Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Team Turner Racing Starts July On A Fast Ohsweken Track  (Read 772 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Team Turner Racing Starts July On A Fast Ohsweken Track
« on: July 11, 2017, 10:41:40 AM »

Jamie Turner pilots his Charlie Bee Honey No.11 through turn four at Ohsweken Speedway. (Photo by Dale Calnan/Image Factor Media).   

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – July 10, 2017 – Team Turner Racing unloaded at Ohsweken Speedway last Friday to start the month of July with Frankie Turkey Memorial night, in honour of track owner Glenn Styres’ late uncle. The team came away from the July kickoff with a pair of top-10 finishes from Cory and Ryan Turner.

All three TTR cars started the night in the same heat race. Cory started outside the front row in his KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless No.97 and jumped to an early lead that he never surrendered. Ryan and Jamie were tasked with racing forward from the rear of the field on a very tacky track and finished sixth and seventh, respectively.

“In the heat race, we got lucky,” Cory said. “We got the outside pole, got the jump and that was all she wrote. My guys said we had a really good car. I think we were 13.6, which is a good lap around here.

“With all of the wet weather lately it was definitely very narrow with a hammer down track. I don’t think I lifted off the throttle the entire heat race,” Ryan added.

Cory was the only driver of the three to qualify for the redraw where he pulled the number seven spot. Ryan lined up his Ace’s Bar and Grill No.91 in 11th while Jamie rolled the Charlie Bee Honey No.11 from the 14th starting spot.

“In the Feature, we actually loosened up the car, which I think was the right call,” Ryan said. “We were just off a little bit. I started to go ahead early on and then just seemed to sit in tenth for the rest of the race. I just kind of rode the middle and it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t that good either.”

Cory raced inside the top-10 throughout the whole event and advanced to the sixth position. He ran a very fast outside lane that eventually proved quite treacherous as he hopped the cushion on a couple of occasions that sent the car bicycling.

“I was going good early up on the cushion and then cost me some time, probably a second and a half, when we bicycled,” Cory explained. “We caught a caution and drove around Lee Winger on the restart. I did it again after and then tried to stay off it and just ride until we could bring it home.”

Jamie battled the narrow track conditions most of the night and having to start at the rear for both the heat and Feature did not help his effort.

“It was just hard to pass,” Jamie said. “It was a narrow track with a real heavy cushion only halfway up. It’s one of those nights where you take it, you go home and you get ready for next week.”

“Let’s just hope for some nicer weather,” Jamie continued. “The track guys did a really nice job from last week. It’ll just keep getting better. As the track widens out, it’ll make the racing that much better.”

Team Turner Racing is gearing up for a busy weekend of action July 14-16. The weekend starts with Sponsor Night at Ohsweken on July 14 where the team will welcome all of their sponsors to the speedway for Friday Night Excitement. The TTR convoy will then then travel to Eastern Ontario to battle the Patriot Sprint Tour at Brockville Ontario Speedway and Cornwall Motor Speedway on Saturday, July 15 and Sunday, July 16. For additional event information, visit www.ohswekenspeedway.com and www.patriotsprinttour.com.

SEASON STATS
11 Jamie Turner – 8 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 1 Top-10s
91 Ryan Turner – 10 Starts: 0 Wins, 1 Top-5s, 5 Top-10s
97 Cory Turner – 12 Starts: 0 Wins, 6 Top-5s, 10 Top-10s

TEAM TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/TeamTurnerRacing
Twitter: @11TeamTurner19
YouTube: Youtube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Team Turner Racing mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Turner” to be added to the list.

TEAM TURNER PARTNERS

Team Turner Racing is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including KT Tobacco, Charlie-Bee Honey, Aces Bar & Grill, Braemar Building Systems, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Gale's Auto Aftermarket, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Malabar Super Spice, V&R Recycling, Caistor Agri Services, J’N’E Recovery, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Total Coatings, Insta-Panels, KT Gas & Convenience, Six Nations Bingo, Silo Wireless, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Truck Toppers, iC Super Computers, Silverdale Gun Club, Bryan's Farm Supply, Beamer Farms, The Powerhouse, Hitchman Trailers, Barlow Farms, Mac Tools, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, JLB Mobile Mechanical, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Top Flight Wings,  Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, ImageFactor.ca, and Clayton Johns Media.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24496.msg117062#msg117062
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: July 11, 2017, 10:41:40 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats