difference. The Whelen Cadillac was great all day. We led a lot of the race. The engineers on the box, the pit stops were all spot on. What a great day! It feels great to win two of these championships in a two-year window. I am unbelievably happy!"

"I have no words at all," Nasr said. "It was an exhausting last stint, to be honest, three plus hours in the car. Somehow, we lost power halfway through the stint so the only chance we had was to hit the fuel target. I still can't believe it, it was impossible but somehow, we made it! I want to thank Eric, Gabby, and Mike (Conway) - even though he's not here this weekend, he's been a great part of the team. And thank you to the Action Express guys who made all the calls, all our sponsors - the Whelan car has won two championships! This is my first year in the series and I couldn't ask for a better way for the season to go. It's been a great year, I just need time for it all to sink in."

"I had a great time out there today," Chaves said. "The Whelen Cadillac was great to drive here at Road Atlanta. I was able to lead a few laps. When I was in the car we were a little off pit sequence with the other cars so we were hanging around the top five. My job this weekend was to keep a good pace going and keep the car clean. Eric and Felipe did the hard work like they have been doing all year. They deserve the championship."

By winning the first segment of the race, the Whelen Engineering Cadillac team won the TPNAEC team championship. For Action Express it is their fifth TPNAEC team championship. The strong performance of the No. 5 Mustang Sampling Cadillac team and the No. 10 Konica Minolta team also contributed valuable points to the endurance championship today.

Cadillac takes the IMSA Prototype Championship Manufacturer trophy for the second consecutive year. All three teams posted wins on the season to help the brand capture top manufacturer honors once again in 2018.

"It was a great night at Petit Le Mans with the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R winning the championship," Steve Carlisle, General Motors senior vice president and president, Cadillac said. "Cadillac, for the second year in a row, is the IMSA Prototype driver and manufacturer champions! That is a testament to the Wayne Taylor, Action Express and Spirit of Daytona teams all performing to a very high standard all season. The drivers' and manufacturers trophies are shared by everyone at Cadillac, our teams, suppliers and customers. We have proven that V-Performance is once again the standard of power in IMSA Prototype competition."

"Congratulations to Eric Curran and Felipe Nasr on winning Cadillac's second consecutive IMSA Prototype drivers' championship," Mark Reuss, GM Executive Vice President and President Global Product Group and Cadillac said. "The No. 31 Action Express Cadillac DPi-V.R team took the momentum from their victory at the Detroit Grand Prix through the season to take the title. Cadillac V-Performance power, combined with strong team work, proved to be a winning combination. Also, thanks to all of the Cadillac DPi teams for delivering valuable points to earn Cadillac's second consecutive manufacturer championship."

Hunter-Reay, left, Van Der Zande, Taylor win Petit.
The No. 10 Konica-Minolta Cadillac team was driving without reservation all race. The trio of Jordan Taylor, Renger Van Der Zande and Ryan Hunter-Reay were not in a championship points position and drove for the win. The team led briefly into the early evening. In the last half hour of the race, Van Der Zande was using all of the Cadillac DPi-V.R to chase down the leading No. 5 Mustang Sampling Cadillac. The Mustang Sampling Cadillac was conserving fuel and stumbled heading into the second to last turn allowing Van Der Zande to pass for the win within 200 yards of the finish line.

"It was pretty crazy," Taylor said. "It was a never-give-up strategy today. It was 10 hours and one of the toughest Petit Le Mans races there's been in a long time, especially in the Prototype class. It was a tough year not having a win until now, and it would've been very disappointing to leave this season without a win. But our guys were unbelievable - the whole Konica Minolta crew. We were making up positions on every pit stops, which kept us up front for track position. And for the last two hours, Renger was saving fuel. If we wouldn't have stuck to that strategy like we did, we would've ended up like the 5 car. We were pushing him every lap to save fuel and hit his numbers, and he was still able to keep the pressure on and it worked, passing for the win with two corners to go. To go through 10 hours of racing is unbelievable. Wayne Taylor Racing has won at least one race for all 15 years of its existence, so it's a great way to end the way and a great way to lead into 2019."

"Took nine races to get my first win with the team," Van Der Zande said. "We finally got it done. I'm super happy and super proud of the team and I think this was a real team effort. We kept it on the black stuff, we gave it our all at the right time, but mainly on the fuel mileage and hitting the numbers they gave me was a big calculation at the end and the team got it done. We knew we were going to struggle during the day when it was hot. When I got in for Ryan on my second-to-last stint, it was starting to cool down and that's when I started to feel like we do have a good car because it felt horrible before that. It was steering in, it was braking, it was doing everything I wanted. The closer we got to the end of the race, the better the car was getting, I could attack everywhere. At the end, it was a very calculation kind of game on track because you want to get position but you want to save fuel, as well. That's the game that we played and we played it very nice. I'm very happy. We have a baby coming any time now so I have to head home now. I'll be very anxious until it happens but this is a very nice thing to happen to end the season."

The No. 5 Mustang Sampling Cadillac team with Filipe Albuquerque, Christian Fittipaldi and Tristan Vautier suffered through early race contact and a penalty to come back and take the race lead. With one lap to go, Albuquerque was behind the wheel and leading when he took the white flag. Being very close on fuel the car stumbled into Turn 10 and the Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R passed him within site of the finish line. He was able to get the car down the hill and across to the checker in fourth.

"When Filipe came out of Turn 7, I thought we had it," Fittipaldi said. "I thought that was it, we only had the straightaways and it would be okay. But then he started having a misfire down the straight and unfortunately, not only the 10 but all the other cars went by and we didn't even finish on the podium. Congratulations to the Whelen guys for winning the championship, it was an awesome run. It was an awesome run for us this season, but we just were unfortunate a few times, and today was one of those times. But this is a solid group of guys, we'll turn the page to a new chapter and try and win Daytona again to start the new season."

"We really have had bad luck in the second half of the season, it was very frustrating," Albuquerque said. "We had problems early in the race with the offset, recovered and came back to lead. The car was just brilliant from lap one, so I hated to have to race to the fuel at the end. We thought we had it, but apparently, we couldn't catch it. One corner, that's all it was, and to not even get a podium is very hard. Everyone did great, and Tristen did an amazing job, jumping in and helping us. I guess it was just not meant to be."

"We were so close to winning Petit," Vautier said. "It was very tense, those last moments. Filipe drove an amazing race, getting into the lead, and then driving to those fuel numbers. We were going for broke and were that close, two corners from winning Petit Le Mans. Just an amazing experience with the team, I'm very grateful they gave me the call to come and jump in. It's a shame we couldn't bring it back in a podium position but thank you to the team for an amazing job. It's an incredible organization. Thank you to Filipe, Christian and Joao and the entire team for being so welcoming, I'm very grateful. I'm happy for the team as a whole, because the 31 won the championship and that was the main mission today. I'm disappointed, but very grateful."

The teams will celebrate the wins and collect their trophies at the IMSA WeatherTech Night o of Champions tomorrow and then look to January for the Roar Before the 24 test in just three months to kick-off the 2019 season. Cadillac will have seven DPi-V.R cars on the grid for the Rolex 24 Hours At Daytona to run January 24-27.

Cadillac DPi-V.R 2018 Results
Track Drivers Qualify Finish Points
Daytona Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa
Christian Fittipaldi 3 1   
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 7 2   
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 1 15   
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier
Eddie Cheever III 5 20   
Sebring Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa
Christian Fittipaldi 8 10 3 (56)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 5 3 1 (62)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 10 2 7 (48) 
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier
Eddie Cheever III 1 12 11 (30)
Long Beach Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 5 1 35 (1)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 2 7 32 (2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 6 3 16 (4)
Mid-Ohio Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 6 4 119
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 12 8 109
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4 5 104
Detroit Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 4 6 144
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 6 1 144
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 7 5 130
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier 12 13 48
Watkins Glen Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi
Gabby Chaves 14 6 169 (1)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 11 7 168 (2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 8 5 156 (4)
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier 12 11 68 (24)
CTMP Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi 11 4 197
(2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4 2 188
(3)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 12 3 198
(1)
Road America Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 7 7 221
(2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4 4 216
(4)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 9 3 228
(1)
Laguna Seca Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 11 DNS 221 (6)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 1 12 235
(3)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 9 5 254
(1)
Petit Le Mans Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi
Tristan Vautier 6 4   
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 12 1   
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Gabby Chaves 9 8   

Photo credits, Cadillac/Richard Prince.

Eric Curran, left, and Felipe Nasr.

The Cadillac DPi-V.R teams won every title in the inaugural season of the IMSA DPi formula including: Cadillac wins DPi manufacturer championship; Cadillac wins TPNAEC (Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup) manufacturer title; Jordan and Ricky Taylor 2017 IMSA WeatherTech DPi driver champions; Konica Minolta Cadillac team champions; Mustang Sampling Cadillac drivers Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi and Filipe Albuquerque won the TPNAEC DPi driver championship; Mustang Sampling Cadillac won the TPNAEC DPi team championship; Whelen Engineering drivers Dane Cameron and Eric Curran finish second in the driver's championship; Mustang Sampling Cadillac drivers Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi finish third in the driver's championship; Cadillac teams combine to win seven races in 2017: Rolex 24 Hours At Daytona, Twelve Hours of Sebring, Long Beach, Circuit of the Americas, Detroit, Watkins Glen, and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
A leading luxury auto brand since 1902, Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio that features distinctive design and technology. Today Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio featuring distinctive design and technology. More information on Cadillac appears at www.cadillac.com. Cadillac's media website with information, images and video can be found at media.cadillac.com.

Additional information can be viewed at Cadillac.com, GM.com, media.gm.com; Twitter @Cadillac; Facebook, GM, Cadillac.

The Cadillac Racing media guide can be viewed at media.cadillac.com.  For additional information please contact Kyle Chura, kyle@kcapr.com or (248) 821-0468.
ACT / Wall Inherits Surprise Thompson Victory as Payea Secures Title
« Last post by CanadianRacingOnline on October 15, 2018, 07:38:14 AM »
Wall Inherits Surprise Thompson Victory as Payea Secures Title 

Thompson, CT – Millbury, MA’s William Wall emerged as the surprise winner when the dust settled after a wild finish to the American-Canadian Tour (ACT) World Series 75 at Connecticut’s Thompson Speedway on Saturday, October 13. The former Thompson Late Model Champion scored one for the locals by inheriting his first career ACT Late Model Tour victory while Colchester, VT’s Scott Payea secured his second straight ACT title with a 7th-place finish.

Wall crossed the finish line second to fellow local Jake Johnson of Rehoboth, MA, who appeared to have pulled off a shocker of his own after taking the lead with four laps remaining in his first ACT start. Johnson’s joy was short-lived, however, as the young racer was disqualified in post-race technical inspection for a chassis infraction. This gave the victory to Wall, who had been strong in previous ACT events at the speedway and finally broke into the winner’s circle on Northeast Late Model racing’s biggest stage.

The reversal was just the latest twist in a race that saw many of them in the final eight circuits. Lebanon, NH’s Rich Dubeau had led the first 67 laps uncontested off the outside pole, which went clean and green with hard racing throughout the field. As the laps wound down, Dubeau had a healthy lead over Salem, MA’s Tom Carey III and seemed poised to become a first-time ACT winner himself.

But after Graniteville, VT’s Chip Grenier spun in turn two to bring out the first caution, chaos erupted on the historic 5/8-mile oval. Three more cautions would fly within the next lap alone, including one where Payea was caught up in a multi-car melee on the backstretch while running ninth. While Payea escaped damage to his car, the spin opened the door for Rowley, MA’s Eddie MacDonald, who entered the main event 25 points behind Payea, to have a shot at stealing the title.

Following the fourth caution on lap 68, Carey got the jump on Dubeau to take over the lead. Meanwhile, MacDonald sensed his opportunity and quickly sliced his way to the third position. Dubeau fought back on Carey after the initial result and was just 0.002 seconds behind him when the fifth caution flew on lap 71 for a backstretch spin involved Jared Materas and Matthew Lowinski-Loh. Payea also went for another spin just beforehand, but was moving at the time the caution flew and thus got his spot back in the line-up.

The ensuing restart would be the one that ultimately decided the championship. Coming off turn two, the top-3 cars all made contact, with both Carey and Dubeau spinning on the backstretch. MacDonald was sent to the rear of the field for his involvement, putting him behind Payea and effectively ending his title bid.

As a result, Barre, VT’s Nick Sweet unexpectedly found himself sitting in the lead with Johnson in second. But Sweet had suffered damage to the rear of his car while going through the infield to avoid a previous incident, and Johnson easily got the jump on the final restart. Wall followed Johnson up the outside into the second spot, which proved to be the winning move.

Meanwhile, Payea cut through the field following his incident, aided by the subsequent cautions, to finish seventh. The result unofficially gave him the championship by 35 points over MacDonald, who ended up 12th. It was the second straight ACT title for Payea and the 10th for his RPM Motorsports team.

Sweet inherited the second position in the final finishing order. Quebec’s Jean-Francois Dery ran with the leaders all night and became the new 3rd-place finisher following post-race inspection. Modified champion Woody Pitkat and New-London Waterford Speedbowl regular Ryan Morgan rounded out the top-5. Ryan Kuhn, Payea, Mark Jension, Jimmy Hebert, and Dubeau finished 6th through 10th. Hebert’s effort came after starting last on the grid due to a crash coming to the green flag of his qualifying heat.

The 2018 ACT Late Model Tour season is now complete. The Banquet of Champions is scheduled for Saturday, November 17 at the Capital Plaza in Montpelier, VT. More information regarding the 2019 season will be released in the near future.

For more information, contact the ACT offices at (802) 244-6963, media@acttour.com, or visit www.acttour.com.

ACT LATE MODEL TOUR

WORLD SERIES 75

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS

Pos., Start Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps

1. ( 9 ) William Wall ( 4MA ) , Millbury, MA , 75 Laps
2. ( 3 ) Nick Sweet ( 40VT ) , Barre, VT , 75 Laps
3. ( 4 ) Jean-Francois Dery ( 21QC ) , Quebec, QC , 75 Laps
4. ( 5 ) Woody Pitkat ( 07MA ) , Bellingham, MA , 75 Laps
5. ( 7 ) Ryan Morgan ( 3CT ) , Gales Ferry, CT , 75 Laps
6. ( 14 ) Ryan Kuhn ( 72MA ) , East Bridgewater, MA , 75 Laps
7. ( 10 ) Scott Payea ( 37VT ) , Colchester, VT , 75 Laps
8. ( 6 ) Mark Jenison ( 22RI ) , Warwick, RI , 75 Laps
9. ( 27 ) Jimmy Hebert ( 58VT ) , Williamstown, VT , 75 Laps
10. ( 2 ) Rich Dubeau ( 30NH ) , Lebanon, NH , 75 Laps
11. ( 1 ) Tom Carey III ( 5MA ) , Salem, MA , 75 Laps
12. ( 11 ) Eddie MacDonald ( 17MA ) , Rowley, MA , 75 Laps
13. ( 13 ) Brian Tagg ( 9MA ) , Oxford, MA , 74 Laps
14. ( 24 ) Brooks Clark ( 68VT ) , Fayston, VT , 74 Laps
15. ( 18 ) Chip Grenier ( 9VT ) , Graniteville, VT , 74 Laps
16. ( 15 ) #Dylan Payea ( 7NH ) , Milton, VT , 74 Laps
17. ( 19 ) Joey Parker ( 60MA ) , Weymouth, MA , 73 Laps
18. ( 22 ) Stephen Donahue ( 21VT ) , Graniteville, VT , 73 Laps
19. ( 21 ) Claude Leclerc ( 11QC ) , Lanoraie, QC , 73 Laps
20. ( 8 ) Jared Materas ( 13CT ) , Westfield, MA , 73 Laps
21. ( 17 ) Corey Mason ( 1NH ) , Groveton, NH , 73 Laps
22. ( 23 ) Christopher Pelkey ( 41VT ) , South Barre, VT , 73 Laps
23. ( 16 ) Matthew Lowinski-Loh ( 17CT ) , Milford, MA , 72 Laps
24. ( 25 ) #Peyton Lanphear ( 22VT ) , Duxbury, VT , 72 Laps
25. ( 20 ) Paul Charette ( 81MA ) , Woodstock, CT , 67 Laps
26. ( 26 ) James Linardy ( 77MA ) , Somerville, MA , 17 Laps

DSQ Jake Johnson ( 15MA ) , Rehoboth, MA

Lap Leaders: Tom Carey III pole; Rich Dubeau 1-68; Carey 69-71; Jake Johnson 72-75. (3 lead changes among 3 drivers)

Time of Race: 1:04:31   Margin of Victory: 0.955 seconds

Cautions: 6 (laps 67, 67, 67, 68, 71, 71)

Heat Winners: Jean-Francois Dery, William Wall, Eddie MacDonald

B-Feature Winner: Paul Charette

Michael R. Stridsberg
American-Canadian Tour
Media Director
(802) 244-6963 ext. 6
media@acttour.com
EASTERN SUPER MINI CUP SERIES CROWNS CHAMPION SATURDAY IN MIRAMICHI

(MISCOUCHE, PE - October 10th, 2018) - The 2018 Eastern Super Mini Cup Series will draw to a close Saturday with the Concept Drilling 20 at Speedway Miramichi. The Season Finale on the seven race schedule is a part of The Very Best Fall Shootout at New Brunswick’s North Shore oval. The racing card is slated for a 2pm start on Saturday, October 13th.

Mark Ferguson (Saint John, NB) has virtually clinched the 2018 Eastern Super Mini Cup Series championship heading into the Concept Drilling 20 on Saturday. Ferguson takes a 50 point advantage into the final race and given that he takes the green flag on Saturday will nail down his second championship. Ferguson won the title in a shortened 2016 season with the Series.

Jacob Dunlop (Hampton, PE) enters Saturday with a slim seven point advantage on “Old Man” Donnie McNeil for the runner-up spot in the championship. The pair entered the Atlantic Championships last weekend at the Shediac CENTRE For Speed tied for the spot but Dunlop, by virtue of a strong heat race and a third place feature finish, enters this weekend with the slight edge. Both Dunlop and McNeil have won two feature races this season and each will look to break the tie in the win column and nail down second in the standings after leaving Speedway Miramichi.

The pleasant surprise out of the 25-lap feature at the CENTRE For Speed last Saturday was winner Logan Dawson (Tyne Valley, PE). Dawson impressed as he left only three cars on the lead lap at the end of the race en route to his first win on the Series in just his fourth start in the car. Dawson has moved to fourth overall in the standings but only has a one point advantage on fellow Series freshman Randy Wilson with one race to go on the Series.

Dawson will have company on track in his father Dan Dawson, who is slated to make his Series debut at Speedway Miramichi on Saturday in the Concept Drilling 20. Dan will be piloting the car formerly campaigned by Series veteran Jeremy Alexander of Summerside, PE.

Prince Edward Island’s Dave Griffin barely missed out on a podium spot in the most recent race at the CENTRE For Speed. Griffin, in one of his best races of the season, fell a lap down in the final circuits last Saturday but still managed to finish fourth in the caution free feature. He has closed down the gap to six points between himself and hometown favorite Kirk Sheasgreen (Miramichi, NB) for sixth in the point standings. Sheasgreen, who has had a roller coaster season in the No. 40 car, will hope to close out 2018 with a win at his home track.

The Eastern Super Mini Cup Series roster is rounded out by Brodie Lewis of Charlottetown, PE.

Adult grandstand admission price for Saturday night’s The Very Best Fall Shootout and Concept Drilling 20 is $15 (aged 18 and up), youth admission (aged eight to 17) is $10 and children seven and under are admitted free of charge. A family grandstand pass (two adults and two youth admissions) is $35. Pit admission is $20. Tickets are available at the gate on race day.

Pit gates for competitors open at 10am on Saturday, October 13th with grandstand gates for fans opening at 12pm. Racing gets underway with qualifying at 2pm. The event includes a 100-lap Street Stock feature, the Atlantic Modified Tour season finale, a 50-lap Mini Stock event, the Dukes division and a Demolition Blowout Finale!

The Eastern Super Mini Cup Series would like to thank Concept Drilling for partnering with the Series to present the Season Finale at Speedway Miramichi. Concept Drilling is a licensed water well drilling company with over 20 years experience in geotechnical and environmental drilling. For more information, find them on Facebook at Concept Drilling Services or give them a call at (506) 624-4874. Marketing opportunities with the Eastern Super Mini Cup Series are available by contacting Kirk Sheasgreen at (506) 210-0437.

For complete information on the Eastern Super Mini Cup Series, please visit their Facebook page at Facebook.com/EasternMiniCupCar.

About Speedway Miramichi:
Speedway Miramichi is Eastern Canada’s Oldest Active Motorsports Venue, and Northern New Brunswick’s only paved oval track. Located in the city of Miramichi, New Brunswick, and just 5 minutes away from all city amenities, Speedway Miramichi hosts stock car racing and demolition events throughout the summer. There is no other facility in the world where you can watch a stock car race, burnout competition, figure-8 race, and a demolition derby during the same event. Visit our website (speedwaymiramichi2016.com), check us out on Facebook (Speedway Miramichi Inc.), or find us on Instagram (speedway.miramichi) for more details, and join us as we celebrate our 50th Anniversary in 2018!

About the Eastern Super Mini Cup Series:
The Eastern Super Mini Cup Series offers all the excitement of stock car racing in a small package! Formed for competition in the Maritimes in 2012, the Series will visit three ovals between Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick over seven events in their 2018 season. To keep up with the Eastern Super Mini Cup Series, like them on Facebook at Facebook.com/EasternMiniCupCar or follow them on Twitter at @ESMCSeries.
A.J. Emms Scores Top-Five at Peterborough’s Autumn Colours Classic
PETERBOROUGH, Ontario — Despite being involved in an early race incident, A.J. Emms made his way back to the front to score a top-five finish in the OSCAAR Modified Autumn Colours Classic feature at Peterborough Speedway.

Emms started off the weekend by finishing sixth in his Friday night heat, followed by a third in his Saturday qualifier.

Starting 15th in Sunday’s feature, he escaped the first lap incident without any damage to the No. 14 Modified. He then looked set to make his way forward, battling for positions mid-pack. Unfortunately, with just seven laps on the board, he made contact with the back of another competitor, sending that driver for a spin.

Sent to the back as an involved car for the restart, he would make his way back up to 14th by Lap 17, cracking the top-10 when he avoided an incident ahead of him on Lap 23. Restarting 10th with 28 scheduled laps to go, he’d avoid the next couple of incidents, moving his way up to the sixth spots. The outside groove proved tough on the restarts, as Emms slipped back to ninth. He would begin to make ground back up, passing Tim Tolton for eighth on Lap 28.

A couple more incidents for the leaders worked in his favor as he moved up to sixth. He then got by Chad Strawn on Lap 36 to move into the top-five. The caution would fly a lap later for a significant incident and due to hitting the time limit, single-file restarts would be the call for the rest of the event. Emms would battle hard on the ensuing restart, finishing the event in fifth.

Emms Racing is proud to be supported by BAE Environmental, FMR Scrap Buyers, Artech Promotional Products, Klotz Canada, WIX Filters, Peter Built Racecars, TSS Top Shops, and Creecher’s Design for 2018.

Fans are encouraged to stay tuned to the Emms Racing website at http://www.ajemms.com, as well as the team’s facebook page via https://www.facebook.com/ajemmsracing/.
OSCAAR / Wally Wilson Caps Off 2018 Campaign with Top-15 at ACC
« Last post by CanadianRacingOnline on October 15, 2018, 07:34:40 AM »
Wally Wilson Caps Off 2018 Campaign with Top-15 at ACC
PETERBOROUGH, Ontario – Wally Wilson would finish his 2018 OSCAAR Modified campaign on a solid note with a top-15 finish at Peterborough Speedway’s Autumn Colours Classic.

Wilson started off the weekend by finishing ninth in his first heat on Friday night, followed by a seventh in the second qualifier on Saturday.

Starting 21st for Sunday’s feature, Wilson avoided the first lap incident in turn one to gain a pair of positions. Restarting inside the top-20, he’d remain there through the early laps, continuing to avoid various spins by competitors. His perseverance would pay off as he’d make his way up to 15th by the halfway mark of the feature. He then missed some incidents in the final 10 laps despite not having power steering at the time, to cross the finish line in 15th.

With consistency throughout the 2018 campaign, Wally Wilson was able to cap off the 2018 OSCAAR Modified season ranked 10th in the final points standing.

Wilson’s efforts are supported by The Fyre Place & Patio Shop, Have1.com, Larry’s Small Engines, and Wix Filters. Wally Wilson Racing is a proud supporter of #BurnOutTheBully and Laps for Muscular Dystrophy..

Keep up with Wally Wilson by liking his facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Wally-Wilson-Racing-443805665798939/?fref=ts, while following on twitter at https://twitter.com/WallyWilson_69.

Press Release by Ashley McCubbin – AM Marketing – ashleymccubbin17@gmail.com
Riddell and Hawn Split Features, as Hawn Crowned Pro Sprint Champion

The theme of Jaden Riddell and Daniel Hawn splitting features continued at the Autumn Colours Classic, as each of them scored a win each at Peterborough Speedway.

Bill Hetherton started the first feature on pole ahead of Kevin Taylor, Rob Summers, Shawn Stanley, Ryan Battilana, James Stanley, Jaden Riddell, and Daniel Hawn.

Kevin Taylor grabbed the early advantage on Lap 1 ahead of Norman Newman, with Riddell alongside Summers for third. Norman Newman jumped out to the lead two laps later, with Riddell on toe ahead of Taylor and Summers, as Hawn got alongside Battliana for fifth. Jaden Riddell would take the lead on Lap 4 ahead of Newman and Taylor, with Hawn passing Taylor a lap later.

Summers would get alongside Taylor for fourth on Lap 6, taking the spot a lap later, bringing Battilana and James Stanley through with him. Taylor now ran seventh ahead of Shawn Stanley, Triska, and Hetherton. The shuffling continued, with both Battilana and James Stanley getting by Summers on Lap 9.

Jaden Riddell would take the checkered flag, with Daniel Hawn getting second after passing Norman Newman just past halfway. Ryan Battilana finished fourth, followed by James Stanley, Rob Summers, Shawn Stanley, Kevin Taylor, Gary Triska, and Bill Hetherton.

For the second feature, Norman Newman started pole ahead of Daniel Hawn, Ryan Battilana, James Stanley, Rob Summers, Shawn Stanley, Gary Triska, Bill Hetherton, and Tyler Cullen.

Daniel Hawn jumped out to the early lead on Lap 1 ahead of Battilana and Newman, but the caution came out a lap later for Riddell spinning in turn four. As the yellow flag came out, Newman would do a 360 spin in turn two. With 19 laps to go, Hawn led Battilana, Newman, James Stanley, Summers, Triska, Shawn Stanley, Hetherton, and Riddell.

Hawn got a good restart ahead of Battilana, Newman and James Stanley, with Riddell alongside Triska for fifth. Riddell got the spot, followed by passing Stanley on Lap 5 to move into fourth. Triska ran sixth ahead of Summers, Shawn Stanley, and Hetherton. Riddell continued to move forward, taking the third spot from Newman on Lap 7, with Summers passing Triska for sixth a lap later.

Riddell was able to track down Battilana for second, taking the spot with eight laps to go, while James Stanley passed Newman for fourth with five laps to go.

Daniel Hawn scored the win ahead of Jaden Riddell, Ryan Battilana, James Stanley, Norman Newman, Rob Summers, Gary Triska, Shawn Stanley, Bill Hetherton, and Tyler Cullen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

HTML ezBlock

site
stats