Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Why sunset is goin to fail???  (Read 15950 times)

Offline IMSLOW

• Pit Crew

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Why sunset is goin to fail???
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »

Offline Slammer

• Double Zero
  • Track Owner
Re: Why sunset is goin to fail???
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:40:29 PM »
Bah comon....the writeup wasn't half bad was it?

LOL

ACCIDENT NOT THE WEATHER ENDED THE NIGHT'S SHOW

On Saturday June 21st unner extremely thrett upin' skies it appeared we'd dodge th' bullet an' git th' entire show in an' completed in full when an incident occurred in th' four fun feature when # 79 Nicloe Podewils lost a tire made corntack wif sevahal cars in th' pack an' came t'ress in turn 1/2. Thar was evident trauma an' th' ambulance fum Innisfil appeared on th' scene an' th' decishun was made by th' management thet wif th' time needed t'take right care of Nicole thet we'd terminate th' show at thet point an' cornclude it befo'e next weeks program, dawgone it. So next week will be an awesome show thet includes th' evah popular fan appreeciashun an' car show 6:20 pm- 6:50 pm an' thass whar th' drivahs brin' their cars onto th' track an' th' fans come down an' talk, git autygraphs an' take pitchers of their favourite drivahs it's a mighty popular night. We will then finish off last weeks features all 4 an' then we will begin our regular show so eff'n yo' like racin' then Sunset Speedway is th' place t'be next Saturday night 8 features plus our regular night of racin' it promises t'be a great night of intertainment. Ev'rythin' was movin' a long smoothly until th' accident as we had dodged th' weather as it was all aroun' us but we were a-gonna be all right. Th' night's sponso''s were Halton Crushed Stone San' an' Gravel they intertained thar cestomers an' provided th' pace truck fo' th' evenin's races an' we also had Star Choice who gave away a fantastic receivah we hope yo' make use of these varmints when yo' need sumpin they sell as sponso's make this hyar whole deal postible, tell them yo' sar them at Sunset Speedway. We also had th' Ontario Pro Challenge 14 strong wif 2 mo'e waitin' in th' win's fo' their second appeareence of th' ' 08 season an' allus put on a great show an' they managed t'git their feature in as # 88 Lucas Oil Producks car of Tim No'ris edged out # 99 Ken Nicolson an' # 04 Tim Fo'bes were th' top 3 an' # 02 Dennis Thompson an' Nicolson were th' heat winners. They allus put on a great show an' will be back on Augest 2nd fo' their 3rd appeareence in 2008. We managed t'git all th' heats in as in th' HF Smif Home Hardware Late Models # 47 Stompin' Tom Walters 2, # 11 Jed Mo'row an' # 57 Steve Quesnelle in th' Domino's Pizza Thunner Cars noocomer # 44 Abner Dooocette, # 69 Rob Skyler, # 88 Herb Walters an' # 25 Kristi Wo'fe, in th' Fox's Bakery an' Deli 4 Cylinner Road Runners # 63 Abner Burrows 2, # 78 Jason Martin an' # 8 Rob Gibson Jr. an' in th' Fox's four fun th' winners were # 6 Terry Woodward, # 4 Mark Kehoe, # 66 Rob Krystal an' # 31, her fust win Aman'a Go'don an' in th' Thunner Car Aestralian Pursueyt # 51 Mark Adams edged # 27 Ebenezer Eden at th' line fo' a great finish.

Remember next week is double features fo' all th' classes plus a regular show fo' th' same low price an' also th' Fan Appreeciashun an' Car Show befo'e th' ackshun gits unnerway, t'meet all th' drivah on th' track pitchers, autygraphs whut c'd be better fo' a stock car fan, as enny fool kin plainly see. Make sho'nuff yo' mark July 5th on yer calendar as asphalt eatin', fire breathin' an' extremely quick OSCAAR Outlaw Super late Models make their second an' last viset of th' year it promises t'be a great show.

Brandon Wyatt

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45375#msg45375

Offline IMSLOW

• Pit Crew
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »
lol from bein the write up guy to race director! glad to see someone at the speedway is thinking lol! well lets see what kind of dumb stupid ideas he comes up with! cuz from his write ups dont look to be the best thinker in the world! and slammer definitly a good idea to come up to barrie! i think everyone should push the sixteen valves up there!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45379#msg45379

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:52:12 PM »

Offline IMSLOW

• Pit Crew
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »
lol thank you thayne! no wonder people think so highly of you lol! your a jesus in your own mind

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45383#msg45383

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:18:41 AM »
many ppl have joined my following Shawn...am I heavenly? That is up for interpretation, but I am definitely god-like!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45431#msg45431

Offline Puppydogs

• Series Owner
  • my pictures
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 09:24:31 AM »
I found that write up very difficult to read, SPELL CHECK PEOPLE, DAMN IT SPELL CHECK, it's not that hard to use, the rumour I heard was that the new owner was in bed with a developer who helped him buy the track, only to sit on it for a year or two, then sell it to the developer for a subdivision. I heard that a subdivision was going to be built right across from the track, and if the plan was not to get rid of Sunset, who in their right mind would buy a house across from a speedway, not exactly relaxing summer nites on the patio.....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45437#msg45437
if you kick the puppy, the puppy will bite

Offline Slammer

• Double Zero
  • Track Owner
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
So many rumours floating around who really knows...he does have some sort of financial relationship with a developer, I am sure neither one of them are stupid people....one doesn't just up and decide one morning to buy a speedway that is not actively for sale. I would think it will eventually go hand in hand with some sort of development plan. Glenn was getting a lot of flack from a couple of the roadside residents, one of them has been to the city on several occasions complaining about noise etc.. and told Glenn straight up he was going to do everything he could to get him shut down. I am sure he will be giving Wes some flack too. He may have to buy those up too...lol.
Wes does seem to have some aspirations to improve the track and build the fan base, I can't see the point of putting much effort into that if you plan on tearing it up in a couple years...doesn't make sense. Would be cool to see him buy the property next door and build motorsport park... ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45439#msg45439

Offline Junior

• Series Owner
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »
many ppl have joined my following Shawn...am I heavenly? That is up for interpretation, but I am definitely god-like!

Oh so god-like as in god damn yer ugly?? ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45440#msg45440

Offline SSWebguy

• Track Owner
  • EX-Webguy :)
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 10:32:09 AM »
Wes does seem to have some aspirations to improve the track and build the fan base, I can't see the point of putting much effort into that if you plan on tearing it up in a couple years...doesn't make sense. Would be cool to see him buy the property next door and build motorsport park... ;D

Only caveat to that is putting effort in without putting in money - it makes him look like he cares but it really isn't costing him anything in the end.  Now if he were to have come in during the week after the deal was done and say replaced the grandstands, landscaped the place, god forbid resurfaced the track, something big - THEN it would seem like the place is going somewhere.  Right now it seems like status quo BUT with the addition of pissing off the staff and drivers.

I heard that rumour (again from the new SS guru Brain Watt's worldwide radio debut) about the next-door property.  Only problem is it is HUGE and costs like 5 million or thereabouts.  Noone is going to front that type of cash for a motorsports park these days.  For real estate development though, that's another story.  Again remember that sewers and water are now at the rec center so it is not out of line to think it could come a bit farther down the road.

I don't want to be negative, but things don't look good for Sunset or motorsports in general up this way.

And as for Wattie being race director...O M G.  Just O M G.  Don't see Robbie sticking around much longer if that is the case.

Mark

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45441#msg45441

username

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 11:25:49 AM »
you know what would go a long way? wes coming up with some sort of plan he could convey to the drivers and teams....he was at the drivers meeting just to shoot down the development rumours and to announce that the 4funs would be running one heat backwards.  come up with 5 or 10 minutes worth of information for us to tell us at the meeting at some point...

whoever is on here that read the post about the possible development of sunset and told wes  (unless it went through a bunch of people) should do us a favor and ask him to address the following rumors/questions

modifieds coming?
4 cylinders running wed.?
a dirt track being built?
any plans for a new racing surface?
any plans for fixing the place up?
what can we look forward to that will be better than now? (a scored race lol)
what happened with the scoring sh*t show and what has been done to fix it?

what are the others lol there's gotta be more

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45442#msg45442

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »
who in their right mind would buy a house across from a speedway, not exactly relaxing summer nites on the patio.....

*raises hand*

;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45446#msg45446
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline Puppydogs

• Series Owner
  • my pictures
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »
I get the feeling BSW is about to get very busy in the next year or two, come on up guys, we really aren't that bad. We are working on the quirks with the new owners, or maybe I'll get real lucky, win a really big lottery and built a brand new speedway, now thats a dream I can live with lol

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45448#msg45448
if you kick the puppy, the puppy will bite

Offline Junior

• Series Owner
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 12:41:39 PM »
So many rumours floating around who really knows...he does have some sort of financial relationship with a developer, I am sure neither one of them are stupid people....one doesn't just up and decide one morning to buy a speedway that is not actively for sale. I would think it will eventually go hand in hand with some sort of development plan. Glenn was getting a lot of flack from a couple of the roadside residents, one of them has been to the city on several occasions complaining about noise etc.. and told Glenn straight up he was going to do everything he could to get him shut down. I am sure he will be giving Wes some flack too. He may have to buy those up too...lol.

So I have heard another version of what is happening now........the deal has officially gone through, and this so called "developer" is only a sponsor at the track, the "money man" is some guy who has an accent and is only a mortgage holder??? As far as the peanut gallery out front of the speedway....always been like that, will never change, we had to deal with it every year and all we would say to them was why in the world would you buy a house on a major highway in front or a speedway if you dont like the noise? not once did they ever have a reply....its been like that since Alex Shakell severed the lots and started building and selling house out front, its never gonna change and its probably the same person that threatened to do whatever it took to close us down as well......as you can see, its a never ending battle! But as far as Wes goes, a good thing he knows how to do is put people in the stands.......and besides his last name, thats really the only good thing I can think of about him? But I still think something doesnt smell right about this whole deal......

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7705.msg45449#msg45449

HTML ezBlock

site
stats