Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cory Turner Pads the Notebook For Canadian Sprint Car Nationals  (Read 1498 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Cory Turner Pads the Notebook For Canadian Sprint Car Nationals

Cory Turner raced his No.97 KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless Sprint Car three times last week at Ohsweken Speedway. (Photo by Dale Calnan/Image Factor Media). 

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – July 28, 2017 – Cory Turner had a busy week of Sprint Car racing with three races in five nights at Ohsweken Speedway. The driver of the KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless No.97 added to his notebook on what was largely a slick racetrack with information that will be valuable for the $12,000-to-win Canadian Sprint Car Nationals in September.

On Friday night during Christmas July and Autograph Night, Turner was able to meet hundreds of fans for autographs and photos on the track at intermission. Despite struggles in his heat race Turner was able to advance from 17th to 11th in the Feature.

“We just needed to be better in the heat race,” said Turner. “We didn’t move forward and we were buried. The car was decent in the Feature, we just didn’t get as many spots as we would have liked, but we were in one piece.”

After taking the weekend off, Turner and his team were back in action for the Northern Summer Nationals at Ohsweken. A tough draw to start the night hurt Turner’s No.97 team as they started at the back of the heat race and finished eighth and then missed transferring to the Feature by one spot against the tough 31-car field.

“When you have Kyle Larson, Danny Lasoski and Parker Price-Miller, you have a pretty stout field,” Turner said. “We had a poor draw, started last in the Heat Race and just didn’t advance then I was buried in the B-Main. In the B I was good. I had a shot at (Ryan) Susice and I showed my nose probably too early and he took my lane away.”

“I figured if we could get in the show we had a car capable of running in the top-10,” Turner added. “That’s Sprint Car racing. Some nights it’s just not your night.”

On Tuesday, the team took on the World of Outlaws Craftsman® Sprint Car Series in the Six Nations Showdown. Another tough draw put Turner as the last car to qualify in the first qualifying flight and forced him to start at the rear of his heat. In the B-Main, he drove from 11th to 7th.

“It’s pretty cool,” Turner said of racing against the Outlaws. “I liked in the Heat Race when I drove around Kraig Kinser. It’s fun going out to time trial by yourself too. It’s the only race that we run all year that’s like it. It’s really good recognition.”

Turner and his Hill’s Racing team were able to gain valuable information for their notes on a Monday track that was similar to the track conditions often experienced at the Canadian Sprint Car Nationals.

“I was really happy with my car in the B-Main,” said Turner. “We went from 11th to 7th and we were half a second behind fifth. We tried a few things that I think are going to be really beneficial come Canadian Sprint Car Nationals time in a month and a half.”

Turner will take this weekend off from racing action before returning to competition the following week on August 4 to take on the Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints. Race time is 7:30pm. For additional event information, visit www.ohswekenspeedway.com.

CORY TURNER SEASON STATS
97 Cory Turner – 18 Starts: 0 Wins, 8 Top-5s, 13 Top-10s

CORY TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/CoryTurnerMotorsports
Twitter: @CTMotorsports_
YouTube: YouTube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Cory Turner Motorsports mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Cory Turner Motorsports” to be added to the list.

CORY’S CREW
Cory Turner is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including KT Tobacco, Insta-Panels, Braemar Building Systems, Silo Wireless, Gale’s Auto Aftermarket, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Six Nations Bingo, Malabar Super Spice, JNE Recovery, V&R Recycling, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Hauser’s Pharmacy, KT Gas & Convenience, The Truck Toppers, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Rondex, Silverdale Gun Club, Barlow Farms, Mike Morris Holdings, Bryan’s Farm Supply, Total Coatings, Hitchman Trailers, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, Top Flight Wings, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, Northern Performance, Charlie Bee Honey, and ImageFactor.ca.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24670.msg117236#msg117236
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats