Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Lomax a Winner in Mod Squad Night at Plymouth Speedway  (Read 793 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Lomax a Winner in Mod Squad Night at Plymouth Speedway
« on: June 14, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »

By: Anita Soltis

(Plymouth, IN)  Lomax dominated the Playground of Power in 2014 and proved that he’s still a force to be reckoned with when he battled two strong drivers in Saturday night’s Mod Squad event. 

Those two drivers were Todd Sherman and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Justin Allgaier.  Sherman led the majority of the Swan Lake Resort UMP Modified race after taking the lead from Dylan Woodling on the first lap.  Lomax started fourth and used the entire race track to slowly gain positions throughout the 30-lap feature. 

Lomax was second by lap nine after getting by Woodling who continued to fall through the field.  Lapped traffic helped Lomax set his sights on Sherman, who was the leader.  A caution helped bunch up the field and Lomax went after Sherman. 

The pair were side-by-side on lap 17 when a caution came out for a spinning car.  They went back to work on each other once the green flag waved and Sherman was able to claim the lead once again.   

Allgaier and Lomax were then fighting for the second position.  Allgaier was using the top groove of the track to get by competitors and slowly made his way up to the third spot.  Lomax fell to the third position by lap 20, but would get it back after another caution on the track. 

Sherman was still in the lead by lap 22 while Lomax was in second and Allgaier in third.  On lap 24, Lomax brought the heat to Sherman and assumed the lead on lap 25.

The top three stayed in order when a caution came out on the last lap which created a green-white-checkered finish.  Lomax was able to stay in the lead while Sherman ran second and Allgaier third when the checkered flag waved. 

“Sherman and I ran close so I worked the bottom.  The top went away for me and I stayed down while Sherman and Allgaier stayed up top.  It was a great, fun race for me,” said Lomax. 

With his win, Lomax became $1,000 richer. 

The rain came right after the feature.  Track officials made the decision to cancel the rest of the features for the night.  The Dickies Restaurant 600 Open Sprints, WTCA Super Streets, Walmart Thunder Stocks, and Bane-Welker Cyber Stocks will have DOUBLE features next week.  The gates will open on Saturday, June 20 at 4 p.m., hot laps will start at 6 p.m. and racing begins at 7 p.m. ET.  For ticket and pit pass prices, visit www.plymouthspeedway.net.

### 

About Plymouth Speedway:
Plymouth Speedway features a three-eighths (0.375) mile banked dirt oval owned by Ed Kennedy. Five different classes of racing are featured: UMP Modifieds, Non-wing 600 Sprints, Thunder Stocks, Cyber Stocks and Super Streets. Regular season races are scheduled in the months of April through August on Saturday nights with several special events. For information, visit www.plymouthspeedway.net, follow Plymouth Speedway’s official Facebook page, @PlymouthSpeed on Twitter or email info@plymouthspeedway.net. 

Swan Lake Resort UMP Modified winner Jamie Lomax (center), Todd Sherman (left), Justin Allgaier.  Photo by RPM Graphix 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21202.msg113645#msg113645
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 14, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats