Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: CAMIRAND SCORES STRONG FINISHES AT SASKATOON'S DOUBLE-HEADER  (Read 649 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
CAMIRAND SCORES STRONG FINISHES AT SASKATOON'S
DOUBLE-HEADER

Wyant Group Raceway - Velocity Prairie Thunder Twin 125s

For Immediate Release:

Saskatoon, SK, July 27, 2018 - Marc-Antoine Camirand posted two strong results, as he was on track at the Wyant Group Raceway in Saskatoon, as the NASCAR Pinty’s series was in action for twin 125-lap races. The driver of the GM Paillé n°22 Chevrolet Camaro made his way to the top five in the first race, closing a 4th place finish, and carried on his success to the second run, scoring a podium finish.

Camirand and 22 Racing team worked hard all day to find some speed to the GM Paillé N°22 Chevrolet Camaro. In 10th place on the starting grid for the first race, the driver from Saint-Léonard-d’Aston fought hard to make his way through the field. After thigh battles, he ended the race just one step away from a podium finish.

“The car got faster and faster over the day. I wasn’t quite satisfied after practice and qualifying, but my team did an impressive job to find some speed. I had just had a good race, and I was confident for the second run,” said Camirand.

The driver of the GM Paillé n°22 Camaro started in 5th place, after the second race’s starting gird was determined by the first twin-125’s fastest lap. “I haven’t been able to keep my place in the top five at the beginning, but my car got extremely fast at the end. During the last 20 laps, I closed up the gap with the leaders and I was all over their rearview mirrors. We finally secured a podium finish, and it’s looking good for the next race. I am very happy that we have shown that we can be very fast on oval tracks too, and I feel that my first win in the NASCAR Pinty’s series will come soon,” concluded Camirand.

The Velocity Prairie Thunder presented by Bayer will be broadcast on TSN on Saturday August 11th at 1:30 p.m. ET and on RDS2 on Tuesday August 28th at 10:30 p.m. ET

Marc-Antoine Camirand and the GM Paillé n°22 Chevrolet Camaro will be back on track as soon as Saturday, when the Western Swing of the NASCAR Pinty’s series continues at Edmonton International Raceway, in Wetaskiwin, AB.

Informations:
Fannie Brouillette                                                  Linda Jones
Cell.: 819-698-8785                                              Cell:  705-730-4044
brouillette.fannie@gmail.com                                ljones@drivenmi.ca

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26359.msg118926#msg118926
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats