Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS, RACINE SHUTS THE DOOR ON DEFENDING CHAMP DeMAN TO TAKE  (Read 1205 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS, RACINE SHUTS THE DOOR ON DEFENDING CHAMP DeMAN TO TAKE FIRST WIN OF 2017

Adam Racine edged out 4 time champion Mack DeMan to take the season opener win at Flamboro Speedway Saturday night.  With grey clouds looming in the sky and the threat of rain everyone prayed it would hold off.  Minutes before the start of the night the skies opened and the rain poured delaying the races by 45 minutes.

Racine, who rented the winning car from DeMan, as his own car is still not ready, cruised to a heat and feature win in the car that was nearly destroyed last year at Sauble Speedway.

Racine, who was at the track early Saturday racing go karts, posted to Facebook Sunday, “What a day yesterday, still so happy.  Mack DeMan about gave me a heart attack coming down the back straight when he got beside me but we held him off by a wheel.  Big thanks to Mack, Peter and the Mackereths for letting me drive one hell of a car while I wait for parts to finish mine.”

Racine took the lead after passing veteran racer Barry Dunn on lap 6.  As Racine quickly pulled away from the field a caution on lap 8 flew for a tangle between the 2 car of Steven Murdoch and the 44 car of Barry Dunn.   

As the field took the green flag Racine quickly soared to gained a 3 car lead over 2nd place finisher and 2016 defending champion Mack DeMan.  Racine was able to hold the lead unchallenged until the last 2 laps of the 25 lap feature where DeMan had worked feverishly to reel him in.  As the laps quickly came to a close DeMan closed the gap and challenged Racine for the lead heading down the backstretch and into turn 3, as the cars exited turn 4 Racine and DeMan were side by side with Racine inching ahead taking the win by a wheels length with third place finisher Ryan Fraser  in the 94 car following up right behind them, 4th place was earned by Adrian Stahle with Darren Dryden rounding out the top 5.

Heat 1 race winner was Adrian Stahle with Adam Racine taking the win in Heat 2.

Next week the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets head to Sunset Speedway for Spring Velocity where they will race Saturday May 20th.

Final finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Flamboro Speedway on May 13, 2017 is…..1. Adam Racine, 2. Mack DeMan, 3. Ryan Fraser, 4. Adrian Stahle, 5. Darren Dryden, 6. Barry Dunn,  7. Steven Murdock, 8. Darren McLennan, 9. Cory Whittam, 10. Jeff Blackburn, 11. Dominique Smith(R), 12. Lucas Muncie(R)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23896.msg116462#msg116462
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats