Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Autobarn Lowndes Racing Media Release Sunday 16 September, 2018  (Read 670 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Autobarn Lowndes Racing Media Release
Sunday 16 September, 2018

Sandown 500 - Warm-up & Race

Warm-up, Craig Lowndes & Steven Richards: Second (Fastest Lap: 1:08.7958)
Race: Third
Championship: Fourth (2,487 points)

Craig Lowndes (#888) - Holden Commodore ZB

"It was a great finish for us. Richo (Steven Richards) did a fantastic job in the early stints of the race and really set up the race for us. We struggled a little bit in the earlier part of my stints, we ran out of rear tyre life, but the team did a fantastic job in that last stop. We made a rear ride height adjustment, which really set us up for the final run home. I had a great battle with my teammates Jamie (Whincup) and Shane (van Gisbergen) to get a one-two-three finish for the team. It's the ultimate! That's obviously what we always want to achieve and we did. I think it's the first time in history that any team's managed to get a one-two-three in an enduro. Obviously we're now looking forward to moving on to Bathurst."

Steven Richards

"Other than car 888 winning, I don't think you can possibly get a better result than having a one-two-three finish. The cars were very good all weekend. We made a few tune-ups to make them a bit better, but it was a great day. My stints were really good. I got a great start, cruised along and kept out of trouble. I managed to get a few spots with great strategy and then we were sitting in second place. That was great work by the team to get us out there. Now we're looking forward to celebrating with the team."

For further information please contact:
Cassie Burton
0410 888 883

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26630.msg119197#msg119197
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats