Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: NCATS RULES 2010...???  (Read 4022 times)

Offline LMS-QUEBEC

• Team Owner
    • http://www.racingspectator.ca
NCATS RULES 2010...???
« on: October 01, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »
What will happen with NCATS in the near future...???

In fall 2006, when NASCAR bought CASCAR, they dropped the Sportsmen Racing Division and WESTERN SERIES (CASCAR WEST SERIES).

Rumored that NASCAR supposed to change NCATS technical rules to have same rules with all NASCAR REGIONAL TOURING & INTERNATIONAL SERIES (Camping World East & West, Canadian Tires Series, Corona Mexico Series, etc.).

But, still 2009, racecar chassis only had few modification from 2006’s CASCAR Rules. Maybe nearest NASCAR CAMPING WORLD, but still different, specially with wheelbase and bodies.

I know that CAMPING WORLD and NCATS used same SPEC ENGINE, but not the same Carb and Restrictor plate.

When NASCAR will have unified Rules for all of their REGIONAL TOURING & INTERNATIONAL SERIES...???

---

Now, talking about NASCAR CANADIAN TIRES SERIES events and Schedules.

Like lots of peoples, i consider that NCATS shall back like in 2006 and before, when CASCAR had EASTERN and WESTERN RACING DIVISION, or like NASCAR CAMPING WORLD SERIES, also with EAST and WEST Division.

About 12-15 race-events in Ontario, Québec, New-Brunswick, Nova-Scotia and/or Prince-Edward-Island. No more than 2 road-race event. Pretty all racetracks in Québec Province are OK to receive NCATS race-events (SANAIR SuperSpeedway, Riverside Speedway Ste-Croix, Montmagny, Vallée-Jonction, etc.). Some nice tracks in Maritime Provinces (Speedway660, Shediac, Antigonish, etc.), and lots of racetracks in Ontario.

About 11-12 race-events in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British-Columbia. No more than 2 road-race event. It has enough good racetracks into thoses provinces to have a complete schedule. Gimli (Manitoba) for road-race, Saskatoon, Regina, Edmonton, Calgary, Medecine Hat, Sun Valley, Terrace, etc.

Maybe, 2-3 combined events with Eastern and Western NCATS Racing Division like NASCAR CAMPING WORLD do at IOWA Speedway, included into each schedules.

Still like NASCAR CAMPING WORLD SERIES, i think that main-events of 150-200 racelaps for “Short-Tracks” from 1/4 to 1/2-mile should be OK, and 100-125 racelaps for “Speedways” more than 5/8-mile but less than 1-mile.

By this way, it will help to have better car-count because of less traveling and less expansive budgets (Less tires, gaz, frameworks, shocks needed, brakes, etc.).

---

I think it’s more than time for NCATS to have same rules than NASCAR CAMPING WORLD, with a really short transition period (One-two season) from old cascar frame at 108 inches wheelbase to newer NASCAR CAMPING WORLD chassis at 105 inches wheelbase, in NCATS-East. For NCATS-West, should go directly to same rules than NASCAR CAMPING WORLD SERIES. Frame and Roll-Cage, suspensions components, Shock&Spring, engine rules, etc.

Also, since i discovered Stock-Car Racing and CASCAR Racing Division (CASCAR Late-Model, CASCAR-Sportsmen), i disliked CASCAR Bodies and specially this stupid intregrated spoiler at the end of the trunk. Cars look fat with these bodies and cheap with these stupid spoiler.

Performance Fiberglass Products (Stock-Car Bodies Builder and Supplier for CASCAR, NCATS, OSS, WEST, etc.) now build a new fiberglass body for Sportsmen Racing Division at Autodrome St-Eustache. This new body looks really better than NCATS bodies.

But, the Best move shall be that Performance Fiberglass Products develop and build  new bodies under NASCAR CAMPING WORLD Template and measurement, with a real steel or aluminium spoiler at the end of the trunk, like any others professionnal Stock-Car Series. I'm sure mister Novotny and his employees could do a really nice job.

---

Also, i really don’t understand why NASCAR-Canada accept pretty anybody without any real experience in Stock-Car Racing.

Dexter Stacey, Derek White, Patrice Brisebois, Alan Labrosse, Joey Hanssen, Miguel Duhamel, Richard Durivage, Michel Disdier and many others that don’t have any Stock-Car background and/or any serious experience in auto-racing to be competitive in Stock-Car auto-racing.

Why, like all others NASCAR RACING DIVISION, NASCAR-Canada (NCATS) doesn’t have any serious criterias to accept or refuse drivers...??? In 2006-2007, NASCAR BUSCH EAST SERIES refused Richard Durivage because he didn’t have any racing experience, but CASCAR SUPER SERIES/NASCAR CANADIAN TIRES SERIES accepted him...

I know that NCATS (NASCAR-Canada) need racecars to have a decent field, but please don’t accept anybody without a proof of their skill to race into these NCATS, even on short-track or road-race.

If NCATS (NASCAR-Canada) reduce traveling and race-laps events, they will drop expanse for raceteams and have better field.

REGARDS.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10670.msg74788#msg74788

CanadianRacingOnline.com

NCATS RULES 2010...???
« on: October 01, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »

Offline mike32

• Series Owner
  • Last of the Time Lords
Re: NCATS RULES 2010...???
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »
agree with a lot of your points. I think there are a number of Busch North orphans in New England who could have been accomodated under a rules change to the NCATS specs to conform with a more American style car, for lack of a better word. Would have made for larger fields in the east anyway.
 Series will miss long time supporteers like the retiring Dave Whitlock who also supplied cars for some of the one time ringers. Wonder also if Mark Dilley's involvement with Sunset Speedway's rebuild with limit his participation.
 I see the frustration with drivers entering the series with little experience but lots of $$$$

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10670.msg74793#msg74793

Offline burbiotch

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
IMO, the Nationwide Series move to a COT template in 2011 is a perfect opportunity to change the rules packages over for NCATS. Nationwide teams will be fire selling cars that are no good to them, and NCATS teams could pick up good equipment for pennies on the dollar.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10670.msg74808#msg74808

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »

Offline Wernham

• Car Owner
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 12:03:10 AM »
How long do you figure it is before the camping world east / west move towards COT spec?  Long term picture I would think NCATS would be going that direction if any.  But be careful of what you wish.  Talk of going to a same brakes?  You could outfit half the field for brakes for what it costs for one caliper on  a cup car.  I don't think we want to go that way.  The same deal with the shocks! 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10670.msg74811#msg74811

Offline LMS-QUEBEC

• Team Owner
    • http://www.racingspectator.ca
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 04:35:21 PM »
How long do you figure it is before the camping world east / west move towards COT spec?  Long term picture I would think NCATS would be going that direction if any.  But be careful of what you wish.  Talk of going to a same brakes?  You could outfit half the field for brakes for what it costs for one caliper on  a cup car.  I don't think we want to go that way.  The same deal with the shocks! 

ACT Late-Model used KONI Racing shock at 150-200$. A step better than AFCO at 125$ used into NCATS.

Lots of other Local Racing division used better racing shock than NCATS.

Don't need to used same brakes and Shock than NASCAR CUP, but NCATS should move to better parts than actual Stock-EOM.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10670.msg77038#msg77038

HTML ezBlock

site
stats