Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: LATE RACE TROUBLE FOR RANGER & MOPAR DODGE  (Read 1136 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
LATE RACE TROUBLE FOR RANGER & MOPAR DODGE
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »

September 22, 2018. Andrew Ranger and the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team were in position to capture their third victory of the season this past Saturday at round number 12 of the NASCAR Pinty’s Series taking place at New Hampshire Motor Speedway near Loudon, New Hampshire.  This was the first time Pinty’s Series teams had raced outside of Canada and in the closing stages Ranger was ready to pounce on his opportunity, when mechanical misfortune struck.

Ranger the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team showed good pace through the Friday practice and qualifying sessions and posted the fifth quickest qualifying time.  “I think we’ll be good on the long runs,” said Ranger.

As the green flag waved Ranger began to steadily move the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge forward in the field and by the midway point of the race was running second and right on the rear bumper of the leader. “I tried to get by at one point but he closed the door,” explained Ranger.

Ranger continued to stalk the leader and was waiting for the right moment to push the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge into the top spot. “I could see he was pushing up in a couple of corners and I knew I could get by him,” he stated.

At the ¾ mark of the race there was suddenly trouble with the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge.  Ranger could barely hang on but even with a flat left rear tire managed to guide the car to pit lane and the attention of the team.  The problem was the track bar mount and would send them to the garage early.

Afterwards a frustrated Andrew Ranger shrugged and said, “We had bad luck.  I was just waiting for the right time, I could see that there would be a chance for the win but we didn’t get the chance.  Thanks to the guys for the hard work, we’ll try to come back and get another win next week”.

Andrew Ranger and the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team return to action in the season finale this Saturday, September 29that Jukasa Speedway near Hamilton, ON.

Race fans can get more information and follow the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team news during the off-season by going to www.mopar.caand clicking on Motorsports.     

Prepared by, TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com(239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26658.msg119225#msg119225
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: September 24, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats