Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Pyle and Miller Team Up for Partial JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Schedule in 2018  (Read 1126 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Pyle and Miller Team Up for Partial JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Schedule in 2018

Salem, IN (March 9, 2018) – Former ASA National Touring Series competitor Robbie Pyle and Columbus area businessman Jeff Miller, owner of JVM Racing, will partner up to run a partial schedule with the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Presented by Chevrolet Performance for the upcoming 2018 season. The duo has raced together in the past in the ASA National Tour, plus events with the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour and ARCA/CRA Super Series.

“I’m pretty excited to have Robbie back behind the wheel,” remarked Miller. “He has earned the respect of the entire short track racing world as being one of the smoothest, most consistent, and well liked drivers ever. Our relationship started when Robbie would ride his bicycle over to my shop to letter my racecars and progressed to when I hired him to drive for me full-time in 2000 on the ASA National Tour. We will start racing the end of April or May and plan on getting to victory lane again!”

Pyle, originally from Columbus, Ohio, cut his teeth racing on the quarter mile oval of Columbus Motor Speedway. The sun of local legend and Dale Pyle, then moved up to compete with several touring series including the ASA National Tour were he won four times over his five full-time seasons with the tour and finished a high of third place in Championship points in 2003. Pyle also won an event in the ARCA Racing Series at Kil-Kare Raceway, got three wins with the ASA Late Model Series, two wins with the ASA Late Model Challenge Series and a ARCA/CRA Super Series win at Columbus Motor Speedway in 2007. Pyle last raced with Miller and CRA at the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour event at Columbus Motor Speedway in 2013 were he finished 20th after being involved in an accident after having to pit while running second when his window net came down. Pyle was the second fast qualifier to eventual winner Chad Finley and led the first lap of the race before Finley took the lead for good. Racing had taken a back seat for Pyle the past several years while being a successful businessman in the Chicago, Illinois area.

“I really excited about getting back with Jeff and doing some racing,’ remarked Pyle. “It’s come full circle, I raced first for a hobby, then made a living racing, then had to get a real job and now I’m at a point where I can come back and race again as a hobby and enjoy it. I have to get back into ‘racing shape’ and do some homework on how much the technology of racing has changed, but it still comes down to experience, we have plenty of that, so I’m confident we will be competitive. It will be cool for my five year old to actually see me race live, not just on tape!”

The team will compete in a partial JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour schedule that will include the June 8th $11,000 to win Masters of the Pro’s 200 at Birch Run Speedway. The team will also compete in both the ARCA/CRA Super Series and JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour events at Kil-Kare Raceway, the closest track to the JVM Racing shop. A more complete schedule for the team will be announced closer to the beginning of the season. As always the team will use a Howe Racing Chassis with support from Jason Dietsch Trailer Sales, Nelson Kohman, Sizzle Marine, Agroscapes, Your Custom Graphics, and McGunegill Engine Performance.

The JVM Racing team has competed in partial schedules with both the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour and ARCA/CRA Super Series for several seasons, with several different drivers, including Travis Eddy, who won a JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour event at Owosso Speedway in 2016.

Additional information on all the CRA Series can be found at www.cra-racing.com.

Glenn Luckett
Champion Racing Association
Office: (812) 883-0455
Cell: (812) 528-1622
www.cra-racing.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25885.msg118452#msg118452
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats