Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Call Out to All Race Fans / Teams  (Read 3572 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Call Out to All Race Fans / Teams
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »
CanadianRacingOnline.com has been running since 1999 (Formerly know as CascarOnline).

We have grown every year since we started and though by now that the site would have sponsors all year round but this is not the case.

CanadianRacingOnline.com will soon need its own dedicated server and these cost a lot of money and wanted to start saving for this so CanadianRacingOnline.com could be around for it's 20 year anniversary.

We need to find sponsors or have some type of fund raiser to get funds for the site.

One option is to sell CanadianRacingOnline.com Hats and Shirts but we would need to take advance orders, as last time I ended up with a lot of shirts and hats left over and didn't even pay for the cost of the order.

Any Idea's or help would be greatly appreciated. The Partner offer is still on the table.

We are the #1 Canadian Racing Site that supports the Tracks, Racers/Teams & The Racing Fans.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=12975.msg91809#msg91809
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Call Out to All Race Fans / Teams
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »

Offline Racing Habits

• Series Owner
Re: Call Out to All Race Fans / Teams
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »
With the many teams out there possibly they could take for example $10 to $25 of that sponsorship money submit to CRO who would set up a drawing of free 1 year adds based on X for so many entered. The adds would be the sponsor of the car, possibly also help drivers get new sponsors when they know they have a little extra for next  to nothing as part of the package. Just a thought for CRO  to play with. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=12975.msg91811#msg91811

Offline Racing Habits

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »
With the many teams out there possibly they could take for example $10 to $25 of that sponsorship money submit to CRO who would set up a drawing of free 1 year adds based on X for so many entered. The adds would be the sponsor of the car, possibly also help drivers get new sponsors when they know they have a little extra for next  to nothing as part of the package. Just a thought for CRO  to play with. 
And of course any drawing would have to be of strict integrity.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=12975.msg91812#msg91812

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »

• Administrator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
Sounds good to me.

I would love to be able to give awards and maybe sponsor a car for a race.

I get tons of emails from racers each year asking for CRO to sponsor them and they are surprised when I tell them the site doesn't make money. They though with all the traffic we get we are rolling in dough.

I have been trying to get someone to help sell the ad space on CRO but no takers. I offer a 50/50 split on ad. Best Commission around.

I'm so surprised to see how many Companies will pay a lot of money for a print ads, as the site views out number print ad views.

Also learned that impressions of ads are important to a company as a person may not be ready to buy their products when the ad is seen for the first time but when they are ready to buy you have a great chance of making a sale as they remember you, as they seen the ads many times.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=12975.msg91813#msg91813

Offline Racing Habits

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
I would think if a driver was a winner a year round exposure, would add in a way the short seasons can not do. Draws may be revolving type with winners out of next draw. When the add expires a choice of buy in again or a paid type of deal offered by CRO. All 3 partners could make up some distance with a systemactic program in the offering.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=12975.msg91814#msg91814

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 04:05:57 PM »
I have offered to buy a hat and shirt every time you have put this out there Evan. I still don't have them. My offer still stands. It would be my go to uniform for attending races and shows. I like your new logo and would wear it around and spread the word to anyone that asks. CRO is already an unofficial part of Delaware, with mentions in their weekly program and a direct link to this forum, and Sunset which gives a direct link to this site and classifieds. I don't see links back to tracks from this site. Maybe you should have a sidebar for them. I'm sure you could work a deal out with them to either get your logo on merchandise they already sell or give them a cut of shirt and hat sales at the tracks. Just a suggestion.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=12975.msg91817#msg91817
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:07:37 PM by ernie »

• Administrator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »
Thanks Ernie

I know you want to get a shirt and hat but the problem is I have to do an order 24 to 48 shrits and 24 hats to place an order and last time I ended up not making the money back for the order and ended up giving hats and shirts away at a charity event. I have to pay again for the new art work and setup fee with the new logo again.

I would need the money up front this time to be able to do the order again and people just don't want to do this.

As for the links Mark & I are doing things and there will be more chats on here from Mark and Sunset Speedway, As for Delaware we support them by giving them a separate forum with a logo on the site and they have their own moderator for their forum. This was something a Huge race fan ShadowRacer worked out with them as this is his home track.

The link to the forum to the classifieds is something all tracks should do as this helps out the entire racing community asnd not just their tracks racers, as most site have a small section for the classifieds and only people from that track really see the classifieds ads.

What I wanted to do was get a localized place where all racers go to see what is for Sale & Wanted and this is what I did and it's working well, as people on CRO still see the latest listings so you are getting exposure from our racing site as well as other places we use.

It's free to the racers to use for personal sales. The racers are in control of their ads which they didn't have this option at the track level for most sites. So they can change prices mark it as rented or sold.

I'm hoping that the classifieds site gets some commercial sponsors, as they can get banner ads on the classifieds or they can sell commercially for a small fee.

The biggest problem is one person can't do it all and that is what you have here. I'm the only one here. Shadow is a moderator and his help is a big help as I can't read all the posts on here. I used to have 3 mods but it's not an easy job to be a part of the forum and be a moderator.

I would love to have exclusive CRO releases that are done for us. Like driver interviews and photo's but people just don't want to do it here or they want to be paid and we just don't have funds. I have always offered that I can get them into the track for free under our site name in exchange for photo's or press releases but no takers.

Sorta stuck here.

People have offered to buy the site but I have decided I have to be a part of the site, as I have put in 10 years into this and it's not going to be another project I leave and a few years down the road it's a huge success and I say shit I should have stuck it out and I have done this a few times during my life and this isn't going to be another one of these.

The offers I have gotten so far to be honest are a joke, The potential of this site to make it is there and I have been told this many times but back to the problem one person can't do it all and people don't want to work for free to help you get there.

I have offered to buy a hat and shirt every time you have put this out there Evan. I still don't have them. My offer still stands. It would be my go to uniform for attending races and shows. I like your new logo and would wear it around and spread the word to anyone that asks. CRO is already an unofficial part of Delaware, with mentions in their weekly program and a direct link to this forum, and Sunset which gives a direct link to this site and classifieds. I don't see links back to tracks from this site. Maybe you should have a sidebar for them. I'm sure you could work a deal out with them to either get your logo on merchandise they already sell or give them a cut of shirt and hat sales at the tracks. Just a suggestion.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=12975.msg91820#msg91820

HTML ezBlock

site
stats