Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Kawartha Results-August-22nd  (Read 4253 times)

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
Kawartha Results-August-22nd
« on: August 23, 2008, 12:09:55 AM »
Finnaly got back to racing at KD...after a month of silence on the track.

Thunder Cars:

Feature was won by Wille Rynes...not much to report fairly "dull" race...for what is normally a very exciting race

First Heat was crazy at the finish though...I cound't see it fully but it looked like Sinopoli was comming on the outside and Remington just didn't wanna give up his heat win and put them both into the outside wall..as they came across the line stuck together smashed into the wall...and they grinded to a hult into turn-1.

Sombody needs to get Jeff Remington off the track...he is just a weapon out there, I understand a bit more tonight...trying to block to get your first win...but regardless...it was just a heat race.  Again though...the "green monster" was kinda in the way so I didn't see it fully.

Legends: Won by 34..big field of cars..I think 25 or so...clean & green feature.

Mini Stock: Won by Jason Juriga, solid race...Jason dominated...only one incident as the #4 of Swindells took a hit into the turn-3 wall  the #66 super fast Neon of Mike Smith was also there...as he contiunes his tour of some other tracks....unfortinaily he got caught up in a mess in the Semi feature...that caused some heavy damage as the whole rear end of the car was shifted off to the side.

LLM: Vic Parsons

A GREAT Race....with under 5 laps to go...Parsons had the lead... and behind him Walters/Graham/Delisle were having a great battle..as all 3 cars were under a blanket...and Brown was not far behind...the yellow came out setting up a G/W/C  Parsons got a great re-start pulling ahead Walters tryed everything got into him going into 3 but cound't get by as Vic went on to take the Win.

LM: Dan McHattie

What a RACE!.... was a bit messy with a lot of yellows and such but what an exciting race.

The Race for the lead heated up with under 10 to go...as Watson bumped into McHattie and got under him..and what a battle..for a couple of laps they were side-ways..banging and bouncing off each other..... and they both got loose out of 2...Mayhew stuck his nose in there and all 3 cars were banging off each other.... nobody wrecked somehow!   There was a re-start with a few laps to go..and Watson could not keep up on the outside an McHattie pulled away...but on the 2nd last lap... Smith spun in turn-2 and stalled....in the MIDDLE OF THE TRACK..... as the leaders took the white....he was just got it re-fired...some reason the track never threw the yellow..and Smith got going..JUST IN TIME...but not enough time to still not cause problems..as the leaders all started to slow down and everyone just looked kinda confused on weather to slow down or not....and ultimately caused a preety nasty wreck...as Kimmerly slowed down and Mayhew littely DROVE UNDER HIM...and launched both cars into a wild spin...McHattie held onto the win though..and Watson held onto 2nd..but this could have turned out BAD..if Smith didn't get going

19 LM's took to the track tonight including Pete Shepherd.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51605#msg51605
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:16:07 AM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Kawartha Results-August-22nd
« on: August 23, 2008, 12:09:55 AM »

SpencerLewis

Re: Kawartha Results-August-22nd
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:12:08 AM »
ive missed two nights at kawartha this year...both have been the night petey shepherd was there...

dammit...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51607#msg51607

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:46:43 AM »
Have no fear spencer, heard Petey on the scanner say that they are definitely coming back as the car they had tonight was a rocket and would have challenged Mchattie for the win if it weren't for his spin earlier in the race and having to start at the back of the pack and work his way through.

I agree it was extremely confusing why the caution wasn't thrown cause there could have been someone seriously hurt with the spin of Smith.  Hopefully not much damage to Norm or Dan's car so they will be back next week.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51610#msg51610

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:46:43 AM »

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 10:37:32 AM »
Finnaly got back to racing at KD...after a month of silence on the track.

Thunder Cars:

Feature was won by Wille Rynes...not much to report fairly "dull" race...for what is normally a very exciting race

First Heat was crazy at the finish though...I cound't see it fully but it looked like Sinopoli was comming on the outside and Remington just didn't wanna give up his heat win and put them both into the outside wall..as they came across the line stuck together smashed into the wall...and they grinded to a hult into turn-1.

Sombody needs to get Jeff Remington off the track...he is just a weapon out there, I understand a bit more tonight...trying to block to get your first win...but regardless...it was just a heat race.  Again though...the "green monster" was kinda in the way so I didn't see it fully.

Legends: Won by 34..big field of cars..I think 25 or so...clean & green feature.

Mini Stock: Won by Jason Juriga, solid race...Jason dominated...only one incident as the #4 of Swindells took a hit into the turn-3 wall  the #66 super fast Neon of Mike Smith was also there...as he contiunes his tour of some other tracks....unfortinaily he got caught up in a mess in the Semi feature...that caused some heavy damage as the whole rear end of the car was shifted off to the side.

LLM: Vic Parsons

A GREAT Race....with under 5 laps to go...Parsons had the lead... and behind him Walters/Graham/Delisle were having a great battle..as all 3 cars were under a blanket...and Brown was not far behind...the yellow came out setting up a G/W/C  Parsons got a great re-start pulling ahead Walters tryed everything got into him going into 3 but cound't get by as Vic went on to take the Win.

LM: Dan McHattie

What a RACE!.... was a bit messy with a lot of yellows and such but what an exciting race.

The Race for the lead heated up with under 10 to go...as Watson bumped into McHattie and got under him..and what a battle..for a couple of laps they were side-ways..banging and bouncing off each other..... and they both got loose out of 2...Mayhew stuck his nose in there and all 3 cars were banging off each other.... nobody wrecked somehow!   There was a re-start with a few laps to go..and Watson could not keep up on the outside an McHattie pulled away...but on the 2nd last lap... Smith spun in turn-2 and stalled....in the MIDDLE OF THE TRACK..... as the leaders took the white....he was just got it re-fired...some reason the track never threw the yellow..and Smith got going..JUST IN TIME...but not enough time to still not cause problems..as the leaders all started to slow down and everyone just looked kinda confused on weather to slow down or not....and ultimately caused a preety nasty wreck...as Kimmerly slowed down and Mayhew littely DROVE UNDER HIM...and launched both cars into a wild spin...McHattie held onto the win though..and Watson held onto 2nd..but this could have turned out BAD..if Smith didn't get going

19 LM's took to the track tonight including Pete Shepherd.

I'd like to know hot Kawartha lines up the LM's for the Feature cause I see that the # 71 started 3rd (2nd in points) and Jackson further back (1st in points), seems like the # 71 always gets a good start position and LOL on the inside where he likes to be (lol) & what's with the # 71 always taking a car really high when they get beside him and no warning flag for him?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51625#msg51625

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »
I know it seems that McHattie is up front for alot of starts and I did question it at times BUT you draw for position at the start of every night. And although the 71 does seem to get a great spot every, will, most weeks. I'm sure it isn't rigged as someone has to have the good luck in the draw. He does all the time. The reason I know is because we consistantly draw the bad number and rarely get a top spot. The odds always even out. As for Jackson, the previous feature winner can start no better than 10th.

Some other notes from the drivers meeting were two small changes to the ACT Late Model rules for 2009. There will be a KONI spec shock rubber and chains will be allowed. Features will also be increased to 50 laps  ;D ;D ;D every night with the bottom half of the purse being bumped up. Could this be in preparation for the LM/LLM class merge next season? Only  2009 LM rules were discussed with the other classes to follow in the upcoming drivers' meetings.

Was also talking to Tim Watson and Brandon will be running Tim's Super when OSCAAR returns to Kawartha on September 19th(date??) for the rain make-up. Finally some good news for the series. Also talked to another OSCAAR competitor and a change at the top is definately needed to revitalize that series.

One final note I forgot to post last weekend. I heard late last week that the races were called so early due to extreme water seepage on the front stretch. I guess if that is true I should cut management some slack and with the weather we have been having, it is believable.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51648#msg51648
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:48:01 PM by slapdown »

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 12:49:38 AM »
Sounds like Brandon has a busy night that night.  Maybe he'll bring down his LLM car and run that division also??LOL

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51657#msg51657

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 09:35:28 AM »
Features will also be increased to 50 laps

AWESOME!  ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51686#msg51686
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 09:45:45 AM »
Me thinks brandon has one year left for us to enjoy him befoire he takes off to the states....we all know there is only one way to get notcied...get a LM/ARCA car and go for it...if they sell all their cars they could have the budget to run for a year.....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51689#msg51689

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »
The kid has sure impressed me this year. Jumping into the late model had it's trouble in the season's beginning but he has become a real smooth wheel man. Tim was telling me he isn't really learning much in the lower powered late model now and that that is why he wants him in the super. He needs to learn to be precise with the accelearating as well as smooth on the wheel. He can't learn that with the crate motors restrictions. Don't be surprised to see the kid run the super full time next season or at least a couple more times after Kawartha this year. ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51765#msg51765

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 05:18:06 PM »
Any chance of him running in a NCATS car in the near future?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51774#msg51774

Offline OSCAARfan_SLM

• Pit Crew
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 05:36:05 PM »
i would love to see brandon in the oscaar i think he would do a great job.  He had tim's out in practice last year in peterborough and wasn't far off the pace.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51775#msg51775

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
Any chance of him running in a NCATS car in the near future?
If he's not learning in the ACT car, why would he go to NCATS?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51780#msg51780

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 06:07:20 PM »
Not learning was not really a good choice of words I guess. I'm sure Tim meant that he can learn more in the Super. I'm sure most drivers, no matter how experienced, are always learning. Can't see him in an NCATS car either. But who knows.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg51782#msg51782

Offline koda04

• Number Nine, Your So Fine; #9 Watson
  • Car Owner
  • <3
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »
Brandon has done amazing and has gone far in the 7-8 years hes been racing and this only being his 3rd in stock cars. Hes going far and i can see things goin at a faster pace after he turns 16.  i'm glad  i can say i've known  him for  many years before

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg52364#msg52364
~Hillbilly Deluxe Racing; Come On and Get Some~

Number Nine; Your So Fine ;)

SpencerLewis

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 08:18:15 PM »
Me thinks brandon has one year left for us to enjoy him befoire he takes off to the states....we all know there is only one way to get notcied...get a LM/ARCA car and go for it...if they sell all their cars they could have the budget to run for a year.....
you wont get noticed at all running a LM in the states...

get a full perimeter super and head to the carolinas or georgia right now, everywhere else the competition is real soft, even Florida racing isnt garnering the credibility it used to

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8204.msg52374#msg52374

HTML ezBlock

site
stats