Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: My Take: This week with HSC Powersports  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
My Take: This week with HSC Powersports
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »
This blog will feature a little background on what has transpired thus far to get the car ready to hit the track next weekend for the first time. In the blogs following this we will mainly concentrate on the past weeks on the track exploits as well as what is going on at the shop.

Well the past few weeks have toned down a bit since the painting of the new 2009 Thunder car that we are preparing for the upcoming race season at Barrie Speedway. We have been kind of taking a mini-break working only until 8:30 or 9:00, which is a nice break from all the 1:00 a.m., nights the previous month and a half! The car has come a long way this winter. We purchased it in January and immediately began disassembly. We took the suspension, body and everything off the car, it only had approximately 7 races on it after being built new the year before, but there were certain things we wanted to change.

After remounting the new body and getting the wiring and suspension all sorted out and done, we finished the gauges off and put the windows in. A week and a half ago we put the paint on the car and thanks to my uncle Garnett, it came out looking great! This past week we have done some motor stuff and should have that back tomorrow, as well as started the setup process.

The car is heading out this weekend to get the setup finished and we hope to have it scaled and ready for practice by Thursday night!

As far as the mustang mini stock is concerned, it is still sitting in the same place it was put at the end of last year. It will be pulled out Sunday and should only need minor work. I might even try my hand at painting on that car, just to see if I have learned anything watching my uncle these past 4 years!

Hopefully next week I will be saying how ready we are for practice and not scrambling at the last minute to get ready!

I would like to personally thank the following companies for coming on board in the past few weeks and helping us get this car to where it is: Securequip Systems (www.securequip.ca), Lojack (www.getlojack.ca), Elmvale Carquest, Hillsdale Service Centre. Without their help we would not be racing this season!

I almost forgot! Last weekend my aunt came over with a present for my brother and I for the trailer, it is pictured below!

How cool is that!?!!?

Thayne Hallyburton, driver of the #14 Dodge Charger Thunder Car at Barrie Speedway.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9562.msg66746#msg66746

CanadianRacingOnline.com

My Take: This week with HSC Powersports
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Re: My Take: This week with HSC Powersports
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:18:14 PM »
Thanks you for sharing this with us and looking forward to seeing updates.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9562.msg66747#msg66747
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

HTML ezBlock

site
stats