Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: The Heart of Racing is Ready for Canada  (Read 1347 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
The Heart of Racing is Ready for Canada
« on: July 07, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »

TAVARES, Fla. (July 6, 2016) - Mario Farnbacher (Germany) and Alex Riberas (Spain) are ready for round six of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix to run at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP) this weekend, July 8-10.

The Heart of Racing Porsche team is coming off a podium finish of third just three days ago at Watkins Glen International. The duo of Farnbacher and Riberas both like the challenging layout of the historic 2.4-mile, 10-turn undulating CTMP natural terrain road course located northwest of Toronto. The Heart of Racing boys are second in the GTD driver standings with 149, just 13 out of the top spot.

"The Heart of Racing Porsche really liked the fast corners at Watkins Glen last weekend," Farnbacher said. "I think that the layout of CTMP should suit us as well. The only problem at the moment is our top speed. The Audi, Lamborghini and Ferrari will be really fast down that long straight. I am looking forward to fighting for another podium finish this weekend in Canada."

Riberas is, once again, learning a new track.

"I think CTMP is definitely a track that will suit our Porsche 911 GT3 R by the way it looks on the videos," Riberas said. "We felt strong at every single track we have been to so far and I don't see a reason this one will be different. We made a few steps forward at Watkins Glen, every race we learn more about this 911 and we will use them at CTMP for sure. The aim is to always keep moving forward. Doing my homework on the track, I see it's a very pure race track with lots of fast corners. It reminds me a bit of Zandvoort (Netherlands). But, until I get out there in The Heart of Racing machine I won't be able to know exactly how it feels."

"We sent Alex north from Watkins Glen with some homework," Alex Job, team owner, said. "He is learning these circuits on the fly and is adapting very quickly. Mario is a big help as he has been to CTMP before and the team has a lot of data as well. The balance of performance maybe a little against us at the moment, but as long as we keep getting up on the podium we will be factor for the championship."

The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship will travel to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park for the Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix, July 8-10. The race will be broadcast on FoxSports 1, Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET. Qualifying can be viewed via livestream at IMSA.tv.

The Heart of Racing
Founded in 1996, by Don and Donna Kitch, Team Seattle and The Heart of Racing is a group of sports car road racing fans, drivers, and corporate partners making a difference in our community by combining two passions: A love of motorsports and a commitment to Seattle Children's Hospital and pediatric cardiac health care nationally. The team uses the promotion and exposure of the racing program to fund raise and increase awareness of the financial needs for quality pediatric medical care. Since inception, Team Seattle has generated over $5.5 million for their cause. The Heart of Racing accepts donations and pledges for Seattle Children's Hospital at teamseattle.com.

Alex Job Racing
Alex Job Racing is one of the most successful teams in sports car racing with 70 wins (since 1995); including two Rolex 24 GT Class wins in 1999 and 2013. This record is supported by 48 pole positions and 106 podium finishes.  The team has won five championships (GTC 2013, 2012, GT in 2004, 2003 and 2002) complimented by their two GT class wins at Le Mans. The team also boasts ten Sebring 12-hour wins.

IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GTD (GT Daytona) Class is made up of some the world's most sophisticated cars, including the Porsche 911 GT3 R, Ferrari 488 GTB, Lamborghini Huracan, Aston Martin DB9, BMW M6, Viper SRT and Audi R8 LMS. All GTD Class cars run on the spec Continental tire.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22923.msg115485#msg115485
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: July 07, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats