Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tyler Hawn Eager To Tackle OSCAAR Season Opener  (Read 747 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tyler Hawn Eager To Tackle OSCAAR Season Opener
« on: May 26, 2017, 01:51:08 PM »

Tyler Hawn’s No.2h Super Late Model will have a slightly different look for the 2017 season when it’s completely finished. (Photo by Hawn Motorsports).   

ORO STATION, Ont. – May 26, 2017 – After a long off-season of hard work, Tyler Hawn is eager to get behind the wheel of his Hawn Motorsports No.2h Super Late Model in OSCAAR Racing’s 2017 season opener at Flamboro Speedway this weekend. Hawn is coming off his most successful campaign to date and believes the time spent over the winter updating his primary ride will help the team take another step forward this season.

“Hopefully the changes we’ve made, the issues we found and fixed resolve the problems we had. We want to have fun and have a good day with smiles on our face,” Hawn said going into the May 27 season opener.

It was a busy winter in the Hawn Motorsports shop. In addition to the team’s Super Late Model entry, Hawn and his team also built a car for the OSCAAR Hot Rod Series and overhauled an OSCAAR Pro Midget that his brother Daniel Hawn will pilot this season.

Hawn’s focus remained squarely on his Super Late Model though. After a strong run during OSCAAR events at Flamboro and last year’s Gold Rush at the Hamilton-area track, Hawn is confident entering the new season.

“It’s always nice to win, either a heat or a feature, but a top-five would be nice for the first night,” Hawn said. “We have a good program. We learned a ton last year. My driving confidence is a lot better, so we just have to work like we always have.”

After hundreds of hours of time and effort spent wrenching on the car this winter, Hawn knows his team is capable of elevating their program to the next level this year. The goal is to join Ontario’s Super Late Model elite.

“I always used to say if we could run with the big guys we were doing something right,” Hawn said. “We were there last year, now we need to be the guy others want to run with.”

Outlooks, goals and forecasts aside, Hawn is most looking forward to getting back in the seat and feeling the speed of his Super Late Model.

“It’s unreal,” Hawn said. “I can’t wait to get back into the loud pedal on the Super Late. Those cars are definitely fun.”

Hawn returns to OSCAAR competition this year with Fox’s Bakery of Barrie once again as his primary sponsor and supporter.

“I want to thank Fox’s Bakery and Steve Box,” Hawn said. “I have to thank for him for all of the work he’s done and support he’s given us.”

Hawn would also like to thank Brian MacDonald, Watson’s Garage and TSS Top Shops for their contributions to the team in preparation for the season opener.

While Hawn will be in competition at Flamboro for the Super Late Model season opener, his brother Daniel will be in action at Peterborough Speedway for the first OSCAR Pro Midget event of the new season.

“I want to wish my brother good luck at Peterborough,” Hawn said. “It’s going to be the first time he’s not going to be at my opening race and I’m not going to see his first race. I’m pretty pumped for him and to see what he can do.”

Follow the Hawn Motorsports team all season at the track and on the team’s social media accounts.

SEASON STATS
Tyler Hawn – 0 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 0 Top-10s

TYLER HAWN MEDIA LINKS
Facebook at facebook.com/HawnMotorsports
Twitter: @Hawn42 and @HawnRacing

HAWN MOTORSPORTS MARKETING PARTNERS
Tyler Hawn is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including Fox’s Bakery and Deli, TSS Top Shops, and Watson’s Garage

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24013.msg116579#msg116579
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 26, 2017, 01:51:08 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats