Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Work Commitments Keep Willie Reyns out of Thunder Car Action  (Read 1076 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Work Commitments Keep Willie Reyns out of Thunder Car Action

By Jim Clarke, Kawartha Speedway PR/Clarke Motorsports Communications

With track championship trophies from the 2008 and 2010 seasons already proudly displayed in the race shop, no one could blame Willie Reyns for looking forward to Kawartha Speedway’s 2012 campaign. The driver of the #87 Cobourg Development Services/Don Stacey Electric/Mercer Build Construction/Appleman Carstar Collision Centre/Pursey’s Yacht Portage Monte Carlo has a knack for winning titles in even numbered seasons and although he currently sits 2nd in Thunder Car points – and picked-up the main event win Friday, June 22nd – the season may be over for the 27 year-old racer from Port Hope, Ontario.

“A couple of weeks before the season opener, I got word that I might be required to be working out of the area for most of the summer,” said the driver in victory lane.  “A third championship would be nice and I’m sure it’ll happen some day, just not this year.  I’m still doing this for fun – it’s just a hobby – and my work commitments have to come first.”

Starting midway in the pack, Reyns worked through traffic and caught early race leader Dan Price near the halfway mark of the 20 lap Thunder Car feature during Kawartha Speedway’s most recent event.  Getting close to Price was one thing, but passing him proved to be another. Always patient, Reyns would bide his time and wait for an opening. His chance came when the #09 machine slipped just a little coming off the 4th turn and that was just the opening he needed.  Even though Price was able to keep pace and hang onto second place, there was no catching Reyns.

“I’m sure there were a number of people cheering for Dan and quietly, I was one of them,” admitted Reyns.  “Everyone loves to see a first time winner and I remember how I felt when I scored my first victory.  Dan has been running well and will get that win eventually.  This one was mine.”

Kawartha klips:  After a one week break Friday June 29th, Kawartha Speedway heads back into action Friday, July 6th with the 9th annual edition of the NAPA Auto Parts ACT Late Model Summer Sizzler. Port Hope, Ontario racer Bryan Mercer is the defending champion of the 150 lap marquee event...The Richard Petty Driving Experience returns to the track Saturday and Sunday, July 14th and 15th.  Information can be found at www.drivepetty.com/can-tour, or by calling 1.800.Be.Petty (1.800.237.3889)...View the complete track schedule and see the latest news at www.kawarthaspeedway.com.

Photo attachment:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications

A Kawartha Speedway win Friday, June 22nd may be Willie Reyns’ only trip to victory lane this season.  The Port Hope, Ontario racer will be out of action due to work commitments.

Prepared by:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications
                       clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com
                       613.968.6410  /  613.922.0654

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15654.msg102666#msg102666
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats