Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: DEAN MCNULTY ANNOUNCED AS GRAND MARSHAL FOR CHEVROLET SILVERADO 250  (Read 1218 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
DEAN MCNULTY ANNOUNCED AS GRAND MARSHAL FOR CHEVROLET SILVERADO 250

(BOWMANVILLE, ON – September 3, 2016) Canadian Tire Motorsport Park is proud to announce that longtime motorsport writer Dean McNulty has been named Grand Marshal for the Chevrolet Silverado 250 on Sunday, September 4.

McNulty started his career in 1979 which continued for the next 37 years. He retired from the Toronto Sun earlier this year after covering the motorsport beat since 1999. The first race that he covered was the Coca-Cola 600 which was the same race that Dale Earnhardt Jr. made his Sprint Cup debut.

“I have always been extremely passionate about motorsports,” McNulty explained. “I love everything about it from top to bottom – the drivers, the teams, series people and the various race tracks. As a journalist, I remained fair and balanced, criticizing and making suggestions when it was warranted.”

“With many years of dedicated journalistic service, Dean has been a passionate supporter of motorsports, not only in Canada but internationally as well,” said CTMP co-owner Ron Fellows. “I am honoured to call Dean a friend and truly appreciate and respect his honesty and integrity. He leaves big shoes to fill in the Canadian motorsports community and we wish him nothing but the very best in his retirement.”

“This is truly an honour for me to be the grand marshal of the Chevrolet Silverado 250,” concluded McNulty. “As a fan of NASCAR and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, this will be an experience that I’ll never forget.”

The Chevrolet Silverado 250, featuring the only Canadian race for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, gets underway on Sunday afternoon at 2:30 am.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23314.msg115877#msg115877
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats