Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Former F1600 Champion Michael Adams Makes Series Return  (Read 1274 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Former F1600 Champion Michael Adams Makes Series Return

COURTICE, ON (May 7, 2015) – After two years on the sidelines, former series champion and mechanical engineering student Michael Adams will make his return to the Toyo Tires F1600 Championship at the Castrol Victoria Day SpeedFest, May 16 & 17.

"I am very excited to be back competing in the Toyo Tires F1600 Championship,” said Adams. “The series has grown in popularity and has attracted some new teams and equipment since I raced full-time in 2012 but I am really looking forward to getting back behind the wheel. Our plan is to compete on a race-to-race basis as my studies in mechanical engineering come first and foremost.”

Though not competing in formula car competition recently Adams did keep his hand in the sport by racing in the Mazda Miata Championship on the east-coast of Canada last season, winning multiple races and narrowly missing out on that championship during the very last round.

Adams will be campaigning the family owned and run 1992 Van Diemen powered by a Britain West built Ford engine that has seen success with multiple drivers, including Michael’s father Stephen. The pair have been developing the car since it last saw full-time competition and given the positive results in testing decided it was time for the young driver to make a comeback.

“It will be very interesting to see how our Ford powered car will stand up to all of the newer equipment. I feel we have developed the car to the point where we can be competitive. I guess we will see where we stack up during our first session on Saturday.”

For more information about Stephen, visit www.formula1600.com or follow him on twitter @mikeyadams59

Photos by Michael Haley

The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship Series is the premiere open wheel series in Ontario, sanctioned by CASC Ontario Region and proudly supported by Toyo Tires, Honda HPD, Lubrico Warranty, Heather’s Heros, Cove Dentistry, Stäubli, Lincoln Electric, Braille Battery, Jongbloed Racing Wheels, Johnston Research and Performance, MK Technologies, Jones Brown Motorsport Insurance and Rod Ends Mechanical. The series is comprised of a six event, double-header format and competes at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Shannonville Motorsport Park and Calabogie Motorsports Park.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20893.msg113314#msg113314
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats