Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: 2016 Toyo Tires F1600 Season Opener  (Read 1465 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
2016 Toyo Tires F1600 Season Opener
« on: May 14, 2016, 01:23:26 AM »

F1600 Series Kicks Off the 66th Running of BEMC Spring Trophy Races

TORONTO, ON (May 13, 2016) – The 2016 Toyo Tires F1600 Championship season gets underway this weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, participating in the 66th running of the BEMC Spring Trophy Races.

Defending Super Series champion Michael Adams makes a return to the seat of the Britain West Mygale Honda he had so much success with last year. He will headline a mixed field of series veterans and outstanding young competitors.

The Brian Graham Racing team has prepared two Piper Hondas for sophomore driver Ben Hurst, last season’s rookie of the year and karting star Roman De Angelis.

Both drivers have had an extensive testing program in the US over the winter and are eager to get the season rolling. “Brian and the team have been working really hard this off season and with all the testing I feel ready and am excited for the weekend,” said Hurst.

De Angelis will contest the entire season and looks to grab the rookie of the year title. “This will be my first race of the Canadian championship so it will be good to see where I am compared to the other drivers. I am coming in as a rookie but my main goal is to win the championship and as many races as possible so we will be giving it our all.”

The B Class title will be hotly contested this season. Defending champion Connor Wagland is suffering from a back injury and will miss the first round but his father Steve, a former F1600 champion in his own right, will pick up the driving duties for the Burloak Cycle team.

Steve Bodrug and Keith Lobban will be two drivers to keep an eye on as well as the returning David Graham.

New for 2016 is a three race per weekend format giving competitors more opportunity for wheel to wheel action at every event.

Practice and qualifying will get underway Saturday and race one will be in the early afternoon. Races two and three will take place on Sunday.

SERIES CONTACT: Jason Sharpe, (416) 557-5451 or jasons@movemotorsports.com, Twitter: @jasonsharpe

The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship Series is the premiere open wheel series in Ontario, sanctioned by CASC Ontario Region and proudly supported by Toyo Tires, Honda HPD, Lincoln Electric and MK Technologies. The series is comprised of a six event, double-header format and competes at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Shannonville Motorsport Park and Calabogie Motorsports Park.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22508.msg115067#msg115067
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 14, 2016, 01:23:26 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats