Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Kawartha Speedway 2012: A Rumble of Thunder in the Hills of Fraserville  (Read 1113 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Kawartha Speedway 2012:  A Rumble of Thunder in the Hills of Fraserville

By Jim Clarke, Kawartha Speedway PR/Clarke Motorsports Communications

Twice each season, the drivers and teams of Kawartha Speedway’s Thunder Car division open the doors to all comers for a 50 lap invitational feature.  Friday, July 27th is the first such event on the 2012 calendar.  Also on the show will be the NAPA Auto Parts ACT Late Models, Hasiuk Trailer and Container Rental Mini Stocks and the second of four appearances by the Ontario Legends Series.

Even though he has yet to achieve the same level of success as some of his Thunder Car counterparts, one of the most popular drivers in the division is the #09 Langille Scrap/www.richardprice.ca/Hy-Hope Farms Farm Market & Golf Course/ www.360automotive.ca/ Cardinal Signs/www.aandtmechanical.ca machine of Dan Price.  Unique in a field of reconditioned Chevy Monte Carlos, Pontiac Firebirds and the occasional Ford Thunderbird, the Brooklin, Ontario racer’s car is equipped with sheet metal rescued from a vintage 1957

Chevy Bel Air.

“I’ve always been an aficionado of old cars and after checking the rulebook, decided to do something different,” said Price, who currently sits 4th in points at Kawartha.  “I might not be the fastest car out there, but I always get noticed.  I race to have fun and this year, I get the added bonus of running against my brother Donovan.  It’s become more than just fighting the rest of the pack.  Now we’re battling each other for the family honours.”

Dan Price built his car 6 years ago from the ground up.  In its early incarnations, the racer carried Oldsmobile Cutlass body panels and was run as a 1955 Pontiac for 3 years prior to the current campaign.  The 35 year-old started his racing career in 1997 and has built and raced enduro, mini stock and pro late model stock cars, but says his favourite division is thunder cars.

As always, pit gates open Friday, July 27th at 3:00 with rotating practice sessions starting at 5:00.  The night’s first green flag is at 7:00.

Kawartha klips:  To make-up for the cancellation of the June 1st season opener, Kawartha Speedway’s regular divisions will each run a double point event before the end of the year.  The Hasiuk Trailer and Container Rental Mini Stock teams will earn double race points Friday, July 27th, with the Thunder Car extra point show Friday, August 17th.  NAPA Auto Parts ACT Late Model drivers will get the chance to pad their point totals at the Friday, August 24th show...At the start of the year, Kawartha Speedway and Capital City Speedway announced a special Thunder Car challenge series.  In addition to regular race purse, drivers will race for a bonus payout of $250 for 1st, $150 for 2nd and $100 for every competitor.  The 50 lap events in the challenge are Friday, August 24th at Kawartha and Saturday, September 8th at Capital City.  Pre registration by August 15th is required and drivers need to run both events to eligible for the bonus.

Photo attachment:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications

Brooklin, Ontario’s Dan Price battles door-to-door with Willie Reyns in Thunder Car feature race action – Friday, July 20th – at Kawartha Speedway.

Prepared by:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications
                       clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com
                       613.968.6410  /  613.922.0654

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15919.msg103508#msg103508
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Offline ford93

• Pit Crew
Is this an invitational? It's not listed as such on the online sked.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15919.msg103510#msg103510

HTML ezBlock

site
stats