Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tillsonburg Outlaws Race Report Aug 26  (Read 1472 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tillsonburg Outlaws Race Report Aug 26
« on: August 29, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »
Tillsonburg Outlaws.

Yes, before anyone can correct me, this morning I mixed up the date for our next race.
Wed. Sept 3rd is the next race night.

Sept 6 is the Race in North Carolina at Millbridge Speedway that several of the experts are attending. My bad.

The Tillsonburg Lubricare Beginners continue to lower their lap times, It looks like Noah Longthorne may break the 10 second barrier soon and was able improve his passing skills this week. Aubry Smith doesn't go too easy on him though and she won Sprint. Noah won the overall.

The big news in the Smale Powder Coat Juniors is little Paige Smith who managed a perfect night. Not only was she able to hold some front row starts, she made short order of starting 5th and moving up front quickly before the speedsters of the group could work their way through traffic. With a perfect night, you know who came first. That left a royal battle for 2nd and 3rd. How close is our racing? Nick Sheridan put together a 2,2,3 to beat out Kyle McGlone's 4,3,2 . It is these multiple races that really brings to light that the whole group is fast and it is pretty hard to run away with it. Next week as a reward, we will put Paige to the back of each race and see what she is made of . Passing skills wins championships and next week she will have to bring her A game to repeat the victory.

Team Bennett decided the smooth running stock carb setup was not going to win to many more races and joined the others with the big carburetor set up per our rules. You don't have to ask Colby if he wants to win because this week he took the extra 1/2 horsepower and used it to spend lots of time up front. Winning 2 of the 3 races put him in first overall. Scott Hall was able to nail down 2nd and Eric McGlone finished 3rd. There is so much talent in both these groups that it amazes me that they can run so close, so fast and with so few big crunches. Ty Freeman was the only one fixing fibreglass this week.

The Experts on the other hand, well, they run so close and so fast there is usually a crunch somewhere. These karts are crazy powerful and don't always go where you expect them. Just when you figure you have a handle on a line, a rut grabs you and ... well who knows.
Bea Courtnage, after dominating for 3 weeks in a row was finally relegated to mid pack so we no longer have to refer to her as Queen Bea. Curtis Schultz continues to struggle with running gremlins. Not an easy task to figure out why 70 hp is only 40 hp.
Austen Giles struggled with the ruts that were making a smooth slide almost impossible and while being chased down by Cody Coburn, almost went around. Coburn who had been trying to cut underneath Giles decided that it wasn't going to work and moved to the outside after another failed inside attempt only to be squeezed to the wall when Giles appeared to give him some room on the inside. Only problem was, you can't see behind you and Coburn had no intention of letting off after committing to the outside. If you come to the track to see the occasional crash, Tillsonburg is the place to be. When the two races were averaged, somehow I was sitting in 1st place followed by Holly Porter who had some spins of her own. Despite Cody's big crash, he still managed to be only a point behind in 3rd. Of special note, the borrowed kart of Bob Townsend finished 4th which I believe is record for that kart. Go figure.

Next race,  Wed, Sept 3rd

Dave Chesterman.
Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
Tillsonburg Outlaw Kart Club
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20116.msg112160#msg112160
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Tillsonburg Outlaws Race Report Aug 26
« on: August 29, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats