Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Formula 2000 Canada Series Makes Calabogie Debut  (Read 974 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Formula 2000 Canada Series Makes Calabogie Debut
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:59:35 AM »
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

www.formula2000.ca

Robichon, Blok and Pelletier In Tight Points Battle

TORONTO, ON (May 27, 2015) – The F2000 Canada Series heads to scenic Calabogie Motorsports Park this weekend for the MCO May Madness event, rounds 3 and 4 of the championship.

The first two rounds of the championship showcased three of Canada’s hottest young drivers in back and forth battles all weekend long. Zacharie Robichon and Chase Pelletier renewed a rivalry from their days in F1600 over the last two years and were joined by former F1600 champion Nathan Blok at the front of the grid.

Blok struck first, winning race 1 in dramatic fashion over Robichon and Pelletier. Robichon nabbed race 2 in a daring 3-wide move as the leaders encountered some lapped traffic. Pelletier took the next step on the podium and Blok had to settle for third.

Pelletier, the 2014 F1600 Super Series Champion was on pace in his debut, leading laps and setting the pace in several sessions made most impressive by the fact that he had never sat in an F2000 car previously.

Robichon, with 188 points, comes to Calabogie with a slim 10-point lead in the championship over Blok’s 178. Pelletier is 12-points back of Blok with a 166-point tally.

Calabogie will also provide some extra motivation for two of the competitors – hometown bragging rights. Robichon is from Ottawa, ON and Blok is from Pembroke, ON, so count on a big cheering section for each of those drivers in attendance.

Three other competitors will make their season debut this weekend. Jim Hallman, of Kitchener, ON, in a Van Diemen, Alex Zeller of Orleans, ON in a Citation and Tom Drake is up from Westford, VT with his Van Diemen.

Things get rolling Friday, May 29th with a full day of testing, then Saturday with one practice, a qualifying and 30 minutes race. The Sunday schedule is a repeat of Saturday.

Zacharie Robichon – “I am looking forward to getting back out on track this weekend at Calabogie Motorsports Park. We had a very successful first weekend in the F2000 Canada championship with a 1st and 2nd place and I hope to carry that momentum into the second weekend of the season. We’re still working very hard to get the set up right in our Van Diemen F2000 car and I know we will keep improving every time out. I can’t wait to have another great battle at the front of the field this weekend; the BGR crew and myself have been working hard to get everything ready for this next round and I know we will be ready to once again fight for the race win.”

Nathan Blok – “I'm really looking forward to this weekend at Calabogie. The team & I had some good momentum from Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and I hope to turn it into a pair of wins this weekend. I have a lot of experience here, and since I grew up so close, many of my sponsors & friends are coming, so I have an extra incentive to do well.”

Chase Pelletier – “This weekend can’t come soon enough. I really enjoyed the first weekend of racing in an F2000 car and was happy we were on the pace. I think now that I have a couple of races under my belt and was so competitive I am ready to take the top step and steal some thunder from the local guys. Whatever happens the racing has been phenomenal so far and I expect this weekend will be no different.”

Follow the series at www.formula2000.ca  on facebook.com/F2000Canada on twitter @F2000Canada and Instagram @f2000canada

SERIES CONTACT: Jason Sharpe, (416) 557-5451 or jasons@movemotorsports.com, Twitter: @jasonsharpe

If photographs are required please contact Jason Sharpe (416) 557-5451 or jasons@movemotorsports.com

The F2000 Canada Championship is the premiere wings and slicks series in Ontario, sanctioned by CASC Ontario Region and proudly supported by Hoosier Tire, Stäubli, Lincoln Electric, and Move Motorsports Management. The series is comprised of a six event, double-header format and competes at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Shannonville Motorsport Park and Calabogie Motorsports Park.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21070.msg113509#msg113509
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 28, 2015, 09:59:35 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats