Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Number One Racing Names Driver for 2018 Scotia Speedworld Season  (Read 1814 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Number One Racing Names Driver for 2018 Scotia Speedworld Season

(BURLINGTON, NS - January 3rd, 2018) - Number One Racing is excited to announce that Megan Parrott will drive the No. 1 Pothier Motors/Bunky’s Hants Insulators Dodge in the Affordable Fuels Scotia Speedworld Sportsman division in 2018. Parrott, a multiple time feature winner in the now defunct Truck division at the 3/10-mile Enfield oval, will race in all Sportsman races at the track and compete for the prestigious Debbie Hallahan Memorial Rookie of the Year Award. The official announcement was made on Tuesday, January 2nd at the Tim’s Corner Motorsports Stock Car Shootout event at Kartbahn Racing in Halifax.

The Number One Racing team ran select races on both the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour and in the Sportsman division in 2017 with Matt Moore of Falmouth as their primary driver. The team scored one feature win at Scotia Speedworld in the Sportsman car with Moore behind the wheel and had two top fives with Noel Road’s Harry Ross White. With Moore stepping away full time from the driver’s seat for the upcoming season, it opened up the seat within the Mitch Blanchard led team.

“I am happy to have Megan a part of our team,” said Blanchard. “We look forward to contending for the Debbie Hallahan Memorial Rookie of the Year honors at Scotia Speedworld in what I think will be a competitive crop of rookie drivers. It will be exciting to see how Megan progresses throughout the year.”

Parrott will enter her ninth full time season at Scotia Speedworld in 2018. A three time Most Popular Driver finalist, she spent her first five seasons in the Hydraulics Plus Bandolero division before moving up to the Scotia Speedworld Truck class in 2015. She won the Rookie of the Year Award in the Truck division in 2015 and finished in the top three in the points standings over the last two seasons with two feature victories. Her racing resume also includes appearances at some of New Brunswick’s biggest race events with starts during Speedway 660’s SpeedWeekend, Petty International Raceway’s Mike Stevens Memorial and the CENTRE For Speed’s Atlantic Championships.

While she also has a handful of starts at the Mini Stock and Legend levels, the season opener in May at Scotia Speedworld will be her first start in a Late Model type racecar.

“I’m very excited to have the opportunity to race a Sportsman car full time,” said Parrott of the upcoming season. “I can’t even begin to explain how thankful and excited I am for the 2018 Scotia Speedworld season. This would not be happening without Mitch and the sponsors of the Number One Racing team and I thank them for this chance. I look forward to chasing the Debbie Hallahan Memorial Rookie of the Year Award when the green flag flies in May.”

The Affordable Fuels Sportsman division at Scotia Speedworld is enjoying a resurgence with a renewed excitement around the 2018 season. In addition to Parrott, the track is expecting a handful of fresh faces to compete for the Debbie Hallahan Memorial Rookie of the Year Award in addition to a number of returning veterans signaling intent to race in the track’s 31st season.

While the Scotia Speedworld schedule has yet to be released, the season traditionally begins on the Victoria Day Weekend in May with the Sportsman division racing in approximately a dozen races over the Summer.

The Number One Racing team is pleased to work with a number of marketing partners. Returning for the 2018 season includes Pothier Motors Chrysler Dodge Ram Fiat, Bunky’s Hants Insulators, Graco Automatic Lubrication Systems, Spencer’s Backhoe and Trucking and Falmouth Farm Market. Fans can follow Number One Racing by liking their Facebook page at Facebook.com/NumberOneRacing.

Number One Racing Team Inquiries:
Mitch Blanchard | mitch-blanchard@hotmail.com

Press Prepared by Tim’s Corner Motorsports
Tim Terry | tim@timscorner.ca | (902) 478-0420

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25670.msg118237#msg118237
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats