Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

+-

Sponsors Ads

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F1 qualifying results: Lewis Hamilton scores historic pole for British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Source: F1 qualifying results: Lewis Hamilton scores historic pole for British Grand Prix at Silverstone
First pictures: Sebastian Vettel gives F1 'shield' safety device a try

Source: First pictures: Sebastian Vettel gives F1 'shield' safety device a try
Matt Pritiko Continues Podium Streak With Second-Place Finish At Sunset

Matt Pritiko races into turn three as he laid down the second quickest lap in qualifying for the AP Exhaust 100 at Sunset Speedway on Saturday night. (Photo by Derek Smith).   

LONDON, Ont. – August 20, 2017 – Matt Pritiko continued his string of podium finishes with a second-place finish in the AP Exhaust 100 for the APC United Late Model Series at Sunset Speedway on Saturday night. The London, Ont. driver led 31 laps before settling into the second spot in the latter half of the race for his third straight podium effort.

“It was really stout off the initial green,” Pritiko described happily. “I think we past two guys on one lap – one going into the corner, one coming out. Early on, it was a great handling car. I got up to about a seven car-length lead, but I think I just burnt those tires a little too soon.”

Pritiko was strong all day long. He and his team, which included multi-time Sunset champion Stompin’ Tom Walters, made several adjustments to the car throughout the afternoon practice sessions that were disrupted by intermittent rain showers. Nonetheless, Pritiko turned the second fastest lap in qualifying to earn valuable bonus points and qualify for the top-five redraw.

“We were kind of throwing a lot of stuff at it in practice,” Pritiko explained. “We were on some really old tires just trying to get a feel for what the car was going to be like near the end of the race. I think we were fifth or sixth in practice and we knew as soon as we put on some stickers we were going to be in the top-three. We did that and qualified second. The crew did a great job and they’ve done a great job all year.”

Pritiko pulled the third starting spot for the main event in the redraw for the top-five qualifiers. The inside lane position was to his benefit as he quickly raced under second-starting Andy Kamrath on lap three and then used the momentum to drive past polesitter Andrew Gresel for the lead on lap five.

By lap 15, Pritiko had paced the Global Warranty No.21 Toyota to a half straightaway lead over eventual winner Brandon Watson and was looking quite comfortable in front of the field. His lead was erased however in the laps leading up to lap 34 caution. On the ensuing restart, Watson and Pritiko raced side-by-side for the lead. Watson got the better jump up top and took the lead.

Pritiko had a chance to battle with Watson on a couple of restarts, including at lap 43 when the two drivers raced side-by-side for six laps, but Pritiko couldn’t get the same drive off the corners.

“He was getting some really nice jumps on the outside,” Pritiko said. “I could probably get on him a little bit coming out of turn two. Turns one and two were really good corners for us, but three and four he had us all day. I could have a pretty nice corner going in, but he’d have it going out.”

While Pritiko settled into second in the closing laps of the race, he got one final chance to retake the lead when a caution on lap 99 setup a green-white-checkered finish and put the two drivers side-by-side again. The Inside lane didn’t work well enough for Pritiko to take the lead, but he earned a strong second-place finish.

“I thought about dumping him going into turn three on the very last lap,” Pritiko joked. “That’s not how I like to do things. I’d rather come out second than last and have him destroy his car. Both cars are kept at the same shop and we pit beside each other all the time. He was working the outside lane really nicely and unfortunately got the better of us on the last lap. We’ll take a second-place finish.”

Pritiko’s focus now shifts to Monday night where he will strap into a Super Late Model for the first time in a year at Flamboro Speedway’s $5,000-to-win Gold Rush 100. Race time is 7:00pm. Additional event information is available at www.flamborospeedway.ca.

Then, he will head to the biggest event of the season at Jukasa Motor Speedway in Hagersville, Ont. for the Rankin Construction Late Model Summer Shootout. The former Cayuga Motor Speedway has undergone a massive renovation and is now set for its debut event.

“It’s going to be a bad fast race,” Pritiko said. “We were fast there and I know we can go faster than the times we posted there last weekend. I think the race is going to be kind of crazy.”

Qualifying will take place on Saturday, August 26 before a pair of APC United Late Model Series 75-lap Features on Sunday, August 27. For additional information, visit www.jukasamotorspeedway.com.

2017 SEASON STATS
Matt Pritiko – 7 Starts: 0 Wins, 4 Top-5, 6 Top-10s

MATT PRITIKO MEDIA
Facebook: Facebook.com/MattPritiko
Twitter: @MattPritiko
Instagram: @MattPritiko21

PRITIKO’S PARTNERS
Matt Pritiko is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2017 race season, including Global Warranty, NAPA Certfied Bodyshops, Burwell Autobody Ltd., Cadillac Industrial Cleaning, Glencoe Auto Recyclers, SellToWin.com, Aquahydrate and Palasad of London.
Fan Appreciation Night Fuels the Racing Excitement at Peterborough Speedway

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

Not even a brief shower could delay the Hot August Night excitement – Saturday, August 19th – at Canada’s Toughest 3rd of a Mile Paved Oval. The final Summer Toonie/Fan Appreciation Night – presented by Pepsi – featured action with the Jiffy Lube Mini Stock, Trent Lakes Complete Plumbing Renegade Truck, Thunder Car, Organics & Glass Late Model and Ontario Modifieds Racing Series divisions at Peterborough Speedway.

The first feature event of the night was a 15 lapper for the Trent Lakes Complete Plumbing Renegade Trucks, with Stacy Switzer and Stephen Bierworth on the front row. A quick yellow flag flew on the first lap for an incident on the backstretch, with Tim Burke taking the lead on the restart. Former track champion Jack Dallin was looking to grab second spot from Switzer, but couldn’t complete the move. Burke caught the tail-end of the field with 10 laps on the board and held-on for the win. Switzer, Jack Dallin, Jordan Dallin and Carrson Hennessy completed the top 5.

Andy McCann and Neil Hannah brought the Jiffy Lube Mini Stock field to the Great Canadian RV green flag for the 20-lap feature. An early yellow flag slowed things down, but on the restart, it was like Hannah had been shot out of a cannon. The driver of the #23 took a commanding lead, while a 4-car battle for the second position was brewing in his rear-view mirror. Last week’s main event winner Noel Snow looked to the outside line to gain a spot, but his challenge was quickly denied. Hannah took the win over Ryan Oosterholt, Kevin Strutt, Snow and Ember Junkin.

With 30 laps on the table, 2015 track champion Dave Morgan (who was subbing for Bryan Mercer) and Tyler Betts paced the Organics & Glass Late Models from the staging area for their ‘A’ main event. Betts grabbed the advantage from the outside line, with the pack going 4 wide entering the 3rd turn as they chased the leader. Betts started to lap slower cars with 7 circuits on the board, as Dan McHattie and Amanda Balson – the division’s 2 most recent feature winners – took 2nd and 3rd respectively. Betts survived a pair of late race yellow flags to take another main event victory. Balson, McHattie, Paul Maltese and Steve Powell completed the top 5.

A pair of former champions – John Baker Jr. and Robert Warnes – brought the Ontario Modifieds Racing Series to Canada’s Toughest 3rd of a Mile Paved Oval for a 25-lap feature tilt. Baker – who has endured a frustrating season – took the early lead, but proceedings quickly came to halt when a multi-car incident in the 4th turn brought out the red flag before a lap had been scored. All drivers were unhurt, but Duane Cinnamon and Willow Barberstock were unable to continue. Baker maintained control of the field, with Brad Stevenson glued to his rear bumper. After a season plagued by bad luck, J.B.J. collected his first main event win. Stevenson, Mark Gordon, Kendra Adams and Stu Robinson Jr. followed the #63 ride across the line.

Fedele DiBello and Rob Richards were on the front row as the Thunder Car pack rolled to the line for the night’s final main event. DiBello took the lead and looked to have things well in-hand until a yellow flag with 7 laps showing on the scoreboard slowed the pace. Current point leader Anthony DiBello took the lead with 10 circuits complete, with Bailey Jacobs following him into the runner-up spot. The former rookie of the year took the lead on lap 13 and survived a late-race caution flag to take his second win of the season. Anthony DiBello held-on for 2nd, with James Townsend, Brandon Feeney and Dan Price completing the top 5.

Qualifying heat checkered flags went to Tim Burke with a pair in the Trent Lakes Complete Plumbing Renegade Trucks. Noel Snow, Kris Khan with a pair and Ryan Oosterholt with the Jiffy Lube Mini Stocks. Organics & Glass Late Model qualifiers went to Amanda Balson, Tyler Betts and Dan McHattie with a pair. Brad Stevenson, Stu Robinson Jr., Kendra Adams and Duane Cinnamon took the opening rounds of Ontario Modifieds Racing Series action, with Anthony DiBello, Kris Allard, Mark Gordon and Rob Richards grabbing the Thunder Car wins.

All main event finishing positions are unofficial, pending post-race technical inspection.

Bullring bullet points: Admission to the track on Fan Appreciation Night was just $2.00 and Richard Moise of Buckhorn took home $1118.00 as his winner’s share of the Millbrook Legion 50/50 draw…Former go-karter Marlie Owen – who participated in the 2016 OMRS ‘Test a Mod’ day – was on hand to make her first start in the Thunder Car division…On the musical chairs front, Kris Allard took over for Dan Archibald in the #07 Thunder Car, while Mark Gordon steered the #18 from Crowe Brothers Racing…Kendra Adams made her OMRS debut, filling-in for Connor James, who was racing with the Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup Series…As part of the Fan Appreciation Night, the #77 Ontario Modifieds Racing Series team of Brad Stevenson donated a pair of children’s bicycles that were given away in random draws.

This year’s Hot August Night Racing Series continues Saturday, August 26th at Peterborough Speedway. The second-to-last show of the regular season includes the home track Battlefield Equipment Rental 4Fun, Thunder Car and Organics & Glass Late Model divisions; along with the Trailers Plus Eastern Ontario Legends and Ontario Modifieds Racing Series. There will also be kid’s barrel races at intermission. Pit gates open at 3:00, with general admission grandstands unlocked at 5:00 and racing getting underway at 6:00.

Schedule information and the latest news can always be found by logging onto www.peterboroughspeedway.com, by liking the Peterborough Speedway Facebook page or following the track on Twitter. Fans can also download the free app on their Smartphone.

Photo attachment: Morgan Amber Photography

Current point leader Tim Burke (#99) picked-up another Trent Lakes Complete Plumbing Renegade Truck feature win – Saturday, August 19th – at Peterborough Speedway.

Neil Hannah (#23) claimed the Jiffy Lube Mini Stock main event victory – Saturday, August 19th – at Peterborough Speedway.

Tyler Betts (#86) added another Organics & Glass Late Model win to his impressive 2017 statistics – Saturday, August 19th – at Peterborough Speedway.

Crowd favourite John Baker Jr. (#63) earned the Ontario Modifieds Racing Series checkered flag – Saturday, August 19th – at Peterborough Speedway.

It was a strong night for Warsaw, Ontario’s Bailey Jacobs (#60) who picked-up his second Thunder Car win of the year – Saturday, August 19th – at Peterborough Speedway.
V8 Supercars / hincup breaks all-time win record
« Last post by CanadianRacingOnline on August 20, 2017, 12:38:53 PM »
hincup breaks all-time win record

Jamie Whincup became the most successful driver in Supercars history while making a big statement in the chase for his seventh Championship title at the Red Rooster Sydney Supersprint.

Whincup dominated a race of strategy ahead of a ferocious battle pack looking to fill the minor placings to register 106 race wins, now one ahead of his long-time team-mate Craig Lowndes.

“The only problem is Lowndsey will out-drive me, he will be around for another ten years at least,” Whincup said. “I am not getting too excited by the numbers but it was certainly good to get a win.”

His win and Scott McLaughlin’s fourth place reduced the Championship margin to just 12 points in a four-way battle heading into the critical PIRTEK Enduro Cup season of the Wilson Security Sandown 500, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and Vodafone Gold Coast 600.

It became a game of cat and mouse as Whincup held on desperately in the last 10 laps with the Shell V-Power racers making up big ground lap by lap. Only Van Gisbergen came between them as they struggled to get past as Whincup sat out in front.

The three Kiwis went head to head lap after lap but Coulthard couldn’t get around Van Gisbergen soon enough. In the meantime, Whincup had bolted. Eventually Coulthard got around Van Gisbergen, who held on to third, for second.

“It felt good, car was good,” Whincup said.

“I knew it was going to be a good battle at the end but thanks to my team-mate, we look after each other at Red Bull. I thought if Fabs and Chaz got through earlier it would have been on so I put my head down and pushed hard. It’s a good feeling heading into the big season of endurance.”

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MORE IMAGES

Sengled Racing’s Rick Kelly sparked a safety car when a right rear tyre exploded on the front straight, literally ripping the rear end from his Nissan Altima at 250km/h which dictated the race.

The safety car triggered a reshuffle and gave Whincup the lead based on his earlier pit stop. Whincup did not pit on the safety car and pressed on as the majority of the field stopped.

Whincup was second behind Van Gisbergen after the Kiwis second stop. Coulthard and Chaz Mostert had better tyres to plough through the field and into the mix in the closing laps.

“I let Jamie go, he was much quicker but I definitely wasn’t letting Scotty go,” Van Gisbergen said.

“I was slowing up every corner to get a good exit so they couldn’t get me at the next one. I got my bumper beat up a few times but we got there in the end.”

Earlier, McLaughlin immediately made amends for his error in yesterday’s first race with another dominant qualifying performance. He equalled Whincup’s all-time record of 13 ARMOR ALL Pole Positions with his thirteenth award and seventh in a row.

McLaughlin and Van Gisbergen were handed further penalties for their roles in the incidents from yesterday, both ultimately receiving pit lane penalties with 33 seconds added to their race times.

Van Gisbergen was penalised for over-lapping from the restart while McLaughlin, who was initially handed a 15 second penalty for spinning Van Gisbergen, was given an extra 18 second penalty.
Lucky No. 13
Brandon Sheppard leads all 40 laps to claim his 13th Series win this season

http://woolms.com/news/race-reports/267-2017-race-reports/2238-sheppard-snags-win-no-13-at-port-royal

PORT ROYAL, PA- Aug 19, 2017- Brandon Sheppard claimed his 13th win with the World of Outlaws Craftsman® Late Model Series at Port Royal Speedway on Saturday night by leading the field from flag-to-flag during the 40-lap $10,000-to-win event.

"Hats off to my guys," said Sheppard. "They work really hard on this thing to give me a good car. It started getting black there in the groove and we stayed a little bit freed up in the cushion there, so I think a little bit of an adjustment would've been better. It was a little treacherous out there but nothing fell off of the car so good job to the team. I owe it all to them guys."

The Late Model Series appearance at Port Royal was the first in nearly a decade with the last event held in 2008. The Saturday evening shootout was scheduled for racing to start at 7 P.M. but with storms passing through Pennsylvania including the greater Port Royal area, the evening events were shifted to a 10 P.M. start time.

Sheppard started on the outside of pole sitter, Tyler Erb, for the feature but quickly found his way around his fellow Rocket Chassis XR1 driver on the first lap. Erb was able to hold on to second for a few laps before a caution fell on lap 3 for Matt Cosner who slowed on the track. The dixie double-file restart placed Jason Covert, who was running in third at the time, on the bottom and Erb on the top of the half-mile speedway as the field went back to green. Covert then made his move and successfully claimed second from the Outlaw young gun.

Erb was holding a steady third position on the track while fending off charges from Devin Moran and Chris Madden for multiple laps. Unfortunately, bad luck continues to follow the No. 91 First Class Septic machine as he shredded his right rear tire on lap 26 which sidelined him for the remainder of the show.

Due to Erb's retirement from the shootout, Madden inherited the final podium position and began to work on catching Covert and Sheppard. During the last 10 laps of the feature, things began heating up between Sheppard and Covert as the Rocket1's 1.336 second lead was cut down to half of a car length by lap 36.

Just one lap later, as the pair raced down the front stretch and into turn one, Nick Dickson got caught in the mix and jumped the cushion which sent him through the air completing a 360 flip. Although his ride took a toll, Dickson walked away uninjured from the red flag incident.

After the restart, Sheppard pulled away from Covert's and Madden's grasp as he created a 1.836 difference between him and the field by the wave of the checkered flag.

"Half-miles haven't been my best tracks but my team has stuck behind me and they are really good support for me," said Sheppard. "They put it all on me to get the job done and it's been a big learning curve this year. I feel like we have made leaps and bounds on the half-miles so that's good for me. Josh [Richards] was always good at [half-miles] so I had some big shoes to fill but I am getting better and I am hoping for a good rest of the season."

All season Sheppard has been working to step out of his predecessor's shoes in the Rocket 1 House Car. Sheppard has seamlessly filled the position in the Rocket1 as he currently leads the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series Standings by 256 points. Additionally, with 13 wins in the books so far this season, Sheppard has potential to catch single season wins record of 18. The record was set last year by the 2016 Series Champion, Richards.

The World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series has 12 more races on schedule for the 2017 season. The Series next race is Sunday, Aug. 20 at Eriez Speedway in Erie, PA.

Port Royal Speedway Results:

Craftsman Club Feature: 1. 1- Brandon Sheppard[2]; 2. 72- Jason Covert[3]; 3. 44- Chris Madden[7]; 4. 7- Rick Eckert[11]; 5. 11- Austin Hubbard[9]; 6. 9- Devin Moran[5]; 7. 43a- Mason Zeigler[13]; 8. 3v- Kyle Hardy[12]; 9. 2J- Jeff Rine[8]; 10. 0- Dale Hollidge[15]; 11. 18- Eric Wells[10]; 12. 55- Gary Stuhler[22]; 13. 17- Nick Dickson[19]; 14. 91- Tyler Erb[1]; 15. 0f- Coleby Frye[6]; 16. 2- Dan Stone[18]; 17. 76- Andy Haus[20]; 18. 3- Tim Wilson[21]; 19. '06- Mike Lupfer[25]; 20. 25- Shane Clanton[23]; 21. 111- Matt Lux[16]; 22. 14m- Morgan Bagley[4]; 23. 66c- Matt Cosner[14]; 24. H1- Jared Miley[17]; 25. 1*- Chub Frank[24]

For complete results from the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series event at Port Royal Speedway visit the results page.

The World of Outlaws Craftsman® Late Model Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including: Arizona Sport Shirts (Official Apparel Company), Textron Off Road (Official Side-by-Side Vehicle), Craftsman (Official Tool), Extended Stay America (Official Hotel), Hoosier Racing Tire (Official Tire), Morton Buildings (Official Building), Sears (Official Home Store),  The Kenny Wallace Dirt Racing Experience (Official Racing Experience, VP Racing Fuels (Official Racing Fuel) and DirtonDirt.com (Hard Charger Award); in addition to contingency sponsors, including: Cometic Gasket, Comp Cams, Edelbrock, JE Pistons, JRI Shocks, MSD, Penske Shocks, QA1, QuarterMaster, Superflow Dynos and Wrisco Aluminum (Exclusive Racing Aluminum); along with manufacturer sponsors, including: Capital Race Cars, Integra Shocks, Impact Racing Products, Intercomp, Racing Electronics, Rocket Chassis and TNT Rescue.
Outlaws / Jason Johnson Goes Flag-to-Flag at Red River Valley
« Last post by CanadianRacingOnline on August 20, 2017, 12:34:14 PM »
Jason Johnson Goes Flag-to-Flag at Red River Valley

Johnson scores third victory; K. Madsen and Stewart complete podium

WEST FARGO, ND - August 19, 2017 - Jason Johnson started on the outside of the front row, took command down the backstretch on the opening circuit and never looked back to score his third win of the season Saturday at Red River Valley Speedway. Johnson survived heavy traffic and multiple restarts to pick up the popular victory. Australian Kerry Madsen and Shane Stewart completed the podium.

Johnson got the jump on pole-sitter Kraig Kinser and established a healthy advantage before a caution for a slowing Jamie Veal on lap four. On the ensuing restart, Dominic Scelzi and Brent Marks took a wild ride on the front stretch. Both drivers were uninjured in the accident.
Stewart got underneath Kraig Kinser for second and began chasing down Johnson as lapped traffic intensified. Kerry Madsen began his charge on the bottom of the racing surface as he surged by both Kinser and Thomas Kennedy to move into third.

Johnson battled with the slower car of David Gravel, allowing Stewart and Madsen to close in. Once Johnson cleared Gravel, he re-extended his lead and drove away from the field for the victory.
"My guys never give up. During the 'Month of Money', the tracks got a little slick and we struggled a bit. But this is my type of race track. Cowboy up," an elated Johnson said upon climbing out of his Priority Aviation, Mesilla Valley Transportation backed No. 41.

"With the World of Outlaws, these guys are so tough night in and night out, to win one of these races speaks magnitudes about this team," Johnson reiterated.

Kerry Madsen praised his team once again after landing on the podium for the second consecutive night. "It was a fun race, bouncing around and driving hard," the hard-nosed Australian said.

Shane Stewart, who is now the new track record holder at the Red River Valley Speedway, came home third after grappling with pesky lapped traffic. "Quick time, which I'm usually not, a new track record, which is cool, and a podium finish. We'll just carry this on to tomorrow and hopefully keep the momentum going," the Bixby, OK native said following his strong, consistent evening.

Kinser and Donny Schatz completed the top five. Tim Kaeding was the KSE Hard Charger. Clyde Knipp scored his first career top-ten with the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series with a 9th place finish.

Sunday night the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series concludes a three-race swing through North Dakota in Minot at the Nodak Speedway. For more information on Sunday's event click here. 

ABBREVIATED RACE RESULTS FROM : Red River Valley Speedway -  August 19, 2017
Feature (30 Laps)
41-Jason Johnson [2][$10,000]; 2. 2M-Kerry Madsen [6][$5,500]; 3. 2-Shane Stewart [3][$3,200]; 4. 11K-Kraig Kinser [1][$2,800]; 5. 15-Donny Schatz [7][$2,500]; 6. 17-Jac Haudenschild [8][$2,300]; 7. 21K-Thomas Kennedy [4][$2,200]; 8. 49-Brad Sweet [5][$2,100]; 9. 13-Clyde Knipp [12][$2,050]; 10. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild [10][$2,000]; 11. 9-Daryn Pittman [14][$1,500]; 12. 7S-Jason Sides [9][$1,200]; 13. 1S-Logan Schuchart [16][$1,100]; 14. 3-Tim Kaeding [22][$1,050]; 15. 18-Ian Madsen [13][$1,000]; 16. 5-David Gravel [21][$900]; 17. 24-Terry McCarl [15][$800]; 18. 4-Paul McMahan [19][$800]; 19. 35-Jamie Veal [18][$800]; 20. 7T-Trent Stengl [24][$800]; 21. 13JT-Mark Dobmeier [17][$800]; 22. 41S-Dominic Scelzi [11][$800]; 23. 19-Brent Marks [20][$800]; 24. 1A-Jacob Allen [23][$800]

Lap Leaders: Jason Johnson 1-30
KSE Hard Charger Award: 3-Tim Kaeding[+8]

Unofficial World of Outlaws Craftsman® Sprint Car Series Championship Standings
Pos. Car Driver Total Diff Wins Top 5's Top 10's
1 15 Donny Schatz 7980 0 17 45 51
2 49 Brad Sweet 7888 -92 4 42 51
3 5 David Gravel 7810 -170 12 31 48
4 9 Daryn Pittman 7484 -496 1 16 38
5 2 Shane Stewart 7448 -532 4 18 40
6 41 Jason Johnson 7332 -648 3 16 34
7 93 Sheldon Haudenschild 7076 -904 0 9 27
8 11k Kraig Kinser 7066 -914 1 6 22
9 1S Logan Schuchart 6898 -1082 4 9 18
10 7S Jason Sides 6862 -1118 0 8 20
11 4 Paul McMahan 6794 -1186 0 3 16
12 19 Brent Marks 6776 -1204 0 1 14
13 W20 Greg Wilson 6474 -1506 0 5 15
14 1A Jacob Allen 5764 -2216 0 0 3
15 13 Clyde Knipp 5408 -2572 0 0 1
16 51 Joey Saldana 5046 -2934 0 4 11
17 18 Ian Madsen 4378 -3602 1 5 17
18 21 Brian Brown 3598 -4382 1 11 15
19 2M Kerry Madsen 3320 -4660 4 14 20
20 2X Parker Price-Miller 3080 -4900 1 1 4

TO SEE FULL RESULTS FROM: Red River Valley Speedway- August 19, 2017, Click Here

The World of Outlaws Craftsman® Sprint Car Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including: Craftsman (Official Tool), Arctic Cat (Official Side-by-Side Recreational Vehicle), Extended Stay America (Official Hotel), Hoosier Racing Tire (Official Tire), Morton Buildings (Official Building), Sears (Official Home Store), The Kenny Wallace Dirt Racing Experience (Official Racing Experience) and VP Racing Fuels (Official Racing Fuel); in addition to contingency sponsors, including: Cometic Gasket, COMP Cams, Edelbrock, JE Pistons, KSE Racing Products, MSD and Superflow Dynos; along with manufacturer sponsors, including: Impact Racing Products, Intercomp, Racing Electronics, and TNT Rescue.
Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas hit with five-place grid penalty for British GP at Silverstone

Source: Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas hit with five-place grid penalty for British GP at Silverstone
Grall, Jameson take advantage of yellow at Plymouth Speedway
PLYMOUTH (AUGUST 19, 2017) –A caution on lap 13 gave Plymouth’s Tom Grall all the momentum he needed to take the lead from Gary’s Randy Lambert in the Thunder Stock series at Plymouth Speedway Saturday night.

Lambert finished second, and Wade Clemmons of Hobart was third. Fourth was Clint Hall of Fowler and finishing fifth was Chad McLean of Hobart.

“Randy was hard to pass, but we’re glad to be up here,” Grall said of his first-place finish.

In the Modified race, Rensselaer’s Devin Wright and Lake Village’s Jamie Lomax drew a red flag when their cars got tangled during a caution on Lap 1. Racing resumed about 15 minutes later, only for another caution entering turn 2 involving several cars. It was green-flag racing for another five laps, until another caution came out. Bradley Jameson of Logansport maintained the lead through yet another caution in Turn 4 that took out Valparaiso’s Frank Marshall and Lake Village’s Jamie Lomax. Marshall, starting 14th, was hard-charging to the front and in fourth when a crash collected him.

A few more cautions caused a maximum time restraint to get the race in, and at 12 laps and 40 minutes, the green flag waved, albeit very quickly, as a caution came out on lap 14. That gave the checkers to Jameson; second going to Mitch Bailey; third Darek Snyder; fourth Roger Cavness and fifth Josh Knebel.

“I was just hoping to run the whole 25 laps, but it feels good to get a win,” Jameson said, thanking his family and friends for coming out to the track.

Other results include:
Street  Stocks – first Joshua Frye, Ravenna, Mich.; second Ron Wilkes, Lowell; third Bob McLean, Hobart; fourth Shane Pendleton; fifth Shaun Wiltjer, Gary.
600 Minis – first Blake Lamb, Warsaw; second B-Ray Kinzer; third Ed Cleveland, Plymouth; fourth Chad Hartzell, Granger; fifth Jeff Henson, North Manchester.
Pro Spirints – first Garrett Saunders, Lakeville; second Zane DeVault, Plymouth; third Eric Saunders, Lakeville; fourth Michael Summers, Warsaw; fifth Eli Lakin, Buchanan, Mich.
Mini Wedge – first Ryin Zelmer, EauClaire, Mich.; second Jake Rush, Lakeville; third Clinton Hunter, Kokomo; fourth Cade Rush, Lakeville; fifth Braydan Erickson, Muskegon, Mich.
Next Saturday, Aug. 26 will be the “John Stone Memorial Night” event at Plymouth Speedway. Gates open at 4 p.m.; racing starts at 7p.m. Kids 5 and under are free; 6-12 are $5 and adults are $12. Pit passes are $30. The following week, racing will take a break for Blueberry Festival weekend, Sept. 2. Saturday, Sept. 9 is final points (championship) night. Rounding out the season Sept. 15 and 16 will be World Series of Dirt events and Sept. 23 and 24 are Monster Truck Throw Downs. The awards banquet at Swan Lake will be held Saturday, Jan. 18.

Visit www.plymouthspeedway.net for more. Also visit Plymouth Speedway on Facebook for the latest event information, updates and photos
Dramatic run earns Sato pole position for ABC Supply 500
LONG POND, Pennsylvania (Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017) - Regarded for a fearless demeanor on the racetrack, Takuma Sato showed it again in winning the Verizon P1 Award during ABC Supply 500 qualifying at Pocono Raceway.

The Andretti Autosport driver put together two spine-tingling laps at 219.639 mph to earn the pole position for Sunday's 500-mile race on the 2.5-mile triangular oval. The ABC Supply 500 is the 14th of 17 races in the intensely competitive 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series season.

ABC SUPPLY 500: Qualifying results

Sato was the final driver to make a qualifying attempt, going out just after teammate Ryan Hunter-Reay crashed on the warmup lap before his own attempt. Sato, the reigning Indianapolis 500 winner, put aside any reservations to collect his second pole position of 2017 and the seventh of his eight-year Verizon IndyCar Series career.

"Yes, it made me nervous," Sato said. "Ryan and I share a lot of philosophy and setup. What happens to him is what could happen to me, too.

"Basically, (my) engineer just went through (as much) data as possible at that particular moment and we backed off a little bit (of) front wing to a little bit secure the rear. ... I got a good feeling on that warmup lap and I couldn't believe it.

"Obviously, the engineers and guys did an incredible job. What an incredible achievement for Andretti Autosport."

Sato's run in the No. 26 Andretti Autosport Honda knocked reigning Verizon IndyCar Series champion Simon Pagenaud from the top qualifying spot. Pagenaud settled for second in the No. 1 DXC Technology Team Penske Chevrolet, with a two-lap averages of 219.395 mph.

"Almost. We were just a little short," Pagenaud said. "Actually, the DXC Technology Chevrolet was very enjoyable. The balance was perfect.

"Starting position here isn't quite what it is at some other places since the race is 500 miles. A lot of things can happen, but the good thing is that the car has good balance and worked well in traffic during the morning session. I think we'll have a good car for the race."

Chip Ganassi Racing drivers Charlie Kimball and Tony Kanaan locked up the second row in qualifying. Kimball was third in the No. 83 Tresiba Honda (219.369 mph), with Kanaan fourth in the No. 10 NTT Data Honda (219.012 mph).

"I honestly didn't expect our run to be that good," Kimball said. "I'm really proud of that effort from the whole crew. Everyone from Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing really put their heads down between practice and qualifying and made some pretty significant changes that put us right there in the window."

Championship leader Josef Newgarden of Team Penske qualified 14th in the No. 2 Fitzgerald Glider Kits Chevrolet (217.235 mph). Newgarden leads teammate Helio Castroneves by seven points and Chip Ganassi Racing's Scott Dixon by eight points heading into Sunday's race.

Hunter-Reay was among three drivers unable to complete qualifications attempts who will start from the rear of the 22-car grid on Sunday. Driving the No. 28 DHL Honda, Hunter-Reay spun exiting Turn 3 on his warmup lap, with the left side of the car making hard contact with the SAFER Barrier before it slid down the track and made secondary contact with the inside wall on the front straight.

Hunter-Reay limped to the INDYCAR medical response vehicle with help from the Holmatro Safety Team. After being evaluated at the track's infield care center by Dr. Geoffrey Billows, INDYCAR medical director, Hunter-Reay was transported by ground to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest for further evaluation. INDYCAR will issue updates to Hunter-Reay's condition when they are available.

Castroneves lost control of his No. 3 Hitachi Team Penske Chevrolet heading into Turn 1 on the first lap of his qualifying attempt. The car's left side made hard contact with the SAFER Barrier, but Castroneves walked away uninjured. The Brazilian veteran will start from the outside of Row 10 in Sunday's race.

Team owner/driver Ed Carpenter crashed in nearly the same place as Hunter-Reay in Turn 3 during morning practice. Carpenter was not injured. The No. 20 Fuzzy's Vodka Chevrolet sustained significant left-side damage that the crew was unable to repair in time to put the car into the qualifying technical inspection line. Carpenter did not make a qualifying attempt and will start last in the race.

Sunday's race will be the 24th for Indy cars at Pocono Raceway dating to 1971. Live coverage begins at 2 p.m. ET on NBCSN and the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10