Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Race Report for Aug. 22  (Read 1713 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Race Report for Aug. 22
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:06:35 PM »

For the second week in a row, Louis Clements made a late-race pass of one of the Vanderiviere brothers to get to Victory Lane.
Saturday’s win, however, wasn’t quite as dramatic as the previous week when he beat Eren Vanderiviere by a bumper at the finish line.
This Saturday, it was Eric Vanderiviere who Clements chased down for this third straight and fourth feature win of the season.
Vanderiviere, who won the May 30 feature, led from the drop of the green and was a half-track ahead of the pack at one point.
Clements, who started in the sixth row, moved into third on lap five and needed another five laps to get pass Kingsville’s Rob Young for second.
“When I got into second, I thought, ‘man, he’s a long ways up there,’” he said of Vanderiviere.
Clements got a break when the only caution in the race came out on lap.
After the restart, Clements made the pass of Vanderiviere coming out of turn four and easily pulled away to extend his perfect August.
“I could tell I was slowly catching him, but I might have run out of laps … I don’t know,” Clements said of his chase of Vanderiviere. “But then the caution came out, and that made things easier.”
On the restart, Clements noticed Vanderiviere pushed up a little in turn one.
“I got myself a little closer going into three and he did the same thing, the car pushed up and he left the whole bottom open,” Clements described the pass for the lead.
The handling of Vanderiviere’s car went away over the final laps as he wound up finishing fifth.
Young – the division sponsor and owner of Sun Parlour Trailers in Windsor – finished second while driving the No. 28M car for Maidstone’s Scott MacKenzie for the night.
Wallaceburg’s Gary Vyse, who went into the night 74 points behind Clements in the points race, came home third, followed by the Vanderiviere boys – Eren and Eric.
 “I don’t know how to explain it,” Clements said of his August winning streak. He also won two out of three features in August last year, ironically finishing second to Eric Vanderiviere on Aug. 23, 2008.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10410.msg72325#msg72325
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Race Report for Aug. 22
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:06:35 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats