Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Kawartha Results August 7th  (Read 1705 times)

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
Kawartha Results August 7th
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:34:55 AM »
Lets start with some math.....

4 weeks off + orange full moon = torn up sheet metal.

Ton of cars in the pits tonight....

18 Thunder Cars
20 Mini Stocks
23 OSCAAR
28 Late Models.

Right off the bat the first late model heat....doesn't even make a lap before a spin by the 0, restart and then all heck breaks loose in turn #1  as 19 goes around....47 hits the 5.... 16 slides in....79 spins and clobbers the 16.   after 1 more yellow..... officials have had enough and just pull a plug on the whole heat.

Heat 2 comes out....to the same tune, as the 77 & 97 spin in turn-2.  They finally get everything going.....but coming to the white flag, the 10 pulls up right in front of the 71 both cars looked the hit the wall but would continue ...Morgan would go on to take the win..McHattie was not happy with the move and he let Morgan know after the checkers.

So we move onto Thunders....hoping these guys can keep there heads on straight, and the first heat sure didn't look like it.... as there was chaos on the first lap with cars going everywhere.  

after that the 2nd heat & the minis went clean and green.

The first of two 35 lap features for OSCAAR took to the track next, just as they were about to take the green the 52x has some sort of problem and drops oil all the way around the track, after a long clean up it was time to go.  The first few laps were tretous to say the least on the slippery track....couple cars spun in turn-4....after the restart it went clean and green till the end with the 22 of Watson leading every lap en route to the victory.

Next up was the Late Model semi....as everyone held there breath wondering who would be the next victim of the night....thankfully the semi & consi went clean. as did the Thunders.

It was now the minis turn to join the "hit parade"  as the 1 & 69 got together sending Ambrose HARD into the inside wall, few laps later the 01 would see the same faith but with much less damage.

Features were up next, Thunders were on deck first....a great race...and epic battle between the 63,57,87 as it has been all season, Donaldson would take the lead about half way threw and not look back.

27 Late Models hit the track for there 25 lap feature...and it didn't take long for the wreck fest to continue, as the  25ON got spun in turn 1&2 out of 2nd place, and bunch of other cars spun but nobody really made contact....everyone is VERY lucky as they coulda been a muti # car pile up right off the start.

Restart would come and the 20 & 73 clobbered each other in turn-2 some how they keepth it going and nobody eles got caught up.....but it didn't take long for mayhem to insure again, as I didn't see what happend but the 5,7,61 and a few others ended up in a wad in turn #1 destroying the #7

Restart again and just a couple laps later, 61 & 11 make contact sending the 11 into the 47....and Walters went straight into the inside wall on the front stretch HARD....destroying the front & back end of the 47 car.

At this point the race was cut by 5 laps....and they finally were able to get racing as only 1 more yellow would slow the pace...great battle between the 1,9 & 25 for the lead.... as it was Parsons coming out on top on this night.

OSCAAR hit the track for there 2nd 35, Younger of the two Watsons would jump into the lead...and lead the first 20 laps untill a yellow came out, this put the 70 on his bumper and it didn't take long for Hanley to overtake young Watson..... and then just a few laps later Watson would blow the engine going into turn-1.... a bunch of cars would spin but nobody really got any damage.  

at this point with it being 10:45...and oil all over the track they called the race with 5 laps left giving the 70 the win.

The mini stock feature also got scraped...I feel bad for these guys not getting to race for so many weeks...and then next week being off week, really it should have been an earlier start time tonight....or scrap the consi's or something..to try to get the whole show in, but is what it is.

anyway...lets hope in 2 weeks time the Late Models can keep there heads on straight for 100 laps

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10273.msg71316#msg71316
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:37:22 AM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Kawartha Results August 7th
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:34:55 AM »

Offline tower

• Team Owner
Re: Kawartha Results August 7th
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 10:03:20 PM »
One thing i cant understand is that i thought all involved cars had to go to the back if they were involved in bringing out a caution. Was it not the #11 of morrow that caused the wreck with walters by getting in to him.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10273.msg71372#msg71372

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »
One thing i cant understand is that i thought all involved cars had to go to the back if they were involved in bringing out a caution. Was it not the #11 of morrow that caused the wreck with walters by getting in to him.
I THINK the #61 got into the # 11 and in turn the #11 got ino Walters & if you recall the # 61 was in the pit after this incident  :-\

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10273.msg71379#msg71379

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

HTML ezBlock

site
stats