Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Sweeps the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour at Birch Run Speedway  (Read 859 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Sweeps the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour at Birch Run Speedway
« on: August 21, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »

Salem, IN (August 20, 2017) – 14 year old Carson Hocevar is quickly showing that he is fast becoming one of the top late model drivers in the country, by picking up his second JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Presented by Chevrolet Performance win Friday night at Birch Run Speedway, located in Birch Run, Michigan. Hocevar started the evening by claiming his third Fury Race Cars Fast Qualifier Award of the season, then completing the sweep by going to victory lane for the second time with the series in 2017.

“This is awesome getting the win here at Birch Run Speedway,” remarked Hocevar in victory lane. “The car was fast all day, but really came on in the second half of the race, I could put it right on the bottom and it would just go. I have to thank everyone at KBR for all their hard work and giving me a great car. I have to thank all my sponsors and my parents for their support, I wouldn’t be here in victory lane without them!” 

2015 event winner Dan Leeck, a Birch Run resident, grabbed the early lead from his outside front row starting position and lead the first 18 laps, until Austin Kunert was able to use the high side on a lap 19 restart to power by Kunert to grab the lead.

Kunert looked like he could be the car to beat after pulling out to a 10 car plus length lead, but Hocevar steadily worked his way to the front of the field and took over second and began to track down Kunert when the caution flew on lap 60 setting up a lap 61 restart. Kunert elected to take the high side giving the bottom to Hocevar. Hocevar’s car shot to the lead as the cars came down the front stretch to take the green flag, cleanly passing Kunert to grab the lead on lap 61.

Hocevar then had to hold off three time ARCA/CRA Super Series Champion Johnny VanDoorn, who had worked by Kunert to take over second place. Hocevar held off the veteran to win by just over a second to pad his Championship and Howie Lettow Rookie of the Year Award Presented by VanDoorn Racing Development point’s leads. Hocevar picked up the AR Bodies Cool Move of the Race Award for his pass of Kunert to get the lead and picked up his fourth VanDoorn Racing Development Rookie of the Race Award of the season.

VanDoorn would finish in second as he still seeks his first JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour victory. VanDoorn picked up the FLUIDYNE Cool Under Pressure Award. Kunert would finish in third place after leading 42 laps of the event. Kunert’s crew picked up the PitBoxes.com Pit Crew of the Race Award for their efforts in giving Kunert a fast car for the event.

Kyle Crump would finish in fourth, his second straight series top five finish. Jack Dossey would come from his 15th place starting position to finish in fifth place. For the second straight event Dossey III picked up a Great Lakes Tire/Hoosier Performance Award and the Racing Electronics Hardcharger Award. Leeck would finish in sixth with Michael Clancy Jr. in seventh. Steve Dorer had to go to the pits early in the event after being involved in an on track incident, Dorer would then charge through the field to finish in eighth picking up a Great Lakes Tire/Hoosier Performance Award and the Sweet Manufacturing Sweet Move of the Race Award. Auto City winner Kyle Hayden would finish in ninth with Eric Lee in tenth.

The series next event will be the Winchester 100 Presented by JEGS.com on Sunday, September 3rd on the High Banks of Winchester Speedway, that event will be the first event of the series Championship Chase, as part of the Labor Day Weekend World Stock Car Festival. More information on the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Presented by Chevrolet Performance is available at www.cra-racing.com.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24930.msg117496#msg117496
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: August 21, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats