Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Matt Pritiko Geared Up For Home Track APC Series Battle at Delaware  (Read 1071 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Matt Pritiko Geared Up For Home Track APC Series Battle at Delaware

Matt Pritiko will be back behind the wheel of his Global Warranty No.21 Toyota Camry for the fourth round of the APC United Late Model Series at Delaware Speedway on Friday, June 29. (Photo by Thompson Photography).   

LONDON, Ont. – June 27, 2018 – A turbulent start to the season had led to familiar waters for Matt Pritiko. The London, Ont. driver on the APC United Late Model Series tour has faced a number of challenges through the first three races on the tour this season, but weathered the storm and is not set to return to his home track, Delaware Speedway, for round four of the 2018 schedule in the Spectra Premium 100 on Friday, June 29.

Pritiko is excited to the return to his roots at Delaware, where he first began his Late Model racing career. After a below-expectations finish two weeks ago at Peterborough Speedway, Pritiko tested his Global Warranty/Toyota-Town No.21 Camry earlier this week at Delaware and was pleased with the results.

“I’m confident driving the car now and we know we have a good car from our test on Monday,” said Pritiko. “I’m really looking forward to this weekend.”

Delaware is one of only two tracks a half-mile or larger that the Series visits annually and Pritiko believes his experience on the high-speed and deceptively tricky track will be a major asset on Friday night.

“It’s our home track and we won a championship there before, so we know how to get around that place,” Pritiko explained. “It’s a fast track and it’s not forgiving. With one little error, the wall comes up really quick, whether it’s a corner or on the backstretch. With being a regular, I’m somewhat used to the speeds of it all. The corners are completely different from one end to the other as well. There’s quite a bit of difference as you’re going around the track, so we feel we have a bit of a home track advantage.”

Pritiko and his team, with support from McColl Racing Enterprises, have been hard at work over the past 10 days to find more speed for the No.21 and to improve on the season-best third-place finish at Flamboro Speedway earlier this month.

“It’s kind of a good turning point because we’re almost to the halfway point of the season,” Pritiko said ahead of Friday’s race. “Everyone at McColl’s has been working really hard, and the same with (crew member) Rick. He’s taken some time off work to work on the car and after everything he’s done lately, I can definitely tell a difference on the track.”

On the heels of a successful test session and armed with his vast knowledge of the historical half-mile track, Pritiko feels confident he has the pieces in place for a strong run when the lights are on and the green flag drops Friday.

“It’s nice going to a track that you’re used to driving and that I’ve been at pretty much my whole stock car career,” Pritiko added. “I’m looking forward to seeing everybody from Global Warranty out at the track this weekend and putting on a show for them.”

Keep up to date with the latest news on Matt Pritiko online at www.mattpritiko.com or on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at the links below. Race time for the Spectra Premium 100 at Delaware Speedway on Friday, June 29 is 7:30pm. For additional event information, visit www.delawarespeedway.com and www.apcracingseries.com.

2018 SEASON STATS
Matt Pritiko – 3 Starts: 0 Wins, 1 Top-5s, 2 Top-10s

MATT PRITIKO MEDIA
Facebook: Facebook.com/MattPritiko
Twitter: @MattPritiko
Instagram: @MattPritiko21

PRITIKO’S PARTNERS
Matt Pritiko is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2018 race season, including Global Warranty, NAPA Certified Bodyshops, Burwell Autobody Ltd., Cadillac Industrial Cleaning, Glencoe Auto Recyclers, SellToWin.com, Wix Filters, Toyota-Town.com and Palasad of London.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26207.msg118774#msg118774
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats