Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cayuga ARCA Canceled  (Read 6627 times)

Offline crewchief47

• Track Owner
    • Trevellin Motorsports
Re: Cayuga ARCA Canceled
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »
Could someone please give me a little bit of credit.  I've been to the track a 'few' times and I'm aware of the likelihood of an actual  subdivision popping up where the track is.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9725.msg67877#msg67877
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:17:14 PM by crewchief47 »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »
Could someone please give me a little but of credit.�  I've been to the track a 'few' times and I'm aware of the likelihood of an actual�  subdivision popping up where the track is.

heh...sometimes on the internet you can't just use a figure of speech.  :)

it always has, as today's breed of daring young ( and older ) men, in their jaunty jalopies thrill fans and provide breathtaking moments of heart stopping action. Maybe we need promoters to return to the carnival type atmosphere. The feeling of a big happening. A spectacular event that one doesn't want to miss.  

No maybe about it, you nailed it EEracer. Short track racing is sometimes too slick and too polished in its presentation - trying to pass it off as professional racing, rather than "daring young men in their jaunty jalopies"  It needs to be a little rough around the edges.

However, I'm not sure how this would have helped Cayuga. They packed them in there when they were doing the ASA races and Molson was picking up the ad costs, but the place has struggled both before and after that era. They were putting on awesome shows at a good price when Evans was running it, and still they couldn't fill the place.

I just don't see what else they can do without a big, big sponsor partner to help with the ad costs.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9725.msg67893#msg67893
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:55:34 AM by Shadowracer »
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 11:35:59 AM »
After reviewing all of the comments about Cayuga Speedway and its current status I think its only fair to say that everyone making a statement in a negative matter of fact should really think about the big picture, as scary as it might be.

To open this track for any event is a game of chance at best, regardless of the program.
First off there was a ton of Racing series that were told theyhad dates in 2009, and most of them even had signed contracts, but the contracts are worthless when the deals were negotiated based on the track opening in 2009..and it isn't.
For any Series to take them to court over the whole deal is worthless as you cant get money out of a stone number one, and two- no Series in their right mind wants to start battles with Tracks as it makes things bad for the future and the sport.

As far as shows go, what Series would you consider running, keeping in mind you have to sell tickets and attempt to make a profit !!

ARCA- The same price as the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series- $60,000 and you would get a full field of 36 plus cars...but NO locals in the Series, and one shot at the weather as they wont do a rain out date in Canada.  
Show rating - 7 out of 10
Profit- 2 out of 10

Nascar Canadian Tire- Way.. way.. overpriced for a field of 16 cars and worse yet...they have really about 10 guys that have a shot at winning so you could change that number to 10.  
Show rating- 3 out of 10
Profit- -10 out of 10

ISMA and Sprint Car Show- The advantage here is fans love to watch something different and Open Wheel Shows tend to draw the more educated fans and the thrill seekers.
Show rating- 8 out of 10
Profit- 5 out of 10

OSS, Super Late Models, Limited Late Model shows- These are the only true racing series that have a chance at making a go of it at Cayuga. The show cost is for each series is under $7500.00 and they all come with plenty of cars, which means plenty of supporters both in fans and crew members. They are full of local shoes and the cars are very fast at Cayuga with 50 lappers and 100 lappers still long enough to make it a race but not so long that you don't wake up drooling on the person sitting next to you.
Show rating- 10 out of 10
Profit- 10 out of 10

Besides racing cars there also needs to be something else going on at the same weekend.  A Big Band with an appearance on the front straightaway.  A Car Show or Truck Show.  A Party for the fans in the Camping Area with free Camping.
Even a visit from the "Girls Gone Wild Bus" would help out the deal !!

That's my idea's of what needs to happen and I am sure there are many that agree and disagree with my picks, although its pretty much common knowledge that Cayuga Speedway is not the Crown Jewel that it once was, but more a place waiting to happen.    When ??....who the heck knows !!!        
 Â 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9725.msg67898#msg67898

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 11:35:59 AM »

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 03:05:14 PM »
SO what happens now? will it open in 2010 or is this the end of it or a new owner??

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9725.msg67901#msg67901
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

Offline too_cool_joe

• Pit Crew
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 08:31:43 AM »
I guess the only positive note coming out the cancelled race is that it would not have run yestarday anyway. It rained hard all morning and drizzled on and off all afternoon and rained hard again in the late afternoon.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9725.msg69177#msg69177

HTML ezBlock

site
stats