Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cadillac Racing Team Konica Minolta to Start Fourth at Road America  (Read 1069 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Cadillac Racing Team Konica Minolta to Start Fourth at Road America

Cadillac V-Performance Racing team Konica Minolta Cadillac will start the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Continental Tire Road Race Showcase from the second-row tomorrow. The Mustang Sampling Cadillac will start seventh with the Whelen Engineering Cadillac going away from the grid in ninth.

Renger Van Der Zande had the wheel of the No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R for the 15-minute qualifying session around the 4-mile, 14-turn undulating Road America circuit. He was able to post a time of 1:52.430 that will have him and Jordan Taylor starting from the second row for the 2:30 p.m. ET green flag.

"Qualifying was OK - I gave everything and I think this was the maximum possible," Van Der Zande said. "I tried a few other things - like out braking myself here, brake a bit deeper there, go throttle earlier, change around a little bit of the style - which worked out really well at some points for lap two, and by lap three the tires were used up. So, I think it was a very short window as far as where we could do the lap time. We'll make it a nice race tomorrow."

Joao Barbosa is back in the No. 5 Mustang Sampling Cadillac DPi-V.R after recovering from a cycling accident. He put in a lap of 1:52.867 that will have he and Filipe Albuquerque starting seventh.

"It feels really good to be back and driving again," Barbosa said.
"The splint or my wrist isn't bothering me too much, so everything is going very well on that side. The qualifying run was really practice for the race since we did the best we could. We are learning a little bit every session. I think I got everything I could from the car during qualifying. We have a better race car than a qualifying car. We will have to explore the track, the set-up, tires, and the car to see if we can get it done."

In the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R Eric Curran drove to a lap time of 1:53.257 that will have him and teammate Felipe Nasr starting ninth.

"Overall, I think we have a really good Whelen Cadillac for the race tomorrow," Curran said. "This place is a tough race track and it's all about how your car is going to be on the long run during the race. I think we are in a really good place with the car for a long run. I just kept banging off the same laps for the entire 15-minutes so that is a good sign of what type of car we have tomorrow. We aren't the fastest, but we still have a fast Whelen Cadillac that you will be looking for at the end of the runs which is where we really need to be quick."

The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., will be televised live on FS1 starting at 2:30 p.m. ET.

Cadillac DPi-V.R 2018 Results
Track Drivers Qualify Finish Points
Daytona Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa
Christian Fittipaldi 3 1   
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 7 2   
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 1 15   
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier
Eddie Cheever III 5 20   
Sebring Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa
Christian Fittipaldi 8 10 3 (56)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 5 3 1 (62)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 10 2 7 (48) 
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier
Eddie Cheever III 1 12 11 (30)
Long Beach Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 5 1 35 (1)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 2 7 32 (2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 6 3 16 (4)
Mid-Ohio Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 6 4 119
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 12 8 109
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4 5 104
Detroit Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 4 6 144
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 6 1 144
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 7 5 130
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier 12 13 48
Watkins Glen Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi
Gabby Chaves 14 6 169 (1)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 11 7 168 (2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 8 5 156 (4)
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier 12 11 68 (24)
CTMP Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi 11 4 197
(2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4 2 188
(3)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 12 3 198
(1)
Road America Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 7     
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4     
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 9   

Elkhart Lake, Wis., August 4, 2018

Cadillac Racing Team Konica Minolta to Start Fourth at Road America

Cadillac V-Performance Racing team Konica Minolta Cadillac will start the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Continental Tire Road Race Showcase from the second-row tomorrow. The Mustang Sampling Cadillac will start seventh with the Whelen Engineering Cadillac going away from the grid in ninth.

Renger Van Der Zande had the wheel of the No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R for the 15-minute qualifying session around the 4-mile, 14-turn undulating Road America circuit. He was able to post a time of 1:52.430 that will have him and Jordan Taylor starting from the second row for the 2:30 p.m. ET green flag.

"Qualifying was OK - I gave everything and I think this was the maximum possible," Van Der Zande said. "I tried a few other things - like out braking myself here, brake a bit deeper there, go throttle earlier, change around a little bit of the style - which worked out really well at some points for lap two, and by lap three the tires were used up. So, I think it was a very short window as far as where we could do the lap time. We'll make it a nice race tomorrow."

Joao Barbosa is back in the No. 5 Mustang Sampling Cadillac DPi-V.R after recovering from a cycling accident. He put in a lap of 1:52.867 that will have he and Filipe Albuquerque starting seventh.

"It feels really good to be back and driving again," Barbosa said.
"The splint or my wrist isn't bothering me too much, so everything is going very well on that side. The qualifying run was really practice for the race since we did the best we could. We are learning a little bit every session. I think I got everything I could from the car during qualifying. We have a better race car than a qualifying car. We will have to explore the track, the set-up, tires, and the car to see if we can get it done."

In the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-V.R Eric Curran drove to a lap time of 1:53.257 that will have him and teammate Felipe Nasr starting ninth.

"Overall, I think we have a really good Whelen Cadillac for the race tomorrow," Curran said. "This place is a tough race track and it's all about how your car is going to be on the long run during the race. I think we are in a really good place with the car for a long run. I just kept banging off the same laps for the entire 15-minutes so that is a good sign of what type of car we have tomorrow. We aren't the fastest, but we still have a fast Whelen Cadillac that you will be looking for at the end of the runs which is where we really need to be quick."

The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., will be televised live on FS1 starting at 2:30 p.m. ET.

Cadillac DPi-V.R 2018 Results
Track Drivers Qualify Finish Points
Daytona Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa
Christian Fittipaldi 3 1   
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 7 2   
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 1 15   
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier
Eddie Cheever III 5 20   
Sebring Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa
Christian Fittipaldi 8 10 3 (56)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 5 3 1 (62)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande
Ryan Hunter-Reay 10 2 7 (48) 
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier
Eddie Cheever III 1 12 11 (30)
Long Beach Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 5 1 35 (1)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 2 7 32 (2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 6 3 16 (4)
Mid-Ohio Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 6 4 119
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 12 8 109
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4 5 104
Detroit Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 4 6 144
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 6 1 144
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 7 5 130
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier 12 13 48
Watkins Glen Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi
Gabby Chaves 14 6 169 (1)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr
Mike Conway 11 7 168 (2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 8 5 156 (4)
  Matt McMurry
Tristan Vautier 12 11 68 (24)
CTMP Filipe Albuquerque
Christian Fittipaldi 11 4 197
(2)
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4 2 188
(3)
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 12 3 198
(1)
Road America Filipe Albuquerque
Joao Barbosa 7     
  Jordan Taylor
Renger Van Der Zande 4     
  Eric Curran
Felipe Nasr 9     

Photo credits, Cadillac/Richard Prince.

Renger Van Der Zande, Jordan Taylor

Eric Curran, Felipe Nasr

Filipe Albuquerque, Joao Barbosa

The Cadillac DPi-V.R teams won every title in the inaugural season of the IMSA DPi formula including: Cadillac wins DPi manufacturer championship; Cadillac wins TPNAEC (Tequila PatrĂ³n North American Endurance Cup) manufacturer title; Jordan and Ricky Taylor 2017 IMSA WeatherTech DPi driver champions; Konica Minolta Cadillac team champions; Mustang Sampling Cadillac drivers Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi and Filipe Albuquerque won the TPNAEC DPi driver championship; Mustang Sampling Cadillac won the TPNAEC DPi team championship; Whelen Engineering drivers Dane Cameron and Eric Curran finish second in the driver's championship; Mustang Sampling Cadillac drivers Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi finish third in the driver's championship; Cadillac teams combine to win seven races in 2017: Rolex 24 Hours At Daytona, Twelve Hours of Sebring, Long Beach, Circuit of the Americas, Detroit, Watkins Glen, and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
A leading luxury auto brand since 1902, Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio that features distinctive design and technology. Today Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio featuring distinctive design and technology. More information on Cadillac appears at www.cadillac.com. Cadillac's media website with information, images and video can be found at media.cadillac.com.

Additional information can be viewed at Cadillac.com, GM.com, media.gm.com; Twitter @Cadillac; Facebook, GM, Cadillac.

The Cadillac Racing media guide can be viewed at media.cadillac.com.  For additional information please contact Kyle Chura, kyle@kcapr.com or (248) 821-0468.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26400.msg118967#msg118967
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats