Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: 22 RACING HEADS TO GRAND PRIX TROIS RIVIERES FOR PREMIER EVENT  (Read 798 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
22 RACING HEADS TO GRAND PRIX TROIS RIVIERES FOR PREMIER EVENT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Milverton, ON, Wed. Aug. 8, 2018, :  There is no doubt that this weekends Grand Prix de Trois Rivieres is one of the premier events on the NASCAR Pinty’s Series schedule in 2018 and that many drivers look to stroke a win here off their bucket lists.

Event number eight of the thirteen race series goes this weekend in Trois Rivieres Quebec and all three 22 Racing drivers are looking for good finishes to solidify and move them up in the championship standings where currently Marc-Antoine Camirand leads the way for 22 Racing in 3rd place, with Alex Tagliani in 4th and Donald Theetge in 8th.

Alex Tagliani in the #18 EpiPen/Rona/St. Huberts Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is the defending race winner of this event with the 2017 victory.  In eight starts at the famed 1.53-mile, 11 turn temporary street course Tagliani has posted 2 poles, 4 top 5’s and one win.

“I am really excited to go to Trois Rivieres,” said Tagliani.  “It is an iconic track in the world of motorsports in the province of Quebec and it has helped make some careers and for me it is a very special place.  I have always wanted to race there no matter if I was racing in a different series.  I would always look at the schedule to see if I could go and try to rent a ride and get funding.  Winning last year was very special as I wanted to win in NASCAR as I have won in everything else I have raced in on that track. I have started on front row many times and came close but last year winning the race finally I felt that when I did it something on may bucket list is done.  I don’t know why, but I want to defend this title even more than winning the race and I know that defending can be almost harder.  I know I have a good car from 22 Racing, so our hopes are high.”

Marc-Antoine Camirand driver of the #22 GM Paille Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 considers this his home track and he is the all-time winningest driver on this Grand Prix track with 14 wins and 23 podium finishes over several different racing disciplines.  In the NASCAR Pinty’s Series Camirand is coming off a 3rd place podium finish in 2017 and in five previous starts has one pole, and one top 5 finish.

“The Grand Prix de Trois Rivieres is the biggest race of the year for me and my sponsor GM Paille as it is near our hometowns,” said Camirand.  “I love this track where I have had so much success in all types of cars.  It is an honor to be credited with the most wins here of any driver in the 49-year history of the track.  I am really looking forward to the tough battles for the win this weekend.”

Donald Theetge driver of the #24 Mercedes-Benz St Nicolas/Circuit Acura Camaro ZL1 is hoping to get the momentum back after notching his first NASCAR Pintys Series win in the first of two 125 lap duels at Wyant Group Raceway in Saskatoon followed by a disappointing DNF at Edmonton after running in the top 5 for much of the race.  Theetge has one previous start on the challenging course with a 33rd place finish.

“We are going to focus really hard on a good finish here this weekend,” said Theetge.  “We will work hard as we lost some points in Edmonton so hopefully we can make some of those back here.  I know the competition is going to be really strong with these good road racing guys, but I have great equipment so that should help a lot this weekend.”

Practice and qualifying take place on Saturday August 11th at 12:30 p.m. and 5;15 p.m. respectively and the Le 50 Tours Can Am will take place on Sunday at 2:18 p.m. For more event information please visit www.gp3r.com

For more information on the NASCAR Pinty’s Series please visit www.nascarpintysseries.com

Follow the 22 Racing Team on social media for behind the scenes updates on; Twitter @22RacingTeam, Facebook Fan Page 22racingteam and Instagram 22racingteam 

About 22 Racing: 
22 Racing is owned by 4X NASCAR Pinty’s Series Champion Scott Steckly and is based out of Milverton Ontario in a new (2014) 7,500 square foot race shop. In 2018 they field three full time teams in the NASCAR Pinty’s Series with drivers Alex Tagliani, Marc-Antoine Camirand and Donald Theetge.  They have prepared and entered cars for drivers such as Christopher Bell, Jacques Villeneuve, James Buescher, Jeb Burton, Kaz Grala, L.P. Dumoulin, Max Papis and many others.  22 Racing provides turnkey solutions for drivers looking to compete in the NASCAR Pinty’s Series. The 22 Racing Team is supported by the following sponsors:  Erb Group of Companies, AW Millwrights, Engineered Components Company, Castrol, Wendell Motors, Auto Glym, Mechanix Wear, Great Dane Glasvan, Safety Kleen, Wilride Transport, Lincoln Electric, Permatex & Dickies. For more team information please visit our website at www.22racing.ca

For more information please contact:
Linda Jones
(705) 730-4044
ljones@drivenmi.ca

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26421.msg118988#msg118988
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats