Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Wednesday Special at KD  (Read 10680 times)

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
Re: Wednesday Special at KD
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 09:54:37 PM »
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 09:54:37 PM »

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 10:26:39 PM »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 11:56:07 PM »
Well I was hoping that I wouldn't log in and see that once again a night of racing was cancelled way too early.  But (sigh) it looks like the weather was not what was anticipated so the night of racing could go on.  Why not step up like the owner at CCS did for those that travelled for the ACT event and if the night gets rained out after the teams get there cover some of their costs to get there?  And as for the season pass situation I know right now I will not reknew for next season without some type of compensation for all the rain outs.  When the idea first came up of the season pass I worked it out that to reclaim my $200 value I would have to attend the Sizzler and the NCATS race ( cost of $50 for both i was guessing at the price at that time) then that meant I would only have to attend 8 nights of regular racing.  So based on the recent weather in the past weeks I'm expecting we will get rained out for half of the remaining nights so that means I will actually end up paying more for a regular nights racing then someone just showing up for the night and buying a ticket.  Seems like there is no deal on buying a season pass if you ask me.  Sad part is I know not to go up to Derek and say anything to him as he feels he knows everything more then anyone else.  Too bad Kawartha you just lost not 1 but 4 season passes for next year as people I usually go to the races with were seeing what happened this year with my season pass to see if they would buy one next year.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50670#msg50670

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 11:56:07 PM »

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 12:29:48 AM »
Give them a bit of a break on the season pass thing. See if they come up with something for you guys before the end of the season. They have been known to make things right...

For cancelling a Wednesday night early, its not the worst. I didn't have to take off work early, only to get rained out and end up working late on Friday...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50674#msg50674
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 02:34:53 AM »
I'll give them a break on the season pass thing if and when they do something to make up for it.  However I booked every Friday night off this summer and Wednesday night so that I could travel in from Toronto to watch the races.

May i suggest you ease up on the Legends series, they work just as hard on their cars during the week as you do??  They put on a race just like every other division at Kawartha.  They are not my favorite either but still give them credit for getting in their cars and riding around only a few inches from the ground.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50676#msg50676

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »
I'll give them a break on the season pass thing if and when they do something to make up for it.  However I booked every Friday night off this summer and Wednesday night so that I could travel in from Toronto to watch the races.

May i suggest you ease up on the Legends series, they work just as hard on their cars during the week as you do??  They put on a race just like every other division at Kawartha.  They are not my favorite either but still give them credit for getting in their cars and riding around only a few inches from the ground.

I'm sure Kawartha will make it right for you, you are not the sort of fan they can afford to lose.

As a better explaination of my issue with the legends...

You cannot get away from them. Other series comparable to legends such as pro challenge and cup lites, do not run the same number of times at any track. I would enjoy the legends ONCE, but you cannot avoid them. I remeber a few years back, I went to Brighton, and guess who was running, the Legends.. I avoid Peterborough because of them, but then they show up wherever I go....

Take the ACT weekend at Kawartha for example. On Saterday, the legends ran at Mosport with the OSSCAR series. THEN THE NEXT DAY with the ACT series. I had to suffer with them both times (these were the only races I got to watch this year in their entrieity, because I was not running). Twice in one weekend, on top of real traveling series!! They can't draw a crowd of their own, so they try to take attention there for another reason.

Only the legends series is this pushy, and make themselves unavoidable

Now this year. They ran earlier in the year at mosport. As always with the legends, their feature was full of yellows from stupid spins. It took forever. Thunder feature was up next. Because of their stupid little show taking so long, we couldn't get the Thunder feature in before the rain. Cost to me $150-$175... Kawartha didn't get the 50 lap thunder feature in Wednesday, and can't put it next week because the shedule is full with legends (the legends are still running at Peterborought the next night)!! As you may or may not know the 50 lap features pay about double. Cost to me $100-120. Total on the year, $250-$295. You are a bit mad over your season pass, understandable, but look at the legends cost to me....

How can they run so much? Unlike every other class from 4-funs to Lates, who actually spend the week working on our cars, Legends are go carts in boxes. You buy all your parts from a dealer, who ownes the series. Some guys even buy complete cars, that the dealer maintains for them. What you are looking at is a go cart club for adults, with a series promoter/dealer that is buying as much track time as he can get, to increase his sales of cars and parts. It takes track time away from real track series, and real traveling series, and is boring the fans. If i could just avoid them I would, they make it so I can't. So I'm just telling it as I see it.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50683#msg50683

Offline slowel

• Series Owner
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 12:35:04 PM »
People that run classes above you think the same of you!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50687#msg50687

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »
People that run classes above you think the same of you!

LOL.. Its funny what fans think sometimes ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50692#msg50692

SpencerLewis

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »
so no chance of reschedulign the wendesday event, eh?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50705#msg50705

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »
so no chance of reschedulign the wendesday event, eh?

When? Friday after the 22th is 100 for LLM, week after that a thunder 50, next week fan appreciation, then late model 100. And thats the season....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50712#msg50712

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »
Ross, that is a great expalanation of the Legends. I am not a fan of them either and don't know of any who are. I don't agree with the bashing so much, it's not their fault they race all the time. I didn't realize they did race so much and your expalantion as to why says alot. How many dates do they have this year?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50714#msg50714

SpencerLewis

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 04:16:31 PM »
its amazing how short an already short season can become when you toss in 4 or 5 rainouts

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50715#msg50715

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 04:41:53 PM »
Ross, that is a great expalanation of the Legends. I am not a fan of them either and don't know of any who are. I don't agree with the bashing so much, it's not their fault they race all the time. I didn't realize they did race so much and your expalantion as to why says alot. How many dates do they have this year?

20 dates.... 3 times Kawartha, 2 times Mosport.

They can race everyday for all I care, just get out of the way. OSCAAR I beleive adds to the night, legends umm no.

I feel compfortable bashing their racing because they really have no regard for others racing. Take the ACT show that they came to on Sunday at Kawartha. All execpt for a few legends teams were packed and on the road before the ACT race started. Force everyone to watch your crap, then have so little regard for real racing that you leave? Well thats how I feel about them, unfortunatly they never run last, so I could be packed and out of there, if they did they would be racing for empty stands...

Rent Mosport's cart track/small road course. They probably would work great there. They don't because they know no one would show up to see them (funny thing is I would actually like to see that myself). Put OSCAAR on the same track (not practical but for argument sake), which would attract fans, and they would be all over it, like a fly to crap...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50718#msg50718

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 06:57:58 PM »
You've made some really valid points here.  ;) I guess enough points to justify the bashing. The cars are loud and slow which is a horrible mix. They have too many one car spin cautions and MOST of the races are formula one style. Few passes. They also have little use for the other classes as you have pointed out. Can anyone name one Legend driver that has moved up? There may be a couple but I don't know one. And I know quite a few people that WILL NOT go to the races if they are on the card. I've proposed ( not to the series, just on this board )in the past that the travelling series get together and have a travelling show. Get the Can-Am midgets, Pro Challenge, Legends and the Vintage Modifieds to join forces and tour the tracks as a package. They all travel to most of the tracks alone anyways. If they did this, the regular drivers could get the night off to enjoy the races. ( Maybe not Kawartha, we have enough nights off. ) These classes on there own interest me very little but as a package it's something I would go and see. Just a promotion tool that makes good sense. But it would have to include co-operation and compromise by all involved and we know that is pretty rare in the southern Ontario racing scene.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50730#msg50730

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »
As i said before they are not a favourite of mine as I prefer the Thunders and Late Model series at Kawartha.  And looking at it from a driver's point of view I can understand your frustration with not being able to run because of rain outs and other series cutting in on time on the track.  But as a fan my only option to complain is on here since the track won't listen.  You try and help them out by buying the season pass and hopefully others will see that it is a good thing and get one also.  So at the end of the season we'll review what has happened and see what they come up with.  I was more upset with you telling me to back off about the season pass issue when you continually were bashing the Legends series.  We are all entitled to our opinion and we have said ours.  Personally I wish someone would invent a canopy system to throw over a track so that weather would never be a factor so the racers could race all season long and I as a fan could sit in the stands and enjoy the show put on the drivers and teams.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.msg50742#msg50742

HTML ezBlock

site
stats