Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: MCLENNAN AND DRYDEN TOP FIELD WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS  (Read 1186 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
MCLENNAN AND DRYDEN TOP FIELD WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS

It was 'Lucky' to be named Darren this weekend as Darren McLennan and Darren Dryden took home the wins with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sauble Speedway. Saturday night Dryden took the checkered flag for his 2nd win of the season and McLennan grabbed his 1st win in 2016 on Sunday night.

McLennan took the lead at the drop of the green Sunday night and never looked back as the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets ran 25 laps caution free in less than 5 minutes. Pole leader Barry Dunn moved into second followed by Rob Neely and Ryan Fraser. Jeff Blackburn rounded out the top five. Neely dove under Dunn and grabbed 2nd place as Blackburn passed Fraser for 4th. Running quick laps in the 14 second range McLennan was fast right out of the box. Neely, Blackburn and Dunn kept pace with McLennan as the battle began behind them. Fraser had Adrian Stahle and Mack DeMan on his tail. Stahle and DeMan finished in the top three on Saturday night and were eager to better that result on Sunday.

With nine laps in, Stahle and DeMan made their moves as both passed Fraser and headed for the leaders. McLennan had a five car lead over Neely with Blackburn and Dunn close behind. The laps were fast and furious as Neely was starting to close the gap on McLennan. DeMan fought for position with Stahle as Fraser kept on his tail. Saturday night's winner Dryden, now running 8th had set his sites on Fraser. With five laps to go McLennan had the trophy in his sites with Neely getting closer. Blackburn and Dunn were not far behind. Stahle could not shake DeMan as the laps ticked off. With no cautions and 25 laps in, McLennan took the checkered flag and his first win of the season. With seven different winners in nine races ran, it is anybody's guess who will win next race.

"I want to thank Darcy and Eric for all their help, my Mom and Dad, John and Lee from Flamboro Machine Shop and of course my wife Lindsay, I couldn't do this without you," said McLennan. "I need to thank my sponsors Brian's Service Center, Allaris, Merit Insurance, Paragon Staging, Yamaha Canada, Husqvarna, London Drive Systems and our Club sponsor Lucas Oil".

Heats were won by McLennan and Stahle.
Of Note...Dunn broke a driveshaft on Saturday night for a DNS and came back with a 4th place finish on Sunday.

Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sauble Speedway on July 31, 2016 was...1. DARREN MCLENNAN, 2. Rob Neely, 3. Jeff Blackburn 4. Barry Dunn, 5. Adrian Stahle, 6. Mack DeMan, 7. Ryan Fraser, 8. Darren Dryden, 9. Steven Murdock, 10. James Marche, 11. Todd Cresswell, DNS..Adam Racine.

DARREN DRYDEN GOES TO VICTORY LANE FOR 2ND TIME WITH THE LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS

Darren Dryden was hooked up on Saturday night as the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets ran their first race of the doubleheader Canadian Holiday weekend at Sauble Speedway. Taking the lead from his pole position Dryden lead all 25 laps for the win. 'The car was awesome tonight and I need to thank Wayne Gray for the setup", said Dryden. "I also want to thank the fans for coming out tonight, my Dad for all his help, my wonderful girlfriend Madison, my family and all my sponsors...John Dryden Auto Body, R & W Auto Repair, DJD Graphics, Sharpie Art by Darren Dryden, Retail Design Group, Epic Racewear, Lucas Oil, Fidelity Furniture Systems, Burlington Crown Line X, RJ's Custom Finishes and Jessica Dryden Illustration and Photography."

The field came to green with Dryden in the lead followed by Brandon Zavarella and Steven Murdock. Rob Neely was 4th with Mack DeMan in the top five. DeMan passed Neely was on a roll to the front. Murdock and Zavarella were next in line to be passed by DeMan. Dryden began to stretch his lead on the field. DeMan was now in second. Adrian Stahle and Ryan Fraser were now up in the mix. With five laps in Neely spun down the front straight into the infield and the first caution came out. At the restart Neely went to the infield with a broken right rear torsion bar. Dryden continued his lead with DeMan turning up the heat. Stahle was now in third with Ryan Fraser and Murdock rounding out the top five.

Two laps later Jeff Blackburn and Zavarella made contact in turn four bringing out the second caution. Blackburn went pitside as the field lined up for the restart. Dryden set a fast pace and a smooth line while DeMan did everything to close the gap. Stahle kept the pace with DeMan and had Fraser on his tail. Murdock hung on to 5th place. McLennan had his eye on the top five as Zavarella made his way through the field from his spin on lap 10.

With five to go Dryden stayed at the front, DeMan held second as Stahle battled with Fraser. Dryden took the checkers followed by DeMan, Stahle, Fraser and Murdock. Heats were won by Neely and Zavarella.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets head to Flamboro Speedway for the 'Don Biederman Memorial Night' Saturday, August 6th.

Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sauble Speedway on July 30, 2016 was...1.DARREN DRYDEN, 2. Mack DeMan, 3. Adrian Stahle, 4. Ryan Fraser, 5. Steven Murdock, 6. Brandon Zavarella, 7. Darren McLennan, 8. Adam Racine, 9. James Marche, 10. Todd Cresswell, 11. Jeff Blackburn, 12. Rob Neely. DNS..Barry Dunn.

Top Ten in Drivers Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of August 1, 2016 are...1.MACK DEMAN...1456, 2. Ryan Fraser...1435, 3. Darren McLennan...1426, 4. Adrian Stahle...1412, 5. Rob Neely...1401, 6. Darren Dryden...1375, 7. Steven Murdock...1320, 8. Adam Racine...1276, 9. Barry Dunn...1214, 10. Brandon Zavarella...1185.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23130.msg115693#msg115693
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats