Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Shane Pecore is Looking for a Strong Run at Brockville’s Northeast Fall National  (Read 1402 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Shane Pecore is Looking for a Strong Run at Brockville’s Northeast Fall Nationals

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

It could very well be the biggest event of his career.

Shane Pecore took the 2014 Sportsman-Modified honours during the 1000 Islands RV DIRTcar Northeast Fall Nationals, but if everything falls into place, a solid finish could net the 23 year-old from St. Andrews, Ontario his first career Mr. DIRTcar Series championship. After an impressive season at Brockville and the track championship at his hometown Cornwall Motor Speedway, the second generation speedster is taking a 23-point lead into the Super Dirt Week satellite events at Brewerton and Weedsport Speedways (near Syracuse, New York), with his sights set on clinching the crown during the Saturday, October 15th season-ending spectacular at The BOS.

“I’ve never really been the type of driver to worry about points; just winning races and getting the best possible finish,” said the youngster. “My focus has changed a bit lately and I’ve become more aware of who is running where in the order. Every position that we can gain on the track is worth a little more in the standings and we’re looking to take as big a cushion as we can into the final show at Brockville.”

The late season events on the calendar have already been very kind to Shane Pecore. He won the Pete Mitchell Memorial at Mohawk International Raceway, finished 7th during the Applefest Shootout at Brighton Speedway and was 5th out of a stellar field of 82 Sportsman-Modified entries during the Outlaw 200 Weekend at Fulton Speedway. The #0 Bicknell Racing Products machine made its way to the winner’s circle a total of 10 times during the 2016 campaign and in addition to the point title, earned the ‘Race for the Cure’ title for a 3 race mini of 100 lap shows at Cornwall Motor Speedway.

“Momentum is an important component of this sport and I’m happy with the position we’ve put ourselves in heading-down the home stretch,” admitted the confident racer. “The hard work we’ve put into our program this season has paid dividends since the first green flag of the year and I think we’re in a good spot to be a contender for the overall title. To have the final race of the play out on a track where we’ve run all season puts our time into a strong position.”

Behind the scenes and at track, Pecore’s equipment is prepared and maintained by the driver himself, his girlfriend Chelsea Periard along with his parents Marcel and Cindy. Shane Pecore would like to thank the team’s sponsors St. Andrews Service Centre, Mister Sew & Sew, Fox/Fastline Racing Shocks, Tru$peed Technical Services & Driver Consulting and NAPA Auto Parts; as well as his family, friends and fans for their support throughout the 2016 season.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23410.msg115973#msg115973
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats