Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Roller Coaster Race Night For Team Turner Racing Closes Out June  (Read 1065 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Roller Coaster Race Night For Team Turner Racing Closes Out June

Photo by Dale Calnan/Image Factor Media 

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – July 3, 2018 – Team Turner Racing was back in action amidst the warmest Ontario heat wave of the summer at Ohsweken Speedway on Friday, June 29. It was Ryan Turner who led the way for TTR with a top-five finish while Cory Turner and Jamie Turner both had less than ideal evenings.

Ryan Turner

Ryan Turner started the night strong with an impressive heat race run in his Kingpin Farms/Burger Barn No.91. Ryan lined up outside row two of the second heat and drove from fourth to a second-place finish behind Scott Kreutter. The move forward put Ryan in the redraw and started a positive beginning to the night.

“We didn’t start off too well in Hot Laps, we were a little tight, but the crew made the right changes for the Heat and the car felt really good and handled really well,” Ryan said. “We ended up moving up a couple of spots and getting in the redraw. The crew drew second for me, so that was an easy starting spot.”

The outside pole for the 20-lap Feature event proved to be a benefit for Ryan, who raced at the front of the field through some early cautions, including an opening lap incident involving Cory. Ryan ran second until the field worked into lapped traffic on lap seven when he got over the top of turn one as he had to avoid a slower car.

“We felt really good again,” Ryan said. “We made the right adjustments again for the Feature. I was rolling around pretty good and then got caught up with a lapped car and got off the top and got freight trained and fell back to fourth or fifth. The car washed up in front of me and just had to get off the top to dodge him and by the time I got back on the track, a couple of cars got me.”

Ryan eventually drove to a fifth-place finish, his fourth top-five finish in five starts with the Burger Barn-owned No.91 car.

“The car’s getting better,” Ryan said. “The crew’s done a great job preparing the car with Gord and all of the guys at the shop and Jay gives us great equipment. We’re just trying to make a better finish in each week and we’re going to strive for a podium next week.”

Jamie Turner

Jamie Turner started the night with a sixth-place finish in his heat aboard his Charlie Bee Honey No.11 on a challenging racetrack that was equally fast. He lined-up 16th for the main event and quickly moved forward to challenge for a top-10 spot. That changed on lap 12, when Jamie spun in turn four.

“I was a top-10 car all night. I looped it and I made a mistake and sent it around in a circle,” Jamie admitted. “It got a little better as the night went on and I think the car overall was pretty good. The guys did a good job on it this week as always, so we’ll see how it is next week.”

Jamie was able to work his way back up to a 13th-place finish after restarting at the rear of the field. Although the result is not necessarily indicative of the performance, Jamie was pleased with the progress he felt in the car this week.

“The car’s getting better,” Jamie said. ”The boys, Cory and Ryan, really helped me this week. With the rainout last week, we had more time to work on the car and it really showed, so it was good for us.”

Cory Turner

The week was a tough one for Cory Turner. After earning a second-place finish and showing speed in his heat race, Cory qualified into the redraw as one of the top eight qualifiers.

“I just stumbled a little bit and didn’t get to turn one before Jimmy, so I just coasted around behind him and ran second. It was still good enough to put us in the redraw and we got left the three pill.”

The third starting position looked promising for Cory after he showed speed in his heat, but disaster struck on the opening lap. In turn three, Cory raced to the bottom lane and made contact with the inside retaining wall, sending his No.97 flipping.

“We got a good initial start in the Feature and just cuffed the wall in turn three and flipped,” Cory explained. “I was trying to drive off the blocks and then let the car go to the top of turn four because there was some good stuff there that I saw when we were driving around under the four wide. That was totally self-inflicted.”

Up Next

All three Team Turner Racing cars will be back in action on Friday, July 6 at Ohsweken Speedway for Frankie Turkey Memorial night and plan to compete again on Saturday, July 7 with the Southern Ontario Sprints at Brighton Speedway. For more information on Team Turner Racing, visit www.TeamTurnerRacing.ca.

SEASON STATS
11 Jamie Turner – 7 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 2 Top-10s
91 Ryan Turner – 7 Starts: 0 Wins, 4 Top-5s, 6 Top-10s
97 Cory Turner – 9 Starts: 1 Win, 6 Top-5s, 6 Top-10s

TEAM TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/TeamTurnerRacing
Twitter: @11TeamTurner19
YouTube: Youtube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Team Turner Racing mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Turner” to be added to the list.

TEAM TURNER PARTNERS

Team Turner Racing is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2018 race season, including KT Tobacco, Charlie-Bee Honey, Mudcat Entertainment Centre, Braemar Building Systems, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Gale's Auto Aftermarket, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Malabar Super Spice, V&R Recycling, Country Event Services, JNE Recovery, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Total Coatings, KT Gas & Convenience, Six Nations Bingo, Silo Wireless, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Truck Toppers, iC Super Computers, Silverdale Gun Club, Bryan's Farm Supply, Beamer Farms, The Powerhouse, Hitchman Trailers, Barlow Farms, Mac Tools, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, JLB Mobile Mechanical, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Mayhew Graphics, ImageFactor.ca, and Clayton Johns Media.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26224.msg118791#msg118791
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats