Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: The NASCAR Pinty's Fall Brawl Looks to Be Just That  (Read 1328 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
The NASCAR Pinty's Fall Brawl Looks to Be Just That
« on: September 25, 2018, 07:34:02 AM »

By Dan Cabral

HAGERSVILLE, ON – Jukasa Motor Speedway will continue its year of ‘firsts’ on Saturday, September 29th – with the 2018 edition of its Pinty's Fall Brawl weekend. The two-division spectacular will feature the first ever appearance by the talent-laden Limited Late Model division in a 50-lap Invitational as well as the championship finale for Canada’s National Touring Series – the NASCAR Pinty’s Series.

“I’ve said all along that our purpose for this facility is to give the fans what they want,” says Jukasa Motor Speedway General Manager Alex Nagy. “We’ve had fans and competitors alike asking for a big Ltd. Late Model race since we first re-opened. So, we knew that we had to put something like this together. We’ve had calls and messages coming in from teams all over the province – and I’m positive that our fans are going to be very, very happy with the field that turns out for this event”

One of the first teams to file entry for the event was three time Sunset Speedway champion Gord Shepherd – as they ready themselves for a Jukasa Motor Speedway debut in a Limited late model, Shepherd says he is looking forward to a very fast and fun race against top contenders.

“I think it’s pretty easy to make the argument that this race is going to be ‘the big one’ for Limited Late Models this year,” offers Shepherd. “Jukasa itself is a huge challenge, but then you throw in the level of talent that we’re all expecting to show up and you have a pretty solid ‘Race of the Year’ candidate.”

The main event of the Pinty's "Fall Brawl" is the series finale for the NASCAR Pinty's series, just coming off their first trip to the United States racing at New Hampshire.

Kevin Lacroix took the checkered flag for his 10th career win, and will look to use his positive momentum heading into Jukasa Motor Speedway this weekend. 

The Championship is shaping up to be a two-horse battle between L.P Dumoulin who has a 4-point lead over Alex Tagliani. Hard charger Cole Powell and veteran D.J Kennington both will be gunning to finish the season off with a trip to Jukasa Motor Speedway victory lane on Saturday and be there to capitalize if Dumoulin or Tagliani have issues.

The current points leader L.P. Dumoulin is looking forward to getting back to Jukasa for the series finale.

"We're really looking forward to getting back to Jukasa, Says Dumoulin- I am very comfortable at this speedway and always have a fast car." 

The man only four points behind Dumoulin is Alex Tagliani who finished 3rd at JMS in the series first stop here this season. 

"I'm really, really excited to have our championship finale at JMS, it's by far the best track on the tour."

"I don't take anything for granted and I’m not going to just focus on the point standings, we finished 3rd last time there and I am looking to improve on that and let the points short themselves out after the 200 laps are completed."

Gates open at Noon, qualifying at 4 pm and racing begins at 5:30 pm. Be sure to stay for the post-race fireworks display. Go to Jukasamotorspeedway.com for ticket and event information.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26664.msg119231#msg119231
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: September 25, 2018, 07:34:02 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats