Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Happy Race Season - To all Delaware Fans, Staff, Drivers and Crews  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
Well, the race season is nearly upon us.

In 2 nights time, The fans will pull out those old comfy lawn chairs and blankets, seek out their favored spot on the hill, and get reacqainted with bleacher mates they haven't seen since last September. The safety crews will be loaded up, aware and prepared. The announcers, pipes warmed up and ready, will lean over their mics and start spinning their magic.  Burgers will be grilling. Popcorn will be popping. And the air will be alive with that unique racetrack smell...one part fries-n-vinegar, one part fresh mowed grass, and one part burnt rubber. The drivers will strap on their buckets, tighten their belts, flip those ignition switches, and the countryside to the west of London will rumble to life once again.

After a long winter, its time for Friday night at Delaware.

Its going to be an awesome year. I can feel it in my bones. The winds of change are blowing, and this time they're blowing the right way. The track is being upgraded. The owner is on board. (Arlen Scherba is my new hero.) Management is sound. NASCAR is finally coming back to Delaware, and it looks like the fields are going to be more stellar than they ever have.

Questions abound. Could it be the year Kris Lawrence brings the 28 home with the checkers? The year Wiersma and Clarke kick some old-school butt in the LM division? Can Hooker finally get a win? Could it be the year Paul Fothergill upsets the established balance of power in the Enduro division? And how awesome is it going to be to have the big NASCAR race back home where it belongs? Time will tell all these things, and each one of us comes the table with our own questions....but there's a few things you can be certain of.

We'll see triumph and heartbreak. We'll see thrilling victories, and frightening crashes. We'll feel the swell in our hearts that anyone, fans and competitors alike, get when a guy wins his first feature. The clenched fist and the "YES" when an old timer shows us he can still get er' done. There'll be anger when your best guy gets spun around, and there'll (hopefully not too often) be that awful moment of silence that comes between the sickening crunch of a car heading full bore into the wall, and the moment the announcer catches his breath and says something.

That's racing. That's the allure. If you get it, you get it. If you don't, you won't. You go, not just to be entertained, but to be a part of something bigger. And now its time for the community to come together once more.

I want to take this moment to wish everyone a happy race season.

To the drivers and crews, I wish you the best. I wish you safety, luck, and hopefully victory. Make sure those belts are good, firesuits solid, and those helmets are up to snuff. And help the rookie beside you if you can. I keep coming back because you're all my heroes. Even the guy who comes in last.

To the management and staff: I have faith that we have been, still are, and will be, in good hands. I wish you sunny skies, empty fridges at the end of the night, and many, many full grandstands.

To the Safety Crews: Keep our boys and girls safe...but keep yourselves safe too. Know that many of us up on the hill DO realize the magnitude of your contribution, and we appreciate it greatly.

To my buddies (Richmond Row and everyone involved) What can I say...its gonna be great to see you all again. Hoppyhugs to the ladies and handshakes to the men. (and nachos for FromtheStands...and a megaphone for that Crazylady...and to Jordan "keep your eyes on your fries" Lawrence...well, just somebody feed this kid willya?) 

To the other fans on the hill: I wish you all good times, thrilling races, and great acquaintances. I wish you fond memories, and wonderful times spent on the hill with your families - times your kids will remember when they grow older...and start bringing their kids to the races. But most of all, I wish you a sense of place. I hope that when you walk from your vehicle across the fresh mowed grass and through the main gate, that it feels a little like you're coming home.

I know I will.

Happy race season everyone.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9568.msg66755#msg66755
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 08:42:53 AM by CanadianRacingOnline »
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Offline dodgeguy14

• Series Owner
Hey shadow i was thinking about coming down tonight, how is the weather looking for this evening? also, anyone from the barrie area looking to go tonight, pm me, copilots are welcome!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9568.msg66767#msg66767

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
Heya Dodgeguy. Looks like it could go either way right now. Sunny skies right now as of 10am, but there's clouds in the air too.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9568.msg66768#msg66768

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
Um.....about all that stuff I wrote above?

I meant NEXT week.

*sigh*

stupid rain  ::)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9568.msg66787#msg66787

HTML ezBlock

site
stats