Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Jake Hooker Eager To Begin Rookie Super Late Model Campaign  (Read 1471 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Jake Hooker Eager To Begin Rookie Super Late Model Campaign

CHATHAM-KENT, Ont. (May 6, 2016) – After a long and sometimes slow off-season, Jake Hooker is ready to hit full-speed this weekend at South Buxton Raceway. This year, however, the Chatham-Kent teenager will be in a new seat with significantly more power under the hood of his Country View Golf Course/Triple P Farms/Vertec Contractors No.38.

Hooker is moving up to the UMP Super Late Model division at South Buxton from the track’s Sport Stock division for the 2016 season and following in the footsteps of his father, Kirk Hooker, who raced Late Models both on dirt and asphalt.

“I’ve got racing fever. I’ve been drawing a lot of racecars in my notebook lately. I’m excited to move up in to the new class and see my new competitors,” said the 10th grade student at Ursuline College/The Pines in Chatham.

The difference between the two cars is significant. The Super Late Model is a full 400lbs. lighter with nearly 850 horsepower under the hood, compared to the 500hp of his former Sport Stock.

Hooker knows there will be bumps during his transition to the fastest type of stock car on dirt. He has an impressive support group to help him through the adjustment. Jake will lean heavily on advice and support from his father as well as Andrew Rheaume, and crew member Matt Wauthier. Rheaume was the first Canadian to qualify for Eldora Speedway’s prestigious World 100. His mother, Dianne, has also been there to provide support every step of the way.

“Obviously my dad, he’s been there through think and thin. Andrew has been a big help to me through Sport Stock and now in to Late Model. My crew guy Matt Wauthier raced Late Models.”

“He talks to my dad and they figure out the best way to discuss stuff with me. I have good people around me,” Hooker explained in anticipation of Saturday’s season opener.

While the two cars are significantly different, Hooker will still be able to use the experience he gained over his previous two seasons behind the wheel of a full-size stock car.

“The main things I learned in Sport Stock were car control, how to properly pass people and pick-up points for the throttle,” Hooker said. “The pick-up points are going to be different now, but at least I have a starting point. You learn how to be patient.”

The 15-year-old pilot knows he will also have to adapt to new drivers on track with him this season, but has been watching old races to get a feel for the competition. In doing so, Hooker has set expectations for his rookie Super Late Model season.

“I want to win two features this year and five heat races. We don’t want to set anything too big, but it’s something to focus on,” he said.

The team will concentrate its efforts on South Buxton in 2016 with a handful of trips south of the border on Hooker’s radar. Hooker has circled a few dates on his calendar this season, but for now, his focus is on the first green flag.

“I always like the memorial races and the Canadian Fall Shootout, I’m looking forward to that one,” he said. “I’ve mostly been focusing on Opening Night. It’s a big night.”

Keep up with Jake Hooker’s rookie Super Late Model season online by Liking his official Facebook page at Facebook.com/JakeHookerMotorsports and on Twitter by following @Jake_Hooker38.

Jake Hooker’s 2016 UMP Super Late Model season is supported by several dedicated corporate sponsors, including: Country View Golf Course, Triple P Farms, Profota’s Garage, AP Engines, Harris, Vertec Contractors Ltd., Churchill Transport, Steve’s Pizzeria, Waddick Fuels, Ray-Mac Auto Parts, Xtreme Bodies by Hook, RPM Design, Five Star Racecars, Westside, Inside Track Motorsport News, Spira Fire Protection, Chatham Outdoor and Pedal, Leaf Racewear, Drum Chip Inc, and Clayton Johns Media.

Prepared By Clayton Johns Media
claytonjohns@hotmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22476.msg115025#msg115025
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats