Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Brown Oval Auto Sports  (Read 2550 times)

Offline boas51

• Pit Crew
Brown Oval Auto Sports
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:48:24 AM »
Brown Oval Auto Sports preparing for 2008

If you ask Devon Brown What his favourite winter sport is, he will answer, “stock car racing! Well, at least building for the new season.” Brown has been racing since 1992, and building race cars since 1991. “I turned my hobby into a small business. I build and repair race chassis’ for other racers to help fund my own program.” Brown is quick to add, “It fills my winters. I tell people I gave up fastball, fishing, hunting, and hockey, for racing, and they usually question hockey.
   Even though Brown failed to finish 3 of the 4 Western Elite Stockcar Tour (WEST) events he raced in 2007, and finished 11th in the standings, he is very pleased. Why? “We had the speed to run near the front in every event we ran! Which surprised even me, since I had no intentions of running this car until May.” The first event was June second, which gave Brown only one month to completely disassemble, inspect, repair/replace, and reassemble an entire race vehicle. “It was a busy month! I worked on the car for close to 150 hours in May. plus I worked the “day” job and raced a pro truck at Auto Clearing Motor Speedway twice that month.”
Brown suffered parts failures in all 4 of the WEST events he ran, three of them while running 7th or better. The only event we finished, I had a power steering failure at about lap 75, while running second, and had a right front wheel failure just after lap 100. The guys got the wheel changed during the caution, and we still managed a fifth place finish.
“Why am I happy about 2007? We had the speed to run top five in most of the events we ran, and I know how to make the car faster!” Brown laughs before he continues, “Right now the hardest job I have is convincing prospective marketing partners that I can give them a better advertising platform than the local newspaper!”
   “Only 4 cars posted faster qualifying laps than our fastest qualifying lap in 2007, and I’m a terrible qualifier!” Of course I’m excited about 2008.”

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7438.msg42570#msg42570

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Brown Oval Auto Sports
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:48:24 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats