Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Danny O’Brien Wins Ogilvie’s Triple Crown Title At Brockville  (Read 1402 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Danny O’Brien Wins Ogilvie’s Triple Crown Title At Brockville

INVERARY, Ont. – August 8, 2016 – A second-place finish was worth a win for Danny O’Brien during the final leg of the Ogilvie’s 358 Modified Triple Crown series at Brockville Ontario Speedway on Saturday night. The Inverary, Ont. driver finished second in the 60-lap series finale, but won the overall points title.

“It’s great that Ogilvie’s puts on. It’s something the series missed for a long time when they got rid of the Syracuse qualifiers. When they brought back the local 50-lap races around this area, it really helped us out. It’s great to see a sponsor do this,” O’Brien said.

“It’s more money for the racers. I’ve always said the 50 or 60-lap races are the right length and I think the fans really enjoy them.”

The second-place finish followed O’Brien’s fourth-place finish in the mini-series opener on May 28 and a win during the second round on June 25. The three top-five finishes combined were enough to earn him the title.

O’Brien started third for the main event after time trialing second quickest in the third group and winning his heat. It took two-thirds of the race to find the car to his liking. A late charge forward ended with a second-place finish behind eventual winner Kyle Dingwall.

“We started third and ran third or fourth for a long time. We got our momentum going on about lap 40 and started creeping forward,” O’Brien explained. “Kyle probably had the best car. We got to second late. The track was dry, but very racey. There were a lot of lanes and it was a tough race, but a good race.”

The time trial special events often play to O’Brien’s advantage. He enjoys the chance to earn a starting spot at the front of the field instead of the usual handicapping process that puts the fastest cars at the rear of the field.

“You get a better starting spot than 15th, for me anyways. Anytime I can see the front row to start is good,” O’Brien laughed. “I like time trials. It adds a little twist for the fans too, so I think it’s good.”

With four points nights remaining at Brockville, O’Brien has a comfortable lead atop the 358 Modified point standings. The driver nicknamed the ‘Pocket Rocket’ wouldn’t know that himself though.

“I’m not interested,” O’Brien chuckled. “You just keep doing what you’re doing and the points thing looks after itself.”

O’Brien will return to action at Brockville Ontario Speedway Saturday, August 13 for a weekly 35-lap event.

SEASON STATS

Danny O’Brien 2016 Season: 18 Starts – 4 Wins, 16 Top-5s, 18 Top-10s

UP NEXT

August 13 – 358 Modifieds at Brockville Ontario Speedway

FOLLOW DANNY
Facebook: facebook.com/DannyOBrienRacing (@DannyOBrienRacing)

Danny O’Brien’s 2016 DIRTcar 358 Modified season is supported by several dedicated corporate sponsors, including: 1000 Islands RV Centre, ATC World Class Trailers, Bob FM, Ambush, Pat’s Auto Centre, Bicknell Racing Products, Heather-Lynn Topping, Integra Shocks, Northwood 2 Construction, and Snap-On Adam Way.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23174.msg115737#msg115737
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats