Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: O'Connell Cadillac ATS-V.R No. 3.1 ready to go  (Read 1367 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
O'Connell Cadillac ATS-V.R No. 3.1 ready to go
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:14:15 AM »

Cadillac ATS-V.R Drivers Pilgrim and O'Connell Ready for Canadian Tire Motorsports Park Return

DETROIT - Cadillac Racing drivers Andy Pilgrim and Johnny O'Connell are ready for their return to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park for rounds eight and nine of the Pirelli World Challenge Series May 15-17.

Following the fire at Barber Motorsport Park two weeks ago the Cadillac Racing crew has built up the team's test car to replace O'Connell's (Flowery Branch, Ga.) No. 3 Cadillac ATS-V.R. The duo of O'Connell and Pilgrim (Boca Raton, Fla.) are returning to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (a.k.a. Mosport) after a two year hiatus. The Cadillac Racing drivers have many miles and wins between them at the challenging 2.4-mile, 10-turn track located 30 minutes north of Toronto.

"The Cadillac Racing guys have put in a lot of hours to get the test car race ready for this weekend," O'Connell said. "Although it has not been tested to the degree the primary car was, I'm confident that my guys will make the No. 3.1 a great car. For some reason Canadian Tire Motorsport Park has always been good to me. My first prototype win was there in 1999, and I also had great success with Corvette. I was fortunate to win at the old Mosport six times with Ron Fellows and Jan Magnussen. It would be impossible for me to pick a favorite part of the track, its flow is brilliant and one of my favorite circuits in North America. Ron has done a great job upgrading the facility and the track, yet keeping the character of the original layout. Having run with Ron so many times there, I think I am an honorary Canadian."

Pilgrim's racing memories of Mosport go back to 1988.

"My most vivid memory of Mosport was getting pole position the first time I was there in 1988 in the Corvette Challenge Series, I was pretty proud of that one," Pilgrim said. "I'm hoping our Cadillac ATS-V.R is very competitive this weekend.  The rules that balance World Challenge and all the FIA GT3 cars mean that all the cars are incredibly close, but I'm thinking the car will like Mosport if we get the set-up right.  My favorite section is Turn Two.  That turn has bitten me twice with wrecks due to mechanical failures.  One of them gave me a neck ache for nine months, but I still love it.  I once did a 24 hour race there.  To be honest, I thought having a 24 hour race at that track was completely mental, but there I was.  I raced at Mid-Ohio in another series on the Saturday and then drove to Mosport to join the 24 hour race already underway.  I had no time in the Corvette race car I was to drive and my first stint was at night, having never seen the track at night before.  I came out of pit lane for my first stint and immediately saw Boris Said in our second team Corvette coming past pit out.  I instantly got on it and followed him for the whole stint.  That got me up to speed super quick. I was certainly lucky to come out right behind Boris.  We actually won that race, which was an added bonus."

The Pirelli World Challenge Series will travel to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park north of Toronto for a double header weekend to run May 15-17.

Cadillac ATS-V.R 2015 Results

Track
 Drivers
 Start
 Finish

Circuit of the America's
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

St. Petersburg
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

Long Beach
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

Barber Motorsport Park
 Johnny O'Connell

Andy Pilgrim

Cadillac Racing, since their inception in 2004, has amassed 26 wins, 91 podium finishes (including wins) and 22 pole positions. The team won the World Challenge Manufacturer Championship in 2005, 2007, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Team Cadillac drivers have won the World Challenge Driver's Championship in 2005 with Andy Pilgrim and in 2012, 2013 and 2014 with Johnny O'Connell.

Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. Today, Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio featuring dramatic design and technology. More information on Cadillac appears at cadillac.com. Cadillac's media website with information, images and video can be found at media.cadillac.com.

Additional information can be viewed at Cadillac.com, GM.com, media.gm.com, world-challenge.com, andypilgrim.com, johnnyoconnell.com; Facebook GM, Andy Pilgrim, Johnny O'Connell, Cadillac.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20924.msg113352#msg113352
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 12, 2015, 11:14:15 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats