Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: $5000 TO WIN "CHASSIS CHALLENGE" RETURNS TO HISTORIC ELDORA  (Read 1862 times)

Offline fastrakpr

• Pit Crew
[size=10p]$5000 TO WIN FASTRAK “Chassis Challenge” Returns To Historic Eldora Speedway[/size]

Carnesville, GA (July 20)  “WORLD FAMOUS” Eldora Speedway, now owned by NASCAR driver & team owner, Tony Stewart, will host the 2nd Annual FASTRAK Racing Series “Chassis Challenge” on July 31st and August 1st. Also on the schedule will be the Traditional, Non-Winged Sprint Cars for late model fans to enjoy.

Last year, driver Ed Dixon, of Washington MO, won the race at Eldora, but car builder C. J. Rayburn did not win the “Chassis Challenge” CUP, because he failed to enter the competition. Second place finisher, Royce Bray, brought home the “Chassis Challenge” CUP and its first place prize of $1000, to Warrior Racing Chassis owner, Sanford Goddard.

“I had been to Eldora one time before in an old late model, but was not very competitive,” stated Royce Bray. “I enjoyed the chassis challenge, because it gave me a chance to talk to the chassis builder while we were setting the car up for the event. Not just a phone conversation across country or Monday after the race is over.”

The event win alone is worth a cool $5000 to the winning driver, but to the winning chassis builder, this can be a huge marketing boost, and mean future revenue and long term business.

“I almost didn’t enter, but it was a lot of fun,” said Sanford Goddard, from the Warrior Chassis Shop in Knoxville, TN, current location of the FASTRAK “Chassis Challenge” CUP. “It’s an attention getter, lots of visitors ask about it when they see it. Now I’m glad FASTRAK talked me into entering last year. Royce did a great job driving and I’m looking forward to being there this year as well.”
The opportunity to win the FASTRAK “Chassis Challenge” CUP will only cost the chassis builder’s half as much as last year. The entry fee has dropped from $500, to $250 for the chassis builders, making it a little easier for the smaller chassis manufactures to take a chance at winning the CUP over the big named dirt late model builders.

Several chassis builders are already on board for the 2009 FASTRAK “Chassis Challenge” CUP event at month’s end, so make sure you talk to your chassis builder, then get them to enter for the bragging rights and exciting fun of running Eldora.
Larry Kemp and the Eldora Speedway folks have a Classic Car Cruise-In scheduled for Friday Night during the FASTRAK Late Model and Non-Winged Sprint Car warm-ups. Loads of old cars, trucks and a few antiques, plus, a 50’s and 60’s Dance will happen after practice in the Ballroom from 9pm till Midnight for a $5 cover charge.

Look for more information on the FASTRAK Autograph session to be held at the Greenville, OH, Wal-Mart, benefiting the local Children’s Miracle Network. Limited space will be available for the displays this year, but drivers are encouraged to set time aside to benefit a great cause and help their sponsors promote their products and services. Also, every participating chassis builder has been invited to hold a trackside seminar for the racers early Saturday morning.

To become part of the autograph session, display your rig & race car, or give a chassis, shock or other race related seminar, call FASTRAK at 678-935-7304.

Partners of the FASTRAK Racing Series Include: Goodyear Racing, GM Performance Parts, Sunoco Race Fuels, City Chevrolet, Heintz Performance, Vicci Apparel, RaceCeiver, Schoenfeld Headers, VP Racing Fuels, OldMansGarage.com, Mastersbilt Race Cars, Team GRT, T.N.T.Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, and Beyea Headers.

Become a partner today, contact Ashley Milford at 678-935-7304 for annual partnership packages or single event pricing.

*THE FASTRAK DIRT LATE MODEL SERIES is based on the GM crate engine program using both the 602 and 604 engine types. All teams utilize Goodyear Racing Tires as the “spec tire” allowing team’s tremendous savings in both engine and tire expense. The National Championship of the FASTRAK RACING SERIES is one of the largest in the United States, with 12 Regions, involving drivers from 32 states. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10143.msg70263#msg70263
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:33:07 PM by fastrakpr »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats