Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cory Turner Excited For Final Ohsweken and SOS Points Nights  (Read 1057 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Cory Turner Excited For Final Ohsweken and SOS Points Nights
« on: September 09, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. (September 7, 2018) – With the momentum of a successful Labour Day weekend that included a top-five and four top-10 finishes, Cory Turner is anxious to hit the track again for championship weekend. The final points races of the season at Ohsweken Speedway and with the Southern Ontario Sprints at Merrittville Speedway are scheduled for Friday, September 7 and Saturday, September 8.

Entering Friday’s race, Turner is currently third in the Ohsweken standings and trailing Jim Huppunen by just six points for second, which equates to three finishing positions on the race track.

“We have to keep the car in one piece,” Turner stated. “This is the car we want to finish the year on. It’s been good on the small tracks, so hopefully Friday it will be good at Ohsweken too. We’re going to try and outrun Jimmy to get second.”

The race is also an important tune-up for next weekend’s $10,000-to-win 14th annual Canadian Sprint Car Nationals presented by Arrow Express. Turner will look to nail down the setup on his KT Gas & Convenience/Silo Wireless No.97 for this championship weekend and for next weekend’s Ohsweken season finale.

“Hopefully we can run well Friday and get a good tune-up for the Nationals,” Turner said. “We are running well right now and building momentum for these next two weekends. We’re really excited for it all.”

On Saturday, Turner will then take the Mobil 1/King’s Wood Products No.97 to his former home track of Merrittville Speedway in search of his first career Sprint Car championship with the Southern Ontario Sprints. Turner holds a more than 50-point lead at the top of the SOS standings over his younger brother, Ryan Turner entering the final race of the season. Turner is excited for the race, but knows there’s still plenty of work to be done.

“If I can run in the top-10 again like we have all year with the SOS, than we will be in good shape,” Turner said. “There’s still 35-40 laps to run on Saturday after we race Friday. I’m lucky I have a lot of laps there, but I’ll have to keep my eyes open to make sure we run it clean.”

Quick Recap

Last weekend, Turner ran a pair of Features at Ohsweken Speedway on Friday, August 31, including a make-up event from July 27. He earned seventh and eighth-place finishes in the two events.

“We were good at the beginning of the night, but we kind of fell off a little bit,” Turner explained of the Friday action. “We were better than the previous Friday.”

Then, he travelled east to compete with the SOS in the annual Labour Day Classic Weekend at Brighton Speedway with full shows on back-to-back nights Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2. He started with a second-place finish on Saturday night and a sixth-place result Sunday.

“Saturday, we were really running down the leader, Steve Lyons,” Turner said. “The second half of the race, my car came in nicely and I ran him down from almost half a lap back. I lost by about a car length and a half at the line. We were absolutely ripping the last 10 laps and I was really happy with how the car got better.”

For complete event details, visit www.ohswekenspeedway.ca and www.merrittvillespeedway.com. For more information on Cory Turner Motorsports, visit www.coryturnermotorsports.com.

CORY TURNER SEASON STATS
97 Cory Turner – 23 Starts: 2 Wins, 10 Top-5s, 18 Top-10s

CORY TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/CoryTurnerMotorsports
Twitter: @CTMotorsports_
YouTube: YouTube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Cory Turner Motorsports mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Cory Turner Motorsports” to be added to the list.

CORY’S CREW
Cory Turner is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2018 race season, including KT Tobacco, Insta-Panels, Braemar Building Systems, Silo Wireless, Mobil 1, Kings Wood Products, Gale’s Auto Aftermarket, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Six Nations Bingo, Malabar Super Spice, JNE Recovery, V&R Recycling, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Hauser’s Pharmacy, KT Gas & Convenience, The Truck Toppers, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Rondex, Silverdale Gun Club, Barlow Farms, Mike Morris Holdings, Bryan’s Farm Supply, Total Coatings, Hitchman Trailers, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, Top Flight Wings, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, Northern Performance, Charlie Bee Honey, and ImageFactor.ca.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26595.msg119162#msg119162
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: September 09, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats