Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: RANGER WINS POLE, FINISHES RUNNER UP AT TROIS-RIVIERES  (Read 590 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
RANGER WINS POLE, FINISHES RUNNER UP AT TROIS-RIVIERES
« on: August 14, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »

August 13, 2017. Andrew Ranger and the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team continued their incredible record of performance at the Grand Prix of Trois-Rivieres in round number nine of the NASCAR Pinty’s Series this past Sunday.  Ranger claimed his fourth pole position at the event and finished runner up to maintain an amazing string of success on the street circuit.

The #27 Mopar Parts wasn’t the quickest during practice so the team went to work and made several changes and then Ranger did his part piloting the car and posting the quickest time of the day to earn pole position for the fourth time at Trois-Rivieres and the 22nd time in his career.  “The team did a great job, we had a little problem and they gave me a great car,” said Ranger.

When the green flag waved for the 50-lap event Sunday afternoon Ranger launched his #27 Mopar Parts Dodge into the lead and set a comfortable pace while maintaining his spot out front.  Ranger would lead the first 27 of the 50 scheduled laps.

On lap 28 Ranger would drop back one position but maintain touch with the leader.  “The #18 had a fast car and he made a good move to get by me,” said Ranger.  “So I stayed close to look for an opportunity to get back in front,” he added.

The race would slow four times for caution and the final yellow flag would send the race into overtime.  Ranger pushed for an opportunity to get his #27 Mopar Parts Dodge back in front but when the checkered flag waved would settle for second spot.  “The brakes were getting a little soft and I was a bit concerned,” said the driver.  “And on the green, white checker I spun the tires and didn’t get a good start” he said after.  “Second again.  I really wanted to win but it’s a good second place and a good day for the team.  Great job by the #27 Mopar team”.

Andrew Ranger and the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team will be back in action this coming Saturday August 19th at Riverside International Raceway

Race fans can get more information and follow the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team news during the off-season by going to www.mopar.ca and clicking on Motorsports.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24851.msg117417#msg117417
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: August 14, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats