Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Autobarn Lowndes Racing Media Release Saturday 15 September, 2018  (Read 608 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Autobarn Lowndes Racing Media Release
Saturday 15 September, 2018

Sandown 500 - Saturday Practice, Qualifying & Races for the Grid

Practice 4, Craig Lowndes & Steven Richards: 12th (Fastest Lap: 1:15.9759)
Qualifying, Craig Lowndes: 13th (Fastest Lap: 1:08.4601)
Race for the Grid 1, Steven Richards: 13th
Race for the Grid 2, Craig Lowndes: 10th

Craig Lowndes (#888) - Holden Commodore ZB

"It was sort of a funny day! We knew the rain was coming, but we didn't know how much or when. The car was reasonably good in qualifying, I probably didn't maximise the speed of the car. Richo (Steven Richards) did a fantastic job in his race and made up a lot of spots, but then of course with the rain and the hail we opted to do a pit stop for wet tyres and we lost a few spots, but we ended up where we started. I had a good battle in my race. I had to start on slick tyres, so I had to keep it on the island to begin with, but as the race dried out we really had good pace."

Steven Richards

"This is the best we've started the Sandown 500 for a few years. From inside the top 10 we can get a good start and a good opening few laps and from there we can get a great result. We're feeling really good ahead of tomorrow, I like the way the car is at the moment. When the race was dry today, the car had pace over the cars in front of us, so I'm really looking forward to it. Pitting for wets in my race is one of those things - you've got to react to the conditions and had it have rained a little bit more at the top end of the circuit, the guys who stayed out there on slick tyres would have looked silly. You live and die by your decisions and that was what we made."

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26622.msg119189#msg119189
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats