Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Rick Spencer-Walt Set For Jam-Packed, Action-Filled Season of Racing  (Read 1053 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Rick Spencer-Walt Set For Jam-Packed, Action-Filled Season of Racing

Following a successful season, Spencer-Walt Motorsports is only looking upwards from here.

“Thoughts going into 2018 are we just want to keep our momentum going,” Rick Spencer-Walt said. “2017 was an awesome year for our team and we will only get better.”

The team plans to be at Sunset Speedway on a weekly basis, chasing the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Division I Sauble Falls Tent and Trailer Park Late Model Championship, following a third in last year’s standings. On top of that, they have also committed to competing in the new six-race Great Lakes Concrete Series between Sunset and Sauble Speedway.

“The GLC series will be an amazing show travelling back and forth to Sauble,” Spencer-Walt said. “As for our biggest competition may surprise you! Hopefully Andrew Gresel can come out and play; Jason Parker, Tom Gibbons, Dwayne Baker, the Hallyburtons - the competition will be stacked and that’s what we want!”

As previously confirmed, the team will be partaking in as many APC Auto Parts United Late Models of Ontario Tour events as possible after purchasing a car from Dwayne Baker at the beginning of the off-season.

Last season, Spencer-Walt put together an impressive campaign across the board. On a weekly basis at Sunset, he scored five feature wins and 21 top-fives en route to the year-end third ranking, to go along with a top-10 in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Division I standings.

But their biggest success came on the largest stages. They won the Spring Velocity at Sunset Speedway, Chase for the Colours at Peterborough Speedway, led over half the laps at Sauble Speedway’s Battle of the Beach en route to finishing sixth, and placed fifth at the Velocity 250. He then caped the season off in style, leading flag-to-flag to win the Autumn Colours Classic feature.

“We have added to our team from 2017 and I believe with the help and support I receive from friends, family, and my wife and kids, plus the already amazing crew I have, we are ready to go win some more races,” Spencer-Walt added.

With commitment on all different fronts, the late model division seems to be thieving well right now, something that everybody hopes continues.

“I think that right now we are at a crossroad much like boating, snowmobiling,” Spencer-Walt said of the state of the late models right now. “It’s becoming a rich man sport with chassis guys, and shock guys. So I think if we aren’t careful, we will lose the counts because people just are not willing to spend their mortgage money to go racing!

“There’s a lot of people involved with making these series go this year, and I wish them all the best and will support every show we can like past years because these guys put the work in to give us somewhere to race and some money to run for! Great job to all the tracks and series directors; let’s make 2018 the best! Get some more fans and families back in the stands, and us drivers will give you a hell of a show...”

Marketing partners will be revealed as we close on closer to the 2018 race season.

Keep up with Rick Spencer-Walt and Spencer-Walt Motorsports by liking their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walt-Motorsports/524817640964689?fref=ts and following Rick Spencer-Walt on twitter at https://twitter.com/Rwalt31.

Press Release by Ashley McCubbin/AM Marketing – ashleymccubbin17@gmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25760.msg118327#msg118327
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats