Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: TOUGH ENDING FOR JASON WHITE  (Read 753 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
TOUGH ENDING FOR JASON WHITE
« on: July 15, 2018, 11:25:50 AM »

July 14, 2018. Jason White returned to action in his #28 Powder Ventures Excavating ride for round number four of the NASCAR Pinty’s Series this past weekend.  This was the annual stop for the series at the Toronto Indy weekend where competitors race around the city streets lined with concrete walls.  It presents both a challenge and excitement for the drivers.

White ran only a handful of laps during the one hour practice session Friday afternoon and would qualify the #28 Powder Ventures Excavating car 17th.  “The team was working pretty hard to find the right set up,” explained White.  “The hot weather made for tough conditions,” he added.

When the green flag fell on the scheduled 35-lap event White was on the move in his #28 Powder Ventures Excavating car.  “I had some good battles going on for a lot of the race, really fun and great to watch for the fans too” said White. 

White was winning many of those battles and as the race moved on had made his way into the top ten when the fourth caution period of the afternoon slowed the field and set up a green, white, checker finish to the race. 

It was on the final restart that things turned sour for the #28 Powder Ventures Excavating driver.  “I’d done what I’d planned, stay out of trouble and take what’s there for me.  But after that final restart some other guys decided they’d make some bad choices. After we got hit the tie rod was broken and all I could do was limp around to the end” explained the driver.

Another competitor took what looked to be a very positive finish for the #28 Powder Ventures team away.  “Its kind of shame” said White.  “This event is so great, fans were loving it, it’s such a charge to come here and race on the streets, it’s a bit sour to have it end with us finishing 15th”.

Jason White will be back behind the wheel of the #28 Powder Ventures Excavating machine next at Wyant Group Raceway in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Wednesday July 25th.  Fans can watch the Pinty’s Grand Prix from Toronto Saturday July 21stat 2:30PM ET on TSN.

To keep up with the latest news about Jason White and the #28 Powder Ventures team follow Jason on twitter for the latest updates @racinjasonwhite and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RacinJasonWhite

Prepared by, Todd Lewis, TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com(239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26292.msg118859#msg118859
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: July 15, 2018, 11:25:50 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats